Welcome!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Post #1

Post by His Name Is John »

It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

So to all the new members:

First of all, hello! :wave:

Second, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

charles_hamm
Guru

Post #41

Post by charles_hamm »

My name is Charles. I have read post here for a while but never joined until now. I am a Christian who lives in Texas and works as a Mechanical engineer. I like to learn about different fields in science and engineering and learn how they can help me with my relationship with Christ. I look forward to engaging in good conversation with the other members of this forum.

TCOcharlie

Post #42

Post by TCOcharlie »

Hello John,
I am TCOcharlie. I am a disciple of Christ and a (non-denominational) member of the church of Jesus Christ. I have been deeply involved in home churches for the past 30 years. I currently am living in Panama . I have ministered in many countries and have an ongoing relationship with churches and an orphanage in Kenya, and in several home churches in US states .
My pet peeve is those that try to teach scripture without scriptural backup, taken in context. Especially those that are "I believe".
I believe I am responsible to God for what I teach and that those that read what I teach are responsible for what THEY believe so I caution everyone --Do Not believe anything you read or are taught by me or anyone else until you have personally searched it and confirmed it with the Holy Spirit and are convinced it is truth.
The most important thing in my life is correct understanding, teaching and application of the Word of God.
God bless you as you walk with him

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Re: newbie

Post #43

Post by olavisjo »

TCOcharlie wrote: Do Not believe anything you read or are taught by me or anyone else ...
No worry there, these folks will not believe anything you tell them. You could claim to have a pulse and they will ask for no less than three Doctors to confirm it.

Welcome to the forum. :joy:
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

Choakem

1st Post

Post #44

Post by Choakem »

Hello all

I have already read some wonderful debates and decided to join the site.

I live in Ireland, computer IT guy as profession.

Baptized as a child in to the Catholic Faith. I have been an atheist since I was about 8 years old and I'm sorry to say that the older I get the more I dislike certain popular religions

Let me clarify by stating that its not faith I have the issues with its the faith in the institutions that grinds my bones...

If anyone reads this - then thanks for reading!

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Re: 1st Post

Post #45

Post by TheTruth101 »

Choakem wrote: Hello all

Baptized as a child in to the Catholic Faith. I have been an atheist since I was about 8 years old and I'm sorry to say that the older I get the more I dislike certain popular religions

Let me clarify by stating that its not faith I have the issues with its the faith in the institutions that grinds my bones...

Welcome, that is one of the reason why Jesus himself said NOT to worship the churches, but only God alone.

Hope you have fun on this forum. :D

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #46

Post by olavisjo »

Choakem wrote: Let me clarify by stating that its not faith I have the issues with its the faith in the institutions that grinds my bones...
My bones too.

Welcome :wave:
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by LiamOS »

Choakem wrote: Hello all

Always good to have another Irishman aboard.

Welcome the the forum.

SelectThis!
Apprentice

Post #48

Post by SelectThis! »

Hello to everyone. Found my way here after growing weary of my old hangout. My distal phalanges can't wait to get started. What is my reason for life? We either light the fire we burn by or we use that light on the path for others. My goal is the latter of the two. Water puts out fire. While here in the water, I seek to love others only.

Here is my greatest insight from the Greek and Latin morphology:

Amni - River of Life
Amnio - Bowl that catches the blood of the lamb that is sacrificed
Amnion - Sack that holds the water
Amniotic Fluid - Water of the Matrix (Womb)
Amnesia - Condition of the mind in the water (Forgetfulness)
Amnesty - Forgiveness in the water

Each seeker gets to discover something about the world that was previously unknown to the world. My contribution (The one given to me) is the true meaning of baptism. The Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes. He then sheers it off (Sin). The wool is washed white as snow and then given back as a new Robe (Body) and Crown (Mind).

What is the true meaning of baptism? You must be born again. Our immersion into the waters of life is for repentance. We are literally born for this purpose.

Gospel of the Nazarenes (Lection 88)

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

We are involved into the water so we can evolve (Rise to New Life).

And No, I'm not prosthelytizing. This is my reason for living and not necessary yours. Live your own life and simply love others. John 2:22-25 shows that there is no reason to prosthelytize. It's not my goal.

More on this later. Glad to be here.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Re: New Member

Post #49

Post by TheTruth101 »

SelectThis! wrote: Hello to everyone. Found my way here after growing weary of my old hangout. My distal phalanges can't wait to get started. What is my reason for life? We either light the fire we burn by or we use that light on the path for others. My goal is the latter of the two. Water puts out fire. While here in the water, I seek to love others only.

Amni - River of Life

Each seeker gets to discover something about the world that was previously unknown to the world. My contribution (The one given to me) is the true meaning of baptism. The Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes. He then sheers it off (Sin). The wool is washed white as snow and then given back as a new Robe (Body) and Crown (Mind).

What is the true meaning of baptism? You must be born again. Our immersion into the waters of life is for repentance. We are literally born for this purpose.

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

And No, I'm not prosthelytizing. This is my reason for living and not necessary yours. Live your own life and simply love others. John 2:22-25 shows that there is no reason to prosthelytize. It's not my goal.

Welcome. I agree one must be born again to attain heavens. Other than that, welcome to the forum.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Re: New Member

Post #50

Post by TheTruth101 »

SelectThis! wrote: Hello to everyone. Found my way here after growing weary of my old hangout. My distal phalanges can't wait to get started. What is my reason for life? We either light the fire we burn by or we use that light on the path for others. My goal is the latter of the two. Water puts out fire. While here in the water, I seek to love others only.

Amni - River of Life

Welcome. I agree one must be born again to attain heavens. Other than that, welcome to the forum.