Does the Bible support any particular age of Earth?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Does the Bible support any particular age of Earth?

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

Scrotum wrote: The world is not flat, the world was not "made in 7 days", the world is not 6000 years old etcetera, all this is fiction, WE KNOW THIS.
Easyrider wrote:Where does it say the world is 6,000 years old?
Question for debate: Is there a Biblical Basis for a Young Earth (between 6,000 - 10,000 years old) ?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Does the Bible support any particular age of Earth?

Post #41

Post by McCulloch »

ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:I apologise. I don't seem to be getting the e-mails that alert me when someone posts in the topics I'm debating in.
You might want to check your spam filter.
ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:As stated before I believe the six days are not literal. My reading comes from scripture not science. Although I believe scripture and science are friends not enemies.
Many on both sides would disagree.
ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:God rests from creation on the seventh day and God will continue resting till the New Heaven is created. Therefore since that day is not literal it is likely the others are not.
Resting includes:
  1. taking care of every sparrow and lily
  2. listening to prayers of the faithful
  3. destroying all except eight humans and a boatload of other species
  4. causing the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous
  5. dying for humanity and defeating sin and death
Yup, God has certainly been resting since day 8.
ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:The creation is an exalted prose narrative. It uses poetic patterns and devices that Hebrew metaphorical writings are famous for. It also uses a fill and fulfill pattern that links days one and four, days two and five and days three and six together. The narrative should not be taken literally, as much as most of the Psalm or Revelation writings shouldn't.
Nor should the rest of Genesis, Exodus, Joshua, Job, Jonah or the Gospels be taken literally.
ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:Moses who spoke according to what God had instructed used the creation story to use the week days to represent Creation so that a Sabbath could be used to honour the LORD our God.
Good hypothesis. Got anything other than a naked assertion for that?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by Cathar1950 »

I must be way off as Moses didn't right the creation stories. I see no reason why scripture should interpret scripture and Peter didn't write 2 Peter.

Most of what you have is erroneous beliefs as it relates to scripture and any credible scholar would agree with me. :lol:

seventil
Scholar

Post #43

Post by seventil »

McCulloch wrote:
seventil wrote:I'm Christian, and I'll claim right now that the genealogies have little to no significance in the date of the Earth. They are important for other reasons. What they can tell us is roughly the amount of time that has passed since Adam and Jesus. Yay.
And Adam started to live on the sixth day of creation.
seventil wrote:For dating the earth via the Bible, we have to look to the Genesis Creation account. However, there are a few fundamental problems with it to use it as a reliable source. I'll explain:

1) In a literal day view, the time that passed between Creation and the writing of Genesis is 2000+ years, in which the story had to have been passed down orally. This presents a serious problem, as oral storytelling is notorious for distorting, embellishing or otherwise mangling the facts.
Right. God has no part in inspiring the Bible.
I don't know if the comment is serious or sarcastic. ;P
McCulloch wrote:
seventil wrote:2) Eyewitness account: as there was no one, but God, He must have told the story to Adam. While this isn't written, it can be assumed. Adam sinned, and was cast out, and though he was the "First Man", he was still imperfect (or human) in the same way we are.
Couldn't God have told Moses? God even wrote some stuff down for Moses.
From a spiritual point of view, this is a good possibility. However, I'm trying to stay in pure literary terms. Since it isn't specifically mentioned, I was siding on the side of skepticism. I thought the skeptics would appreciate that, no?
McCulloch wrote:
seventil wrote:3) Non-specifics: we have no idea how long Creation took, how long Adam lived in the Garden before he fell, or any other specific time reference. This assumes that the night/day referred to in Genesis was either metaphorical or allegory, or took form in ways like the Day/Gap theory, etc.
It really does not matter how long Adam lived in the Garden before he fell. In Genesis 5, the wording of the genealogy is, "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created. When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. " It makes no reference to the Fall. From the beginning of Adam's life to the birth of Seth, was 130 years.
It's vitally important how long Adam lived in the Garden before the fall. First off, without getting into some problems with the translation of the phrase "When Adam had lived 130 years" -- we must approach the problem logically. What does the word "life" mean if there is no death? Is an undying, immortal being (which Adam most definitely was) considered "alive"? The short answer is maybe, but it sure isn't clear.

