Trayvon's avengers

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

rosey
Apprentice

Trayvon's avengers

Post #1

Post by rosey »

Since the young Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, African Americans have been getting revenge for his death... on Caucasians. Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
They beat up this guy,

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/2 ... r-3659891/

A couple days ago some boys beat up a 19 year old white kid, "For Trayon."

And some more African American boys beat up real bad a 80 year old white man.

WHY?

Felix
Student

Post #2

Post by Felix »

For the verdict announcement, police will be out in full force among the black populations in America, doing all they can do to prevent innumerable acts of revenge in what is called rioting.

It was wicked, criminal, and cowardly of Prosecutor Angela Cory to charge Zimmerman with murder. Criminal because the Probable Cause affidavit is an act of perjury because it hides evidence and misrepresents other evidence. Cowardly because she's doing this, certainly, out of fear of not being re-elected if she doesn't charge Zimmerman. And, wicked , on top of being cowardly and criminal, because the verdict will spark violence, and many more innocent people will suffer.

bluethread
Savant

Re: Trayvon's avengers

Post #3

Post by bluethread »

rosey wrote: Why are they beating up white people? Zimmerman is Hispanic.
Correction: "White Hispanic" according to The New York Times.

Felix
Student

Post #4

Post by Felix »

bluethread wrote:
Hispanic mother. Jewish father. It's interesting that the media ignores, even misleads concerning, the ethnicity of the father.

bluethread
Savant

Post #5

Post by bluethread »

Felix wrote:
bluethread wrote:
Hispanic mother. Jewish father. It's interesting that the media ignores, even misleads concerning, the ethnicity of the father.
A-ha! See, he's a jew. He must be guilty. :oldhat:

Felix
Student

Post #6

Post by Felix »

bluethread wrote:Correction: "White Hispanic" according to The New York Times.
And, the media has taken to calling President BO "white black."

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Darias
Guru

Post #7

Post by Darias »

The media is responsible for this type of stuff. The moment the tragedy happened, the media painted it as the execution of an African American boy by a Caucasian trigger-happy racist.

The reality was altogether different. The victim was an adult, by the standards of most states. The shooter was Hispanic and Jewish -- not "white." I highly doubt racism was even involved.

Sure there might be a problem with stand your ground law -- sure Zimmerman might have provoked Trayvon by following him, and Trayvon might have acted in his own self defense.

But the idea that it was racist I think has been completely exaggerated, if not fabricated by the media. There are plenty examples of real racism in the country.

There are also plenty examples of black on white crime, as you have noted, but that never makes national attention.

But the thing that bothers me most that me as a "white" (whatever that means, I'm part Cherokee and part German/English, idk) person could be the next victim of some vigilante seeking racial justice. The tragedy that took place forces me to see color, when I never wanted to. Now I have to watch my own back. I have a tan and facial features that could easily be confused for a "white hispanic" (Plus the fact that I look like one of the nerdiest person on earth doesn't help much)

I know there are members of Black Panthers on my campus. One was in my cultures and conflicts class last semester. She seemed like the nicest person in the world, even offered to help out a white classmate find a place to stay until she got a new apartment.

It was only until the very last day of the semester when she said she was a Black Panther, but that "I don't hate white people" -- I just hung my head and didn't want to look at her because I knew that wasn't true .

I see her on campus sometimes when I'm walking back and forth to class -- it's a large university, but it sucks now. I hate being judged for the color of my skin.

rosey
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by rosey »

Darias wrote:The media is responsible for this type of stuff. The moment the tragedy happened, the media painted it as the execution of an African American boy by a Caucasian trigger-happy racist.

The reality was altogether different. The victim was an adult, by the standards of most states. The shooter was Hispanic and Jewish -- not "white." I highly doubt racism was even involved.

Sure there might be a problem with stand your ground law -- sure Zimmerman might have provoked Trayvon by following him, and Trayvon might have acted in his own self defense.

But the idea that it was racist I think has been completely exaggerated, if not fabricated by the media. There are plenty examples of real racism in the country.

There are also plenty examples of black on white crime, as you have noted, but that never makes national attention.
That is because the media wants a 'man-bites-dog' story, not a 'dog-bites-man' story. I'm not being racist. Stats show African Americans attack, kill, and rape Caucasians 7 times more than the other way around. So when a non black kills an African American, it's big news.

