Where is water baptism of Paul?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Where is water baptism of Paul?

Post #1

Post by Yahwehismywitness »

Jesus says follow him at least 20 times in the gospels.
Jesus was water baptized Matthew 3:14:17
Must do for Holy Spirit promise

Was name change a substitute?

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #21

The verses you listed say nothing about "after his ascension".

Likewise he did not say "speaking as Jesus" or "as Himself in a physical appearance".
Read Matthew 24:3 Signs of coming and the end of the world are after his ascension speaking of the future is it not?

Read Matthew 24:23 Then, if any man shall say unto you Lo here is Jesus or there, believe it not

If he is not there he is not going to speak., appears in flesh not some binding light

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16,21,26, John 16:7, John 15:26

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #22

[Replying to post 15 by Red Wolf]

Murderer does not change behavior overnight

Ananias the priest, who was a Sadducee described as "a violent, haughty, gluttonous, and rapacious man, and yet looked up to by the Jews"

Having or showing a strong or excessive desire to acquire money or possess things; greedy: "dishonest utilities and rapacious energy traders" by killing prey, especially in large numbers: rapacious coyotes

Acts 14 And here he has authority from high priests to bind all that call on thy name.

This would make perfect sense why he did not go to the 12.

Why might he turn on Saul/ Paul later:
Paul said he was a Jew brought up by Gamaliel, a pharisee. Acts 22:3
He jumped up and said he was a pharisee Acts 23:6 in front of Sadducee's
Major belief difference Acts 23:8
The Jews looked up to high priest

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #23

Acts 14 And here he has authority from high priests to bind all that call on thy name.
Why would they want to bind all that call on thy name? Sadducee's say there is no resurrection. Sadducees operated as priests and were members of the Sanhedrin.

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #24

Our savior says that inwardly this sheep-appearing person is actually a "ravening wolf." (Matt. 7:15.) Jesus deliberately spoke of the "ravening wolf" knowing that Genesis spoke about the "ravening wolf" coming from the tribe of Benjamin. (Gen. 49:27.) This was our Good Shepherd's effort to leave behind a prophetic message to identify the coming one we should not trust is a true sheep.

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee Philippians 3:5

Red Wolf
Apprentice

PAUL WAS A FRAUD..

Post #25

Post by Red Wolf »

Why did Paul doubt the gospel he preached?

Paul said that he received his gospel directly from Jesus.
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:11-12

But when Paul met the Apostles in Jerusalem he had doubts concerning his gospel.
1 Then after an interval of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along also. 2 It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain. Galatians 2:1-2

Don't you think it is strange that on the one hand, Paul claimed that he received his gospel directly from Jesus. But on the other hand he found it necessary to submit his gospel to the Apostles in private for fear that he had been preaching in vain?

IMO....PAUL WAS A FRAUD

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #26

IMO....PAUL WAS A FRAUD
IMO Paul was a fraud

We now have two witnesses

tam
Savant

Re: Where is water baptism of Paul?

Post #27

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Yahwehismywitness wrote: Jesus says follow him at least 20 times in the gospels.
Jesus was water baptized Matthew 3:14:17
Must do for Holy Spirit promise
As others have pointed out, Paul's baptism is written about in Acts 9:18.

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—[Jesus], who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the holy spirit.� 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

As for receiving holy spirit, a (physical) water baptism is not necessary to receive holy spirit. We have an example of this from Cornelius and everyone in his household, who received the baptism of holy spirit without having been baptized first (with physical water).

See Acts 10:44-47

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #28

Post by Checkpoint »

Yahwehismywitness wrote:
The verses you listed say nothing about "after his ascension".

Likewise he did not say "speaking as Jesus" or "as Himself in a physical appearance".
Read Matthew 24:3 Signs of coming and the end of the world are after his ascension speaking of the future is it not?

Read Matthew 24:23 Then, if any man shall say unto you Lo here is Jesus or there, believe it not

If he is not there he is not going to speak., appears in flesh not some binding light

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16,21,26, John 16:7, John 15:26
Yes, in Matthew 24 Jesus is giving answers to questions the disciples asked. So it is speaking of the future, which began from the day he spoke those things.

These are details; what is your basic point?

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #29

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—[Jesus], who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the holy spirit.� 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.
Acts 26:12 He went with authority and commission of chief priests

He went back to where he started to High Priest Ananias that he knew.
A. C. Hervey described him as "a violent, haughty, gluttonous, and rapacious man, and yet looked up to by the Jews".[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_son_of_Nedebeus

1. It was no revelation Saul/Paul knew him and worked for him persecuting believers he admitted that in Acts 26:2
2. Probably saw signs and wonders there like what Egyptians did during Moses time. Mark 13: 21-23, Deuteronomy 13:1-5
3. Fact he fixed blindness is just sign and wonder it does not mean much considering his actions and beliefs. Matthew 7:22-23
4. Sadducees did not believe in resurrection Acts. 23:8
5. Ananias is not Yahweh and cannot fill with Holy Spirit that is a lie he was evil

No matter how convincing the signs and wonders of a professed prophet or teacher may be, that person must be rejected if he teaches heresy.

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #30

These are details; what is your basic point?

The only way Jesus may communicate with Yahweh is through Holy Spirit after accession is what Apostle John says and there is no way Saul had that on Damascus wilderness road he was a murderer at that time