Anyway, this argument is only important (from my arguments side) in the case of a literal 6 day Creation with God, Adam and Eve strolling around in the Garden for 4 Billion years.

A side note, I don't concur with the idea of this argument. However, as it is a logical solution to the problem that is the Creation account, I had to include it.
Please present your reasons for believing that the days in Genesis 1 were not days, that the evenings in Genesis 1 were not evenings and that the mornings in Genesis 1 were not mornings.
Good question, straight to the point. I'll try to the same (and probably fail) in my answers.

1) An allegory or metaphor: the Bible is full of them. A symbolic Creation isn't that far fetched.

Edit: Linky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegorica ... of_Genesis

2) Chinese tale theory: even if it's only 5 people from Adam to Moses, the time factor of 2000+ years plays a factor. How much was the story legendized or otherwise modified from start to finish?

3) Prose and writing style: the writing style Moses (or whoever wrote Genesis) used was of popular ancient Hebrew style, using poetry and cause/fulfillment (as pikachu mentions in the post below). This itself is a complex topic that we can go into if you'd like. Let me know if you want a more complex answer on this subject I'm sure we can provide it.

4) Lost in translation: coinciding with my thoughts of mythology above, the languages and customs at the time were alien to us. It can be speculated that language and custom was very "free flowing" with terms found in the early Bible and other ancient texts.

5) Lack of a developed language and writing system. While by no means do I think ancient people were stupid (in fact probably much stronger and smarter than us) -- they did not have the resources or the time to have a fully developed language or writing system. That being said, it's not that far fetched of an idea of:

God: "In the beginning, I was in what I like to call "Eternity". Here, space, time and matter don't exist. When I created your world, I created a dimensioned universe. There was a single flash of light, and at this very instant your universe was born from nothing. From this single point of nothing, I created everything. Oh, and those stars that you see at night, the closest one is about 4 trillion miles away, through a vacuum of space that would freeze and sufficate you instantly if you were in it. The only thing protecting you from it is the nifty atmosphere I created around the small planet you live on, which, by the way, is basically a big ball hurling through space and rotates at over 1000 miles an hour. Oh, and if it ever stops, you'll all die instantly. If that doesn't scare you, wait until I explain quantum mechanics to you."
Adam: "So, in the beginning, you created the Heavens and the Earth?"
God: "I suppose that will work."

There I went, rambling again. ;)

And almost lastly, but not least: Framework Interpretation. This to me is an excellent account of the Creation:

Framework Interpretation

Days of Proclamation:
According to this interpretation, the seven days are in fact "days" in which God "proclaimed" his creative plans in eternity past, prior to fulfilling these plans in history. Alternatively, it might be held that the seven days correspond to seven literal days during which the author of the creation account "proclaimed" God's creative acts to Israel.
Last edited by seventil on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath
already committed breakfast with it in his heart" -- C.S. Lewis

seventil
Scholar

Post #44

Post by seventil »

ilovepikachuandjesus wrote:I apologise. I don't seem to be getting the e-mails that alert me when someone posts in the topics I'm debating in.
seventil wrote:1) In a literal day view, the time that passed between Creation and the writing of Genesis is 2000+ years, in which the story had to have been passed down orally. This presents a serious problem, as oral storytelling is notorious for distorting, embellishing or otherwise mangling the facts.
seventil wrote:2) Eyewitness account: as there was no one, but God, He must have told the story to Adam. While this isn't written, it can be assumed. Adam sinned, and was cast out, and though he was the "First Man", he was still imperfect (or human) in the same way we are.
I'll accept that Chinese whispers is a part of human life. However, this falls short of two facts. Firstly the long age of those who lived in Genesis means that by the time Moses was born, there would have only been about five people before him that told the account. Secondly all scripture is God inspired so even if man can be wrong God cannot.
Regarding your first comment: this is technically true (give or take), but the factor of time between Adam and Moses is the most important part. Sure, we had Grandpa Adam and everyone around to confirm/validate the stories (if indeed they did) - however, after a time period of 2000 years (the time between Jesus and us) a story not written down has to be allowed a certain margin of error.

