Where is water baptism of Paul?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Where is water baptism of Paul?

Post #1

Post by Yahwehismywitness »

Jesus says follow him at least 20 times in the gospels.
Jesus was water baptized Matthew 3:14:17
Must do for Holy Spirit promise

Was name change a substitute?

Red Wolf
Apprentice

Post #41

Post by Red Wolf »

Paul Lied and Sinned Against the Holy Spirit.
In Acts Chapter 15 the Leaders of the New Christian Church met to make some rules.
The following Scripture is their ruling.

Acts 15:28-29New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: 29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.�

Notice that the Holy Spirit complied with this ruling.
Also notice that one of the rulings by the Leaders and the Holy Spirit was to abstain from things sacrificed to idols.

BTW Paul was present at this meeting and surely was aware of this ruling.
But look what Paul preached.

1 Timothy 4:4-5New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

1 Corinthians 8:4-10New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
7 However not all men have this knowledge; but some, being accustomed to the idol until now, eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. 8 But food will not commend us to God; we are neither the worse if we do not eat, nor the better if we do eat. 9 But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol’s temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols?

After reading this passage by Paul in first Corinthians isn't it obvious that Paul is advocating eating food sacrificed to idols in contradiction of the command by the Holy Spirit and the Leaders of the Church?

Isn't this an intentional sin against the Holy Spirit?

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #42

Isn't this an intentional sin against the Holy Spirit?
If he had Yahweh's Holy Spirit would know which is further proof his revelations fail

Deuteronomy 13 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil[a] from your midst.

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #43

Deliberate Fabrication in Acts 15:24 From 10th Century
I explained that when the pagan emperor Constantine wanted Greek New Testament UBS 4th Face page in 325 AD Christians to worship Sol Invictus in the guise of "Jesus", and stop resting on Sabbath, and move this to Sun-day -- the worship day of the god Sol Invictus which he decreed in 321 AD -- Paul's status was elevated. For Paul alone aided the notion the sabbath was abolished, and that the Law did not have to be followed any more. See Council of Nicea of 325 AD, and The Sabbath Command.

[So after 380 there was some effort to use similar words as now present as merely comments on this passage after 380. However, no New Testament prior to the 10th Century had an insert into the actual verses any of these words "you must be circumcised and obey the Law." We can prove this also by checking all major strains of the NT up through the 10th century.

First, the oldest Greek NT recovered is the Sinaiticus from 340 AD. It lacks those words. Here is a photograph of what it looks like at this Sinaiticus webpage if you open up 15:24:

https://jesuswordsonly.com/recommendedr ... ntury.html

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #44

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 43 by Yahwehismywitness]

I agree those words were added later. As were many more in the NT. I agree with you the law should still be kept, including the Sabbath. I have been doing this for several years as best I can.

I am not completely convinced to throw Paul out just yet. But, if Paul is confusing, Yeshua has the authority in all things. Your group is correct that we should follow Yeshua as he instructed which was the law Of God without the man made traditions that negated it.

Red Wolf
Apprentice

Post #45

Post by Red Wolf »

The Conversion of Paul
Acts 9:1-4 (New American Standard Bible)
1Now Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest,
2and asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him;
4and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"

What I find interesting is that Paul is “breathing threats and murder�, and he heads out to Damascus, unrepentant of his evil murders, and supposedly Jesus speaks to him.
Why would Jesus choose an unrepentant murderer to preach his gospel? Were there no righteous men available? Why would Jesus choose an unrepentant murderer to completely overhaul God’s message by abolishing the Law, abolishing the Sabbath, abolishing circumcision, and abolishing God’s Holy Festivals?
Do you just naïvely accept Paul’s testimony at face value without examining it to see if it is legitimate?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #46

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 45 by Red Wolf]

I don't naively believe anyone. Paul must be tested. Interestingly the next 2 verses are added to in part. 5-6 should read"And he said "Who are you , Lord? Then the Lord said" Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

And 17 omits the Lord Jesus.

I am interested into looking more into the Sinaticus.

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #47

[Replying to post 46 by brianbbs67]

I do not believe it was Jesus for the following reasons:

1. As Red Wolf said he was a murderer John 8:44
2. Jesus was tempted in Wilderness by Satan Matthew 4:1
3. Damascus road Wilderness Road 1 Kings 19:15
4. Jesus appeared in Flesh, many witnesses Acts 1:3
5. Said he would send comforter/helper John 14:16
5. Said DO NOT Believe Matthew 24:23
6. May communicate through Holy Spirit (after water baptism) - John 16:13
7, Satan fell as lightening from heaven Luke 10:18, Isaiah 14:12
8. High Priest authority involved he was evil Acts 9:14
9. Ananias cannot fill with Holy Spirit only Yahweh can do that Acts 9:17
10. Signs and Wonders done by Egyptians
11. Saul would not recognize imitator as such

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #48

No Water baptism of repentance

Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death. Lev. 24:17

You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. ..Matthew 5:21-26

We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous. 1 John 3:12

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death Revelation 21:8

You shall not murder Deuteronomy 5:17

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #49

Post by 2timothy316 »

Red Wolf wrote: [Replying to post 2 by 2timothy316]

I think it is interesting that Paul was baptized AFTER he supposedly saw Jesus on the road to Damascus.
That's because before he was an enemy to Christ because he was hunting down Christians. Thus why would Paul do something that he didn't think it was something people should be doing?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #50

Post by 2timothy316 »

Yahwehismywitness wrote:
Acts 9:10-21 is the account were Paul (then Saul) was baptized. The scriptures read it was in Damascus where Paul was baptized.
You are adding more than it says under no condition does it say he was baptized with water. You do not get promise of Holy Spirit without water baptism
As you have already posted in post 8 it was known that, "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit he cannot enter into the Kingdom of Yahweh."

Water in baptism was already an established requirement. You say that I'm adding more, however it seems you're taking information away, although you have already given the quoted scriptural definition of baptism. They would have known what it means to get baptized. To say that Paul was not baptized in water means they didn't know the definition of baptism that Jesus had already established.
If Saul/Paul had anointing why did Yahweh find it necessary to send two witnesses (Law) to speak to him. Acts 21, 4, 10. Why did spirit not talk directly?
As if people had never taught other people before at the request of God? I am not following what the purpose of this question is supposed to be for.