Does the Bible support any particular age of Earth?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Does the Bible support any particular age of Earth?

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

Scrotum wrote: The world is not flat, the world was not "made in 7 days", the world is not 6000 years old etcetera, all this is fiction, WE KNOW THIS.
Easyrider wrote:Where does it say the world is 6,000 years old?
Question for debate: Is there a Biblical Basis for a Young Earth (between 6,000 - 10,000 years old) ?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

ken1burton
Apprentice

Plan "A" is still in effect and moving

Post #51

Post by ken1burton »

Fallibleone.

All part of Plan “A”, The Churches as we see them are terminal. They are about to fade away.

God has a Timetable for the Nation of Israel to awaken and to see Jesus is the Messiah, Then to show most of mankind that Jesus is who God sent. 2029 A.D. is when they will see it.

I do need to go by dates which have been calculated by man, How close the day of the Cross was to 29 A.D. might be questionable. Jesus at Bethlehem seen as 4 B.C. with our calendars being 4 years off.

I use a Chronological Bible for the dates.

Time is the Creation story in 3975 B.C. to the Baptism of Jesus in 25 A.D. or 4,000 years.

Times is the day of the Cross seen as 2,000 years in Psalms 90:4 and Ecclesiastes 6:6.

25 A.D. till 29 A.D. seen as Christ’s age or time of Jesus, and seen as nothing in Scripture. (Psalms 39:5)

The Dividing or half a time is from the Cross in 29 A.D. till 2029 A.D. when Israel through Scripture sees Jesus is the Christ. NOTE: I am not talking of a Second Coming as it is called for Jesus physically. John 14:19 shows there will be no Second Coming as it is called.

The Little Horn in Daniel is Peter. Things are given into his hands (Church age) till time, times and the Dividing of time, or Church age ends in 2029 A.D.

Israel is the Woman in Revelation chapter 12. She has been kept from seeing the Face of the Serpent (Guess who Israel has not been able to see?) For time, times and a half a time. Then Israel awakens out of the deep sleep of Isaiah 29:10/12.

God uses that which is despised to hide things, to keep people from seeing what He has hidden.

1-Corinthians 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea , and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

The date also shows up in other places, God doubles twice to establish His words as truth like Pharaoh’s dream in Genesis 41:32

Joshua 3:3 And they commanded the people, saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it.
4 Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore.

God speaks in Similitudes (Hosea 12:10) They saw the Ark and the Levites bearing Him up on a Cross at Golgotha in 29 A.D. Stay back 2,000 cubits or years, then follow.

Seen in Ezekiel’s temple vision, at the 4,000 cubit measurement of the river, 2,000 used up for the day of the Cross, then 2,000 till 2029 A.D.

Waters flow into the Sea, and the Sea is healed (Israel sees Jesus is the Messiah) then most of mankind will believe in Jesus through Israel telling them how it all goes together in Truth. Christianity never got it even close to right.

Ezkiel 47:8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

Fishers of men, You do not have big enough nets, For the Converts will be in the Billions. A few holdouts so we do not put our Bibles away.

Christianity took a left turn. When Jesus said to search the Scriptures, for they were what testified of Him, He was talking the Jewish Holy Scriptures, the Jots and Tittles which had to be fulfilled to the smallest point.

The days also had to be shortened, What happens when you shorten 70 weeks to one day and see Jesus did as God showed Daniel, Every jot and tittle of what God showed Daniel?

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

If Christianity has preached that Jesus made an end of sin as accountable unto mankind, and brought in everlasting righteousness at Golgotha, then believe Christianity, If they are not going by the Scriptures which testify of Him, What are they really going by?

2029 A.D. will be proceeded by 7 years of burning the Weapons, or all the Arguments against Jesus being the Christ will be burned up with God’s word like as a fire (Jeremiah 23:29) Then seven months of burying the bones, or putting all the Prophecies in the right order, showing God exists as His ability of foretelling over 1500 years the events of one physical day, far in the future when the prophecies were given.