Secondly, the fact that Scripture is "God inspired" is an elusive term. I'm not saying it isn't, don't get me wrong: but really, what do you expect? Do you think it would have been good for an Apostle or even Jesus to explain the entire contextual and literary history of Biblical texts? No, it wouldn't have, because people don't want to hear about that stuff. And quite honestly, it's not direly important, as the good majority of people that use the argument of Biblical errancy to reject faith are just looking for a reason not to like it. Even if the Bible was 100% pure and perfect, there are plenty of other reasons for people to hate it. The Creation account and Bible errors are just the "flavor of the month" for Christianity-haters to justify their position.

seventil wrote:3) Non-specifics: we have no idea how long Creation took, how long Adam lived in the Garden before he fell, or any other specific time reference. This assumes that the night/day referred to in Genesis was either metaphorical or allegory, or took form in ways like the Day/Gap theory, etc.
ilovepikachuandjesus wrote: Assuming that he was living at this point, the genelogy would have covered this period. Although I agree that does not allow us to know the period before the sixth day was created unless you take a literal reading.

As stated before I believe the six days are not literal. My reading comes from scripture not science. Although I believe scripture and science are friends not enemies.
I believe science and scripture are friends as well, and often find myself in a minority. ;)
ilovepikachuandjesus wrote: God rests from creation on the seventh day and God will continue resting till the New Heaven is created. Therefore since that day is not literal it is likely the others are not.
The creation is an exalted prose narrative. It uses poetic patterns and devices that Hebrew metaphorical writtings are famous for. It also uses a fill and fulfil pattern that links days one and four, days two and five and days three and six together. The narrative should not be taken literally, as much as most of the Psalm or Revelation writings shouldn't.

Moses who spoke according to what God had instructed used the creation story to use the week days to represent Creation so that a Sabbath could be used to honour the LORD our God.
Indeed. The problem, I think, isn't so much with the Bible, but the differences of our modern culture with the ancient ones. It really takes a deep understanding of how the world was, at the time, and how things were written.

seventil
Scholar

Post #45

Post by seventil »

McCulloch wrote:Nor should the rest of Genesis, Exodus, Joshua, Job, Jonah or the Gospels be taken literally.
That's a bold assertion stating that Torah writing style is to be thrown in the same barrel as 1st century Greek and Jewish writing?

Please tell me that was just a one off thoughtless comment, McCulloch, I did expect a bit more from you. ;)

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #46

Post by micatala »

Fisherking wrote:
Confused wrote:
Fisherking wrote:
twobitsmedia wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
twobitsmedia wrote:Most theologians are still debating what a "day" means in creation.
Let's have a bit of that debate here. How many different ways can you read, "and there was evening and there was morning the nth day"? Unless you have a prior theological reason to believe that the first six days were not days, you will read that as days. That's how I see it. I would be interested in seeing evidence to the contrary.
It makes more sense to me as a literal day. However, throw it in with 2 Peter 3:8 which says "one day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day." Combine them, and you can create new theories.
I agree that scripture teaches a literal 6 day creation. The only reason I see that one would attempt to make old earth theology in Genesis would be to harmonize current scientific theory with scripture.
A literal 6 day creation as in 6, 24 hour days, or 6 as in 6 1,000 year days?
Six days, as in evening and the morning is one day (24hrs).
McCulloch wrote:Fisherking and twobitsmedia both seem to be implying that it is a valid hermeneutic principle to adjust your understanding of the holy scriptures according to the current theories of modern science. Is this so?

I hope It didn't seem I was implying that. I do not think we should ever try to stuff the scientific flavor of the day into the bible. Scripture should be interpreted in light of other scripture, not in light of science.

I would humbly submit that if we did this, we would all still believe in an Earth centered universe. THere is NOTHING in the Bible that would give anyone any other impression than that the earth is motionless. The ONLY way this view has gone by the wayside is the extra-biblical evidence provided by science.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

ken1burton
Apprentice

The Vision of the Evening and Morning.

Post #47

Post by ken1burton »

Daniel 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.

The Evening and Morning were the First day, and it was also the Second Day, and this same evening and Morning was the third day, and it was for the whole week.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

“In the Evening and Morning that the Lord God made the earth and the Heavens.” One physical day.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

When Isaiah penned this verse, Things from “Ancient times” had not yet been done. The Creation story (Actually stories) Had not happened, Along with a lot of the other stories in Genesis. They were similitudes. And because they were to be done later, they are also prophecies.

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Because He declareth the end from the Beginning, And it is a prophecy, It had to be fulfilled the day of the Cross and when Jesus said “It is Finished” we have the BEGINNING of a new World with God.

