How is one saved?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

AdHoc
Guru

How is one saved?

Post #1

Post by AdHoc »

Some people say you need to pray the sinner's prayer, some say believe in Jesus... is there a clear instruction from the Bible how to be saved?

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Re: How is one saved?

Post #2

Post by TheTruth101 »

AdHoc wrote: Some people say you need to pray the sinner's prayer, some say believe in Jesus... is there a clear instruction from the Bible how to be saved?

You are saved when you acknowledge a higher existence that is higher then of your ways.

That is all.
"And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." -Ezkiel
"The big bang theory is just a detailed information of Genesis verse 1, and 2."

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

AdHoc wrote: Some people say you need to pray the sinner's prayer, some say believe in Jesus... is there a clear instruction from the Bible how to be saved?
TheTruth101 wrote: You are saved when you acknowledge a higher existence that is higher then of your ways.

That is all.
Do you remember the teacher who when giving you a failing mark on an examination wrote on your test paper, "Did you read the question?" I am going to admonish you in this case to read the question. Is there a clear instruction from the Bible for how to be saved? Nowhere in your answer did you make reference to anything in the actual Bible. The expression acknowledge a higher existence is never once found in the text of any of the books of the Bible.

And, while I am channeling my inner mean school teacher, I can point out that you would lose a mark for using then when you should have used than.

Also, in reference to the OP, the sinners prayer is also nowhere to be found in the Christian Bible.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

1. You must be elect.

2. You must have chosen to become evil in GOD's sight.

3. Believe the gospel:
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

Believe in the Lord Jesus:
Acts 16:30 ...and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Accept Christ died for your sins:
1 Corinthians 15:3
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,

By faith:
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Faith: hope without proof:
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

That should do it...

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by TheTruth101 »

McCulloch wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: You are saved when you acknowledge a higher existence that is higher then of your ways.

That is all.
Do you remember the teacher who when giving you a failing mark on an examination wrote on your test paper, "Did you read the question?" I am going to admonish you in this case to read the question. Is there a clear instruction from the Bible for how to be saved? Nowhere in your answer did you make reference to anything in the actual Bible. The expression acknowledge a higher existence is never once found in the text of any of the books of the Bible.

And, while I am channeling my inner mean school teacher, I can point out that you would lose a mark for using then when you should have used than.

Also, in reference to the OP, the sinners prayer is also nowhere to be found in the Christian Bible.
Mathews 33:38 -40

'Love your neiguboor as yourself, this is the first and the greatest commandment. And second is like it. All prophets hang on to these two laws and the commandments'

There you go Adhoc.

Care for others like you would yourself. That would mean consideration and feeding.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

This is what I find so sad about Christianity. I think it totally confuses the whole concept of spiritual enlightenment.

In Christianity the idea that Jesus originally was trying to get across to people is that they must be "Born Again". But that idea has become muddled and replaced with an idea that a person needs to be "Saved".

And what is it that Christians believe they need to be "Saved" from? Well, they have come to believe that they are being "Saved" from judgement. Yet, then never truly believe this either because even thought they might believe that they have been saved they still believe that they will have to face judgement on judgment day.

Well, if you still have to face a judgement day where you might not pass judgment, how can it be said that you had been "saved"?

The whole idea of being saved is a wrong concept from the very beginning.

It's not about being saved. It's about being Born Again in Spirit.

And this is actually an idea that comes from the Eastern mystical traditions like Buddhism. It's also called "The Enlightenment".

Being "Born Again in Spirit" and being "Spiritually Enlightened" are one in the same thing.

There are two ways to look at life. One way is to view life from the perspective of being a separate individual entity. This is referred to as the "Egotistical Perspective".

The other way to view life is to look at it from the perspective of being part of the whole. This is referred to as the "Spiritual Perspective".

When we are born as new born babies we have a Spiritual Perspective on life, and this spiritual perspective on life remains in tact until about the age of 3, 4, or 5 depending on the individual. At that age our conscious perspective begins to change and we begin to see ourselves as an individual. We start to really begin to divide the world up into two main divisions, "Me" and "Not Me". And we start to view material things as "Mine" and "Not Mine".

This causes us to begin to view the world from the "Egotistical Perspective".

It become a "Them versus Us" perspective. We begin to identify with specific friends who are "Our Friends" and other people who are "Not Our Friends". And so on.

It's a self-centered view of reality. That can actually be associated and shared with other people that we feel are in our "Group".

This is not necessarily a bad thing. In some cases it's actually a good, and can actually be beneficial in dangerous environments. And it's also a very natural thing.

However, it causes us to lose sight of our true nature. We are not really individual beings. We are really nothing other than part of the whole. And everyone is our brother or sister.

The self-centered, and self-important illusions we had created are artificial. We created them via nothing other than from our very own conscious choice to align ourselves with certain things, and separate ourselves from certain other things.

In the terms of ttruscott, you could say that we have artificially created a divide of "Them and Us" or "The Elect, and the Non Elect". But those are totally artificial divisions that we have created via our own choice to pass judgements on who belongs in which category.

When you are "Born Again" you wake up from that delusion. You realize that you are part of the whole and not a separate entity like you had thought that you were. You begin to realize that we are all brothers and sisters living together on a planet, and in a universe from which we have all sprung from. We are all brothers and sisters as closely related to each other as if we all had the very same parents.

We all do have the same parent. In our case it's Mother Earth. Or even the universe if you prefer. There is no "Them versus Us", those dichotomies are born of ego consciousness, not from spiritual consciousness.

To be "Born Again in Spirit", or to become "Spiritual Enlightened" simply requires a shift in conscious perspective. Instead of viewing ourselves as an individual ego, we begin to see ourselves as the same as the whole (I and that Father are One).