I call it the day of the Cross, From Sunset when the Last Supper began, Till sunset when Jesus was just placed in the Sepulchure. Every prophecy fits in that time period. The day made as 7 days in Isaiah 30:26. Only the day of the Cross fits when God heals.

The day made as 3 pictures also seen as days, First picture as 4 6-hour periods as 4 beasts with 6-wings, Second picture as 2 12-hour periods as 2 witnesses, Third picture as 1 24-hour period as 24 Elders, the Book of Revelation looks at the day of the cross as those 7 days or time periods, The Creation story is a Similitude, also for the day of the Cross. All the Sevens in Revelation is the same thing, Looking at the day of the Cross.

In addition, Every Parable, Every vision, Every dream from Genesis to Revelation will fit in that day. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is for that day, the Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah. It is the BEGINNING of the New World, It is the end of the Old World, The old World did not have a Beginning, so the earth being 6,000 years old is not even an issue.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Let there be Light, Sunset to Midnight, I am the True Vine, I am the Good Shepherd, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, In My Father’s House are many Mansions, Etc, Etc as Jesus pours out the Light.

Fourth seal is the Pale Horse, Death followed by hell which is Noon to Sunset as Jesus died, it is also the Fourth or Good Ground of the Sower, the day as 3 pictures, 30 fold, 60 fold, 100 fold, as Leaven hidden in 3 measures of meal, All as unclean till fulfilled, as 3 unclean spirits like Frogs, As 7 unclean spirits.

The day made as 7 time periods as days and as 3 pictures as days, so you will have tribulation 10 days, Like the 10 Lepers, “Where are the NINE?”

Sunset to Midnight is Old Heaven, Midnight to sunrise is old Earth, Heaven and earth flee from His Face, seen as the Face of a Man on the third beast with 6-wings which is New Earth from sunrise to noon. New Heaven is noon to Sunset.

Midnight to Sunrise Spiritually dead as He took sins at Midnight Second day when made as 7, Second physical day Jesus dead in hell is a Future similitude for what had already been fulfilled the day of the Cross. Third day is sunrise to noon, “With His stripes we are healed, or now spiritually resurrected from the dead, Third physical day is a future similitude for what was fulfilled the day of the cross.

There are thousands of prophecies, all having to fit, every jot and tittle, and Israel will have them correct. Christianity has about 22 years left, then they can see Israel for the correct view of Jesus and God.

2-Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This was fulfilled the day of the Cross, 2029 A.D. is a future similitude when God will hear from Heaven, and prayer will be seen as never before, Before we ask, God answers. And I mean real physical answers to prayer.

The day of the Cross his days as Heaven, third heaven was Sunrise to noon, Words not lawful for a man to speak was Jesus saying He is the Son of the Blesses, they condemned Him to death for blaspheme.

Ken

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #52

Post by Fallibleone »

Oh well, good luck with that... I think I'll still be a non-believer in 2029. The cool thing about it is, barring accident or illness, I'll still be here to testify. Let's see, shall we.

ken1burton
Apprentice

We will see.

Post #53

Post by ken1burton »

Fallible one.

You do not believe in God. But maybe in “Luck?” You have a better chance believing in God.

If you die before 2029 A.D. then I know you will be a believer. If your still alive on earth you might still be testifying as an Atheist but you will change your mind when you die. And you might not like what you testified to.

But, See we shall. God or no God, Naturally that is only possible with a God. Real dead things do not see too well.

Anytime you want, God is there waiting for you. Jesus paid for all sins, and rendered to man His righteousness. God is also more then willing to have you, No changes needed. God concluded all in unbelief anyway.

Just tell Him your dreaming, and should wake up soon.

Ken

Fallibleone
Guru

Re: We will see.

Post #54

Post by Fallibleone »

ken1burton wrote:Fallible one.