God takes the day of the Cross and makes it as 7 days, Only the day of the Cross when God heals will fit this verse:

Isaiah 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

“With His Stripes we are healed” shows the day of the Cross as this day made as 7 days.

God takes the 7 days and shows it as 3 pictures of the same day, Three ways of looking at the same thing. First as 4 6-hour periods, as all the first four days of Genesis, as all the first 4's in the Book of Revelation. As 4 beasts with 6-wings.

Second as 2 12-hour periods as 2 witnesses. As God doubles twice to establish (Genesis 41:32) the second picture as a day gets made as a week also, So they see the dead bodies of the two witnesses three days and a half or half a week each, When fulfilled, Life enters into them.

Third as 1 24-hour period as 24 Elders.

First day, Sunset to Midnight, “Let there be Light.”: I am the True Vine, I am the Good Shepherd, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, In My Father’s House are many Mansions, I go to prepare a place for you, If you have seen Me, You have seen the Father. How it that for LIGHT?

First seal is the White Horse, Jesus says what He will do, Now He has to go and do it, So the rider goes forth conquering and to Conquer. Sin seen as clouds in Isaiah 44:22 white horse coming in clouds is Jesus taking sin during this time period.

First angel sound, Fire (God’s word like as a fire in Jeremiah 23:29 as Jesus pours out God’s word) Hail (As Judas says “Hail Master” and kisses Jesus.) Mingled with Blood (As peter cuts off the ear.)

Second day in Genesis, Midnight to Sunrise. Jesus as the Firmament, People as waters, 144 with Judas seen as a wall in Revelation 21:17, added the Cubit the measure of a man to angel status, They are the Angels given charge over Jesus, also a prophecy which had to be fulfilled this day. As a wall they had to fall as Ezekiel said every wall would fall to the Ground. When Jesus said “I am He” they went backwards and fell to the ground.

Multiplied by 1,000 in Deuteronomy 1:11= 144,000. They are Virgins, seen by Jeremiah as men travailing with Child. The Body of Christ born the day of the Cross seen in Psalms 2:6/7. Or the Virgin Birth fulfilled the day of the cross. Mary and Bethlehem was a similitude for all prophecy had to be fulfilled the day of the Cross.

144 with Judas as waters above the Firmament or above Jesus, Sinners as waters under the Firmament, Disciples as part of the firmament flee as Islands.

The First 6-hours is old Heaven, Second 6-hours is old Earth, Heaven and Earth flee from His Face seen as the Face of a Man seen on the Third beast with 6-wings which is Sunrise to noon, Sunrise to noon is New earth, Noon to Sunset is New Heaven.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Everything can be fulfilled the day of the Cross as Heaven and earth has passed this day, all put together, all established as truth by doubling it twice or seeing it as three pictures.

Genesis 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

Third day in Genesis, is the Waters gathered together, or all people gathered in Christ “With His stripes we are healed.”

Third seal is the Black Horse with Balances or the time Jesus is Judged. Third angel sounds, the star Wormwood falls to the earth, Stars are for signs, All the curses fall upon Jesus when He takes sins, even as the Earth destroyed by Fire or by God’s word, It is a sign of the Judgment falling on Jesus from sunrise to noon.

Amos 5:7 Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,

When the Picture of Heaven and earth fleeing from His face is seen in the correct order or picture, then as this day made as 7 days is being shortened the white or first horse moves forward and it becomes the Great White Throne of Judgment.

Fourth seal is the Pale Horse, Death followed by hell from Noon to Sunset as Jesus died and descended into hell.

Fourth day in Genesis God creates two great lights, Sun seen as the Throne in Psalms 89:36. The Sun of Throne is darkened as Jesus died and they think that is the end, Moon seen as the Establishment of the Throne in Psalms 89:37 turned to blood as the Blood of Christ establishes the throne.

Fourth angel sounds a third of the Sun and a third of the Moon is smitten or one of the three pictures is fulfilled.

John 1:1 belongs to the day of the Cross when Jesus who is the Son of David raised to be the Son of God as God swore in His Holiness He would be is AS GOD, Because Jesus has to be dead part of the day, He is also seen as the Angel of the Lord.