There is no separation between us and the whole. We create that separation via our own conscious perspective. And we can abandon that perspective anytime we choose and realize that we are a part of the whole, we are not a separate entity.

And that is "Spiritual Enlightenment", or being "Born Again in Spirit".

If you need to be 'saved' from anything you need to 'saved' from the delusion that you are an individual entity.

But you don't need a God to save you. All you need is a change in perspective.

Having a spiritual mentor would certainly help.

I would personally recommend the following videos:

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
The Way of the Wizard
The Crystal Cave
Alchemy

These are all presented by Deepak Chopra.

They can also be found altogether on a single DVD pack entitled "Deepak Chopra: The Essentials DVD Collection".

You might even be able to get them from your local library or through inter-library loan.

He also has one called "The Happiness Prescription"

In fact, he has tons of DVDs out, and books too.

One of his Books is entitled "The Third Jesus".

The First Jesus being the historical Jesus, The Second Jesus being the Jesus created by the Church, and the Third Jesus being a teacher of Spiritual Enlightenment.

I think you would enjoy it. ;)

But that's what it's all about. It's not about being saved from a judgmental personified Godhead. It's about being Born Again in Spirit, or becoming Spiritually Enlightened.

That's what it's really all about.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

AdHoc
Guru

Post #7

Post by AdHoc »

McCulloch wrote:

That is all.

Yes thank you McCulloch, I am hoping for a Biblical proof and you make a good point about the sinners prayer it has sort of taken on an aprocraphal life of its own.

AdHoc
Guru

Post #8

Post by AdHoc »

ttruscott wrote:
1. You must be elect.

3. Believe the gospel:
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

Acts 16:30 ...and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,

By faith:
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

That should do it...

Peace, Ted
Hi Ted,
I'll tell you why I ask...
A couple weeks ago I met a man and he had a daughter about 4 or 5. Her hamster had just died and she was really upset and tearful.

Everytime she would start to cry her dad kept trying to comfort her and say "We'll get you a new hamster" and "Hammys in heaven".

I found that cute and sad. She obviously loved her pet and I thought he should just let her cry and grieve. Anyway, she kept asking "where's heaven?" and "how do I get there?"

To which her dad replied, "well, you get there by doing good things and listening to your parents"

She persisted "where's heaven? I want to see Hammy"

He knew I was a Christian and so he said for her to ask me. Now I felt a bit of pressure but I wanted to answer her questions honestly so I said "I believe all the answers are in this book" indicating my bible. "The bible doesn't really say what happens to animals when they die" I said "but I'll tell you what it does say"

She stopped crying and came and looked over my shoulder as I read ecclesiastes 3:21. And then I told her, "and here's how the bible says we go to heaven and I read John 3:16.

I'm not sure if that was the best answer but I felt so bad for her because she was grieving for her pet and she was so persistent about asking about heaven. My dog died recently and I had no idea how hard that would hit me until it happened. I mean its only an animal right? But she was such a good friend. My heart broke and I still feel the pain.

In that context what would you say to this little girl? You wouldn't say "you must be elect" would you?

AdHoc
Guru

Post #9

Post by AdHoc »

TheTruth101 wrote:
McCulloch wrote:

That is all.

Mathews 33:38 -40

'Love your neiguboor as yourself, this is the first and the greatest commandment. And second is like it. All prophets hang on to these two laws and the commandments'

There you go Adhoc.

Care for others like you would yourself. That would mean consideration and feeding.
I believe the first commandment is to love God. But if you can go to heaven by following the law why did Jesus have to come and die?

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by TheTruth101 »

AdHoc wrote:
ttruscott wrote:
1. You must be elect.

3. Believe the gospel:

By faith:

That should do it...

Peace, Ted
Hi Ted,
I'll tell you why I ask...
A couple weeks ago I met a man and he had a daughter about 4 or 5. Her hamster had just died and she was really upset and tearful.

Everytime she would start to cry her dad kept trying to comfort her and say "We'll get you a new hamster" and "Hammys in heaven".

I found that cute and sad. She obviously loved her pet and I thought he should just let her cry and grieve. Anyway, she kept asking "where's heaven?" and "how do I get there?"

To which her dad replied, "well, you get there by doing good things and listening to your parents"

She persisted "where's heaven? I want to see Hammy"

He knew I was a Christian and so he said for her to ask me. Now I felt a bit of pressure but I wanted to answer her questions honestly so I said "I believe all the answers are in this book" indicating my bible. "The bible doesn't really say what happens to animals when they die" I said "but I'll tell you what it does say"

She stopped crying and came and looked over my shoulder as I read ecclesiastes 3:21. And then I told her, "and here's how the bible says we go to heaven and I read John 3:16.

I'm not sure if that was the best answer but I felt so bad for her because she was grieving for her pet and she was so persistent about asking about heaven. My dog died recently and I had no idea how hard that would hit me until it happened. I mean its only an animal right? But she was such a good friend. My heart broke and I still feel the pain.

In that context what would you say to this little girl? You wouldn't say "you must be elect" would you?

Same thing what I posted. mathew 33:38-40

to a kid, you tell her she'll get there no matter what.

"The greatest in kingdom will be the childlike."

There you go.

Sinners prayer?

For God so loved the world, he gave his only Son, whoever belives in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

In meaning, belive in Christ, accept him as your savior, then do not sin again.

If you do, repeant the moment that you did. Daily repeantence.

If youve been baptized in the past, and still sinned enormously without daily repeatence, then by all means, what you need to do is

Fast and pray.

Fasting signifies that you have sinned so much that you do not deserve to live. (no food no life).

Its acknowledged by God that you are following throgh with actions. Do it for 3 days or so atleast.