You do not believe in God. But maybe in “Luck?” You have a better chance believing in God.
It depends what you mean by 'luck'. I have a better chance of what believing in God? Of being correct? I disagree. Of being 'saved'? Since the concept of being 'saved' does not feature in my world view, I disagree with this also.
If you die before 2029 A.D. then I know you will be a believer.
No you do not. You believe that I will be a believer. Knowledge and belief are separate things.
If you're still alive on earth you might still be testifying as an Atheist but you will change your mind when you die.
This is a statement of opinion. My own opinion is that I will have no mind to change.
And you might not like what you testified to.
Here at least you say 'might'.
But, See we shall. God or no God, Naturally that is only possible with a God. Real dead things do not see too well.
Quite. I obviously meant that if I am still alive in 2029 we will see what my beliefs are.
Anytime you want, God is there waiting for you. Jesus paid for all sins, and rendered to man His righteousness. God is also more than willing to have you, No changes needed. God concluded all in unbelief anyway.
You will be unsurprised to hear that all this means precisely nothing to me.
Just tell Him you're dreaming, and should wake up soon.
OK, I will tell a being in whom I don't believe that I am dreaming when I am quite clearly awake. What was the point of that? We could go back and forth in a childish manner claiming 'you're dreaming.' 'No, you're dreaming.' 'No, you are.' and so on... what were you trying to achieve by insinuating that I am dreaming through life? Did you think that tactic would make me sit up and listen to you? If I replied to you stating that I think you are delusional and naive, would that induce you to listen more intently to what I was saying? I believe that it would turn you off. You see?

ken1burton
Apprentice

Post #55

Post by ken1burton »

Fallibleone.

You used the word “Luck”, It means nothing to me other then some people believe it exists.

Better chance of believing in God. Is there is some chance there, No chance of luck existing.

Being saved was taken care of at Golgotha, No need to even think on it, That is all taken care of.

Belief and knowing is very different. Like I said, I KNOW you will be a believer. I do not believe in my Mother, I know Her. And I know my Father also. And God even shows things given to those who KNOW HIM. So it is possible to KNOW God. And KNOW things of God.

God’s word is often likened to seeds. I see how you reply now, I just want a few seeds there for later growth. To have something different then what most see as conversion requirements. You can just come.

The point in telling God you are dreaming, is why an Atheist is in heaven and not converting to a believer. Still unwilling to accept God as real.

Ken

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #56

Post by Zzyzx »

ken1burton wrote:Like I said, I KNOW you will be a believer. I do not believe in my Mother, I know Her. And I know my Father also. And God even shows things given to those who KNOW HIM. So it is possible to KNOW God. And KNOW things of God.
You seem convinced that you “know” (to perceive directly: have direct cognition of) about the future for another person and about invisible super beings. However, being certain in one’s own mind is no assurance of being accurate or correct – or of knowing the future.

If you wish to have credibility or influence when speaking to people who do not share your religious beliefs, it is necessary to speak in terms other than “religious certainty”. Many people do not accept Christian gods, either because the worship other gods or they do not accept the existence of gods. In either case, religious talk, quoting scripture, and parroting preachers and prophets (preaching to the choir) are totally unconvincing (often regarded as religious babble).

It might be convincing if one could cite irrefutable evidence of the existence of invisible super beings that supposedly perform magic tricks and influence human lives (or “answer prayers”). However, no such evidence has been presented. Therefore, one must “believe on faith alone” (usually after being indoctrinated or trained in childhood or perhaps after an emotional or traumatic life incident).

Those who choose to “believe on faith alone” in the absence of evidence seem convinced that they know the “one true path to salvation” (which means being saved from a supposed damnation in a supposed afterlife described by clerics). There appear to be many “one true paths” – a bit of a contradiction – or perhaps there is no “true path”, no “salvation” and no “afterlife”. None of those can be shown to be true and real – only hypothetical proposals by religionists – who think they know the future and that they know the best course of action for others.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #57

Post by Fallibleone »

Better chance of believing in God.
Again - better chance of what? When I said 'good luck with that', it was a slightly humorous comment. To me perhaps only.