Zechariah 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Jeremiah 30:6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

Body of Christ born from Noon to Sunset with us in that Body, The time of the pale Horse as Jesus died. The day of the cross is named “FOR EVER”, For ever and ever is the day of the Cross and everlasting future. Everlasting past was before the day of the Cross, The Old World had no beginning, the New World has no end, the End of the Old World and the Beginning of the New World was the day of the Cross.

Time of Jacob is noon to sunset, Jesus wrestles with a man or with self preservation, He has to allow Himself to die, He does, then Esau comes, Esau is Also called Edom, Edom seen as a desolate wilderness, or the time Jesus had to be dead, God hated Esau or the time Jesus had to be dead, Over Edom He cast out His shoe, or Jesus took away sin, we are on Holy Ground, No shoes.

Midnight to sunrise was time of Abraham, God pours out His Spirit (Jesus) upon all flesh, So we all together become as a unclean thing, or all dead in Christ or in Abraham’s bosom. This is the Horror of great darkness, This is the Second day, Spiritually dead because of sin, as in hell, Second physical day is a FUTURE similitude for what is fulfilled from Midnight to sunrise.

Then during the third day or Sunrise to noon, “With His stripes we are healed” or now Spiritually alive or as resurrected from the Dead, Third physical day will be a future similitude for what was already fulfilled with the day made as 7 days to fulfill God’s Word.

So the Earth is not 6,000 years old, it can be as old as it needs, No contradiction, the Beginning belongs to the day of the Cross.

God uses Similitudes:

Hosea 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

God wanted us to get the age from the story, Time is the Creation story to the Baptism of Christ, about 3975 B.C. to 25 A.D. or 4,000 years, At the Fulness of time, God sent forth His Son.

Times is the day of the Cross seen as 2,000 years in Psalms 90:4 and Ecclesiastes 6:6 (That also has an explanation, for a later time)

The Dividing of time (In Daniel) or Half a Time in Revelation is the Cross in 29 A.D. to 2029 A.D. when the Alarm Clock goes off and Israel sees Jesus is the Christ. Not physically, But by looking on whom they have pierced by putting the Scriptures together.

Ken

Openmind
Sage

Post #48

Post by Openmind »

This thread is rapidly becoming...silly. If I may summarise:

1. The Bible, if interpreted literally, is approx. 6000 years old (believed by Fisherking)
2. The Bible, if interpreted poetically, could be millions of years old (MagnusYanam)

Now both of these positions are untenable:

1. Contradicts scientific understanding (though I'm sure Fisherking would deem me incorrect). Therefore the Bible is wrong.

2. Why not just interpret the whole thing poetically? If so, why not take one more step and accept it is all myth and human fiction. No liberalist will do so, however, only the parts that contradict science. (That's my problem with liberalism, though I respect its value to society much more than fundamentalism)

ken1burton
Apprentice

Dilly was silly. Using Retarded puppets ended the shows

Post #49

Post by ken1burton »

Openmind.

The Silly is still here. A literal Bible is out of the question, Stars falling to earth? When the first one hits, we will not be here to greet the other ones. As far as poetic? Some is, But God did not give even the poems without reason. Song of Solomon seems very poetic. But hidden in that song is truths yet uncovered by the Churches.

Like in 4:1 The Hairs as a Flock of Goats, and 4:2 has the Teeth as a flock of Sheep. Pluck the Hairs from His face and you have separated the Sheep from the Goats. The Face on the third beast with 6-wings is Sunrise to noon, When the Judgement takes place. Old Heaven and Earth just fled from His Face seen on the Third beast with 6-wings. They were the first 2 6-hours periods.

The Old World had no beginning, the New World has one the day of the Cross, So God declares the end from the Beginning, and from ancient times, Things that are not yet done. Which is the Creation story (ies) Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah’s Ark. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Etc. All for the day of the Cross.

Putting the Bible together correctly has everything fit into place. And the only way it does fit is Correctly. Many people think you can make the Bible say anything you want, Not when it is seen as God’s Truth, all together, all interlocking.

I have a limited open mind. I have solid searched out convictions. Which I have found to be Truth. And I know why it is Truth. I have searched out being an Atheist and know it is not possible for life as we know it to have evolved.

The Silly part of Evolution is not all the odds against life forming, But the odds the second thing to evolve will not kill it very quickly, and what would evolve second is Death. No matter how many times life forms evolved, Death is right on it’s tail (If it evolved with one?)