But the thing that bothers me most that me as a "white" (whatever that means, I'm part Cherokee and part German/English, idk) person could be the next victim of some vigilante seeking racial justice. The tragedy that took place forces me to see color, when I never wanted to. Now I have to watch my own back. I have a tan and facial features that could easily be confused for a "white hispanic" (Plus the fact that I look like one of the nerdiest person on earth doesn't help much)

I know there are members of Black Panthers on my campus. One was in my cultures and conflicts class last semester. She seemed like the nicest person in the world, even offered to help out a white classmate find a place to stay until she got a new apartment.

It was only until the very last day of the semester when she said she was a Black Panther, but that "I don't hate white people" -- I just hung my head and didn't want to look at her because I knew that wasn't true .

I see her on campus sometimes when I'm walking back and forth to class -- it's a large university, but it sucks now. I hate being judged for the color of my skin.
I have recently been considering carrying a gun. I used to never even consider the idea, but a friend of mine has encouraged me to get one, "Don't you know the crime rates goin' up, up, up, up, up, up!!!"

Felix
Student

Post #9

Post by Felix »

rosey wrote:That is because the media wants a 'man-bites-dog' story, not a 'dog-bites-man' story. I'm not being racist. Stats show African Americans attack, kill, and rape Caucasians 7 times more than the other way around. So when a non black kills an African American, it's big news.
I think you're right. Black-on-white violent crime is 40 times that of white-on-black (or some such wildly disproportionate number). The Liberal media has an agenda "reverse discrimination" to achieve "equality". The Liberal media doesn't want blacks to be thought of as disproportional guilty of interracial crimes. To that end, crimes by blacks against whites are ignored, while crimes (often just alleged) crimes by whites against blacks are hyped.

The Liberal media is dishonest, and I don't think dishonesty is justified even with good intentions. And, I think these intentions make things worse. I think of all the blacks that go out and commit crimes, or otherwise sabotage their own lives, out of hatred against whites taught to them by the Liberal media. And, I think of the whites are moved to hate blacks by disproportionate destructive black behavior and the unfair response by the media.

Zimmerman has an admirable history in the area of race relations and of fighting crime. Martin has a history that the Liberal media prefers you not to know about. And, Martin, that fateful night, attacked Zimmerman.... the Liberal media knows this, that's why when you're not hearing that Zimmerman attacked Martin, you're hearing that Martin's attack on Zimmerman was justified, rather than hearing that attacking someone for looking at you is a good way to get yourself shot.

MyReality
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by MyReality »

It was already proven that the media purposefully doctored tapes and withheld vital information that could've prevented the uprising. This is why i argue that the media have a responsibility to report 100% of information they attain.

I am impressed with the family (specifically the mother) of Trayvon Martin with her patience. If she went on the media networks and cried out for blood, we just may have very well seen another L.A. riot and most likely vigilante justice. Than a portion of florida would be burned and looted over misinformation and intended deceit.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/regr ... rrections/

The can of worms was already opened without any hope of closing it.

NBC’s failure to correct Zimmerman audio on-air highlights lack of TV news corrections

Carr asks why, after launching an internal investigation, firing the offending party and issuing a statement of apology over a misleadingly edited clip of George Zimmerman, NBC News didn’t also offer an on-air correction.

The mangled clip ended up making Zimmerman’s 911 call sound far more race-obsessed than it was. It aired on the popular “Today� show, bringing the deceptive clip to a wide audience. (NBC’s investigation concluded the edit was done by accident, not out of malice.)

Carr’s question is valid.

Even though NBC acted quickly to investigate how the clip was changed and discipline the person responsible, it left out one important action: Issuing an on-air correction on the “Today� show, telling viewers what happened, why, and apologizing for it in the same venue where the error was given such a public airing.

Carr gets NBC News president Steve Capus on the phone, ready to, as he writes, “do battle over the lack of on-air remediation.�

But Capus agrees they should have done an on-air correction. Good. Why didn’t they?

“The reality is that we didn’t try to hide from it,� he told Carr. “We did an awful lot of work after it happened. We did an exhaustive investigation, I did interviews with a lot of publications to get the message out, but we probably should have done it on our own air.�

Carr adds an additional explanation:

Part of the reason it didn’t occur to them is that television news almost never corrects itself on air when it gets called out. It just isn’t generally done, unless it’s needed to make a lawsuit go away.