Being saved was taken care of at Golgotha, No need to even think on it, That is all taken care of.
In your opinion. While you are free to hold whichever opinions you wish, it is a long stretch to expect others to take them on board as facts because you say they are.
Belief and knowing is very different. Like I said, I KNOW you will be a believer. I do not believe in my Mother, I know Her. And I know my Father also. And God even shows things given to those who KNOW HIM. So it is possible to KNOW God. And KNOW things of God.
Again - you do NOT know I will be a believer. You believe that I will, based on your own world view. I am unknown to you. You are not a fortune teller. I have thought of many ways to try and explain the difference between your mother and God. I have deleted them all because I could not find a polite way to do so.
God’s word is often likened to seeds. I see how you reply now, I just want a few seeds there for later growth. To have something different then what most see as conversion requirements. You can just come.
You seem to be approaching me as someone with great knowledge approaches someone with little knowledge. I don't know if you have read any other posts by me, but I am not new to the idea of God. You may indeed have great knowledge, but you have planted no seeds that have not been planted previously, allowed to sprout, and been weeded out. The God hypothesis was a weed to my mind. The definition of a weed I am using is that of a plant you do not want. Thank you for your invitation though.
The point in telling God you are dreaming, is why an Atheist is in heaven and not converting to a believer. Still unwilling to accept God as real.
I apologise but I did not understand that. But your last sentence is correct. You see this as a bad thing, I do not.

firewick

Re: We will see.

Post #58

Post by firewick »

ken1burton wrote:
God has a Timetable for the Nation of Israel to awaken and to see Jesus is the Messiah, Then to show most of mankind that Jesus is who God sent. 2029 A.D. is when they will see it.

If you die before 2029 A.D. then I know you will be a believer. If your still alive on earth you might still be testifying as an Atheist but you will change your mind when you die. And you might not like what you testified to.

Ken

ken1burton,

I read that very long post, and have to say that now I see why so many people ask me about perceiving the Bible in different ways. The only way to perceive the Bible is with it (Isaiah 28:10). In any case the cool thing about the book of Daniel is we don't have to perceive it. There is an Angel right there to tell us what everything is, (most people just need to keep reading). It sounds like there is a lot of mixed up doctrines from myths and traditions being mingled with scripture, in that post.

Where in the Bible does it talk about this time table for Israel to tell the world about Jesus?

And the whole 2029 thing, doesn't it say that only God knows the day and hour? (math 24:36)

God Bless,

Eric

ken1burton
Apprentice

Post #59

Post by ken1burton »

Zzyzx.

I do not feel the need to stop KNOWING something to get credibility is another’s eye.

Psalms 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

The Truth is I know God, To put it any other way is False witnesses. I also reference many concepts far different then what is called Sound Church doctrine, So search them out, Many concepts the Churches do not even have doctrine on.

You want a bag full of “Ifs”? You use them. Jesus did not use too many, It is KNOW the Truth, Not IF you might know it.

The answered prayers do not start till 2029 A.D. Wait awhile. The Jewish Nation has to seek His face first.

Cute. “Know the best course of actions for others.”, after giving me the best course or action for myself. I think you just turned your advice gun upon yourself.

Jewish Nation is a witness the Scriptures are intact, Existed before Jesus came at Bethlehem, and are not changed to fit Jesus. The Jewish Scriptures are witnesses God exists by His ability to foretell the events in detail of the day of the Cross, Showing He is God, that Jesus is who He sent, and that by showing He is a God of His Word. What He told of an after life, and what He did at Golgotha is sufficient for me.

As far as quoting the Bible to non-believers, that is God’s idea, He thinks they are preferred customers.

Fallibleone.

We all before choosing an answer to a question compare the answers to see if any fit first, Hopefully the correct answer is among those we are comparing. I try to supply the Correct answer to questions that might be asked. Putting the Correct answer to the question is the job of the one searching.