We can not give any life form as we know it 10,000 years of life to get the other systems it needs to survive, Maybe a few hours at best.

God might have evolved, What ever makes up a Spirit might not need to eat, get rid of waste, Reproduce, etc, then created life as we see it. That is a possibility. More of an energy type being. A very nice one that is.

The Bible supports that the age is not 6,000 years old. But what is seen as the New World as being about 2,000 years old, since what is seen as 29 A.D. as far as the old World, That is not limited by Scripture.

Because what is called the Beginning had to be moved to when Jesus declared the end at Golgotha. Which ended the Old World.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Mules are considered kind of dumb. A Mule is the offspring of a Male Jackass or Jack. And a female horse or Mare. There is no other way of getting a Mule. They are sterile. As are most animals which cross breed. Now why would such a thing be if Evolution was true?

They cross bred by themselves, Then mankind learned how it was done.

Genesis 36:24 And these are the children of Zibeon; both Ajah, and Anah: this was that Anah that found the mules in the wilderness, as he fed the asses of Zibeon his father.

Poetic? Literal? Or a hidden truth? The Wilderness is the Day of the Cross, it is as a house built. That is the name of that house. It is where Jesus was carried to be tempted, then given 42 Months to continue. Revelation is looking at the day of the Cross as 7 time periods seen as 3 pictures.

The day as three pictures, 1=Wisdom, 2=understanding, 3=Knowledge.

When the first 2 pictures are complete they are put together, Wisdom and Understanding together is “Counsel”

The day as 3 pictures, 1=Horses, 2=Asses, 3=Camels. Sp put the Horses with the asses and look for Mules in the Desert. Which is the Second picture, seeing Jesus in hell, or a pit where in is no water.

The day as 3 pictures 1=day as 4 6-hour periods, 2=day as 2 12-hour periods, 3=day as 24-hours. As 4 beasts with 6-wings, as 2 witnesses, as 24 Elders. The day seen as 7 days in Isaiah 30:26. Only the day of the Cross fits the prophecy as it is the day God heals.

The day seen as 7 trees to give hints where the prophecies fir the day of the Cross. After the first four for the first picture, the trees are planted in the DESERT.

Isaiah 41:19 I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:

Jesus comes as the rain, so the third picture there are streams in the Desert.

The Jewish Holy Scripture ended with Malachi about 400 B.C. The Jewish Nation is a witness they are intact and not changed to fit Jesus, it is those Scriptures written over 1500 years by over 40 different people all foretelling of the Coming events inspiried by God for them to write which shows there is a God by His ability to foretell all these events through so many different people.

And That He was able to bring them to pass, They are all for one day, the day of the Cross from Sunset when the last Supper began, till sunset when Jesus was just placed in the Sepulchre. Even being in hell the second day, and the Resurrection on the third were fulfilled the day of the Cross and made truth, they were just future similitudes for what had already been fulfilled.

Every prophecy is for the day of the Cross, Every parable is for the day of the Cross, Every vision is for the day of the Cross, And it took a God to set it up, and it shows Jesus is who God sent.

Sunset to Midnight, “Let there be Light.” I am the True Vine, I am the Good Shepherd, I am the Way, the Truth and th eLife, In My Father’s house are many mansions, I go to prepare a place for you, Etc, Etc as Jesus poured out the Light.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

“IN THE DAY”

Silly is in the eye of the Beholder. Dilly Dally, Knucklehead Smith, Mortimor Sneed, seemed to be funny, But the Puttet shows are not shown any more because people do not think it is nice to laugh at a retarded puppet.

The day will come when Evolution will be seen as Silly, Even in the Schools. Athiests are an endangered Species, They will be rare after 2029 A.D.
As Israel shows mankind Jesus is the Christ in Truth.

Ken

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #50

Post by Fallibleone »

I'd like to disagree with that. I'd like to offer the opinion that belief in God in the UK (which is where I live) has fallen rapidly. The Office for National Statistics reported in 2001 that next to Christianity, which covered 72% of the population, those with no religion was the second largest group - 15% of the population. I have read other statistics which show that many people probably check the Church of England box on forms but do not attend church or hold any kind of firm beliefs about God. However, the source is biased. It is my personal opinion that there are more atheists today than there were in the past, in the UK anyway, and I see this trend continuing in the future.