But without the correct answer even being considered or known, it is very hard to arrive at a firm foundation. Usually the Correct answer ends the question. Like the 24 Elders, they are 24 hours, like the Four beast with 6-wings, 4 6-hour periods, like 2 witnesses, 2 12-hour periods, all for the same day, Like a measure of wheat for a penny, or three measures of barley for a penny. All one day.

I am not a fortune teller, I can be a messenger of one, and I know one who sees and speaks of what lies ahead.

You might think you are not new, But the concepts I speak of are not the ones other Christians use. Christianity has about 22 more years and the Church age ends, and it ends not having found the God they profess. Israel in 2029 A.D. will have Found God correctly.

Weeds? The things which win out? The things you must fight all the time, and when you do not, they overtake? Nice similitude.

Firewick.

Daniel? There is an Angel right there. Good, what part of Daniel do you want to go for? It is visions, and they are all for the day of the Cross. Daniel has four beasts, They are the Lord seen in Hosea’s four beasts.

Hosea 13:7 Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them :
8 I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps , and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.

Because they are the day as 4 6-hour periods, But Daniel is looking Backwards at the day, Then the Leopard and Bear switch places in the visions.

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Do you think you can come up with the day and hour that Pearl Harbor is bombed? I am looking back at Prophecy, And all is fulfilled the day of the Cross, This is a future similitude for what has already been fulfilled. “And they shall look on Him whom they have pierced.” Which they will do, but this time be seeing Jesus in Scripture.

When Jesus spoke of who did not know, He mentioned even the angels in Heaven, I am not in Heaven, But I write a lot about adding a Cubit. But the Church does not even have a doctrine for what was suppose to be done FIRST.

Luke 12:25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

Add that cubit, get up to angel status, For there are a lot of things NO MAN can find out.

And angels on earth were not mentioned as not knowing the day or hour. And I am not talking a physical second coming like the Church believes will happen (Jesus said no, John 14:19)

Where in the Bible is 2029 A.D. mentioned, after telling me you know Daniel? Time, times and the dividing of time ends in 2029 A.D.

Better ask that angel in Daniel. Direct him to chapter seven

Ken

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #60

Post by Fallibleone »

ken1burton wrote: Fallibleone.

We all before choosing an answer to a question compare the answers to see if any fit first,
I think what you are describing here is a Utopian concept. Many people accept the first answer to a question which comes along, whether it fits or not. If it doesn't fit, well, it 'just is'.
Hopefully the correct answer is among those we are comparing. I try to supply the Correct answer to questions that might be asked. Putting the Correct answer to the question is the job of the one searching.
And sometimes the correct answer is not among those which you are comparing. Sometimes the correct answer is undiscernable. If you cannot put the correct answer to the question, should you put the answer with it which you like the idea of most, or should you accept that you do not know the correct answer?
But without the correct answer even being considered or known, it is very hard to arrive at a firm foundation.
Yes!
Usually the Correct answer ends the question. Like the 24 Elders, they are 24 hours, like the Four beast with 6-wings, 4 6-hour periods, like 2 witnesses, 2 12-hour periods, all for the same day, Like a measure of wheat for a penny, or three measures of barley for a penny. All one day.

Sorry, I am not understanding again.
I am not a fortune teller, I can be a messenger of one, and I know one who sees and speaks of what lies ahead.
I thought Christians saw fortune telling as evil. :whistle:

Yet again I feel I have to speak up about the difference between knowledge and belief. One can profess knowledge of something until their face turns blue. Without evidence, all they have is a belief.
You might think you are not new, But the concepts I speak of are not the ones other Christians use. Christianity has about 22 more years and the Church age ends, and it ends not having found the God they profess. Israel in 2029 A.D. will have Found God correctly.
Sometimes we find that others share our views even if we are unaware of their existence until we speak to them about specific things. Do you think you are the only one in the world with the views you have written about here?
Weeds? The things which win out? The things you must fight all the time, and when you do not, they overtake? Nice similitude.
Weeds only win out if you are a careless, incapacitated or lazy gardener. You may wish weeds to overtake your garden. I prefer to remain in control of mine.