How is God perfect?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Ravenstorm
Student

How is God perfect?

Post #1

Post by Ravenstorm »

Before everything existed(before genesis 1:1)), what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create?

If God is the God of the bible, He is PERFECT,he knows everything,created everything,can destroy everything, can make the impossible possible, feel human emotions, and sees the past,present, and future at the same time.

Typically christian say he was board/lonely. ~If you are perfect, you are complete. You desire, nothing. A perfect God just exists because imperfectness seeks perfectness/completeness. because God is way different from us(sorry i don't see people doing what he claims to do). for us to seek perfectness/completeness we DO stuff to be the person we want to be,instead of the person we are, while god has no need for doing anything.

Also emotions happen from new information received. I will feel angry if i lose my homework. i will feel sad if today my dog died. new information i have learned, my homework not being done, and my dog dying(this is all hypothetical) will cause un perfectness to me and cause me those emotions. So if God knows everything, how can he feels emotions? that is like saying my pen has invisible blue ink....it can have invisible ink,OR it can have blue ink. not both. (god can have emotion, OR know everything, not both)

It says in the bible humans are created in God's image. so humans are imperfect, so that means,in God's image He is imperfect. something perfect can not create anything imperfect. Does that mean God is imperfect?

now a christian will say something about he gave us free will to choose to follow him or not so we won't be like robots. We must have freewill to be happy. If God made it only robots like people could feel happiness, not free willed people that would be the better option because it wouldn't of caused evil in His perfect world from his perfect humans(if they are from his perfect image) that perfectly used His perfect gift freewill to choose evil. Perfect can not make imperfect.
If he did want us to have free will, he could of gave us freewill without the ability to learn,use, or know evil. only different options that are good. (like how 3+1=4. and 2+2=4...different options to get the same effect) Farther more God can not make imperfect decisions he knows everything. If we are the mirror image of God we should make perfect decisions. Why do we make imperfect decisions?

Why would a God that already knows if he creates humans many of them would go to 'eternal punishment' and it would bring only pain and sin in his world. Any God with compassion and love for his creations wouldn't of created such a being that the Perfect Words of God says it would of been better for them to never been born. how can you be all loving and create already humans that are doomed to pain and evil?

What kind of perfect God would create such a punishment FOREVER if the sins they only did for a certain amount of time. that is unreasonable decision and a perfect god always makes perfect decisions.

another thing is, why is it that belief is more important than action?
no matter how much good you do,even if you were 100% innocent(like a baby dying from SIDs, or a still born.....never had the chance to sin) or someone who never learned about the christian religion in remote parts of the world will go to eternal punishment just for not believing the EXACT words of Lord Jesus Christ.

Why would a perfect God perfectly decided to reveal his wishes in this imperfect way such as a book(bible), written in many imperfect language created by his mirror image imperfect man. He expects us to understand the bible when it is so questionable,a perfect god would of known better to show his powers to us personally instead of using an imperfect book.

also may you please explain this to me.
Can God create a rock so heavy that He himself can't lift it? if you say yes, that means he is limited in strength....if you say know he is limited in creation abilities.

How can we have free will if God knows EVERYTHING, he knows the future of everyone,what they will pick ,and every mistake they will do.

but God can make the impossible possible. that means he can make the possible impossible for him anyways that's a possibility in his unlimited powers.

can he make this rock*points to a rock* the most coldest and hottest thing on earth 100% without destroying anything?

therefor it is impossible to do everything and anything.

Now God is all loving,compassionate,perfect god. but he has a twisted sense of justice. slathering 2 year old babies, killing people with his plagues, and killing more people,and letting people be in a forever fire just for the sake of justice.

now if you add up all the dates in the bible (from Adam until now) you get roughly 6 thousand years. so that means anything before 6thousand years ago is before the creation of the earth. the bible contradicts time.

Also the bible is imperfect, i mean a God to show his perfect will by an imperfect book is impossible. which makes the book a mistake, which makes almost everything on it wrong.

If god has the power to change the future(no more wars,hate,bad stuff,etc) and is unwilling to, does that make him evil?

If god is willing to change the future but is powerless to, why are we worshiping him?

if he not willing or capable would that make him mortal?

so please answer any the questions you can,it would be very nice for answers to these question of why i doubt this religion. if i can get valid answers for these, i will truly honestly become a Christian again(i was,then i wasn't,then i was, and now i am not)

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #51

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 49:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
Before everything existed(before genesis 1:1)), what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create?
As a self motivated intelligent being he simply had to make the independent decision to create based on his personal desire to do so. This is perfectly reasonable** - all intelligent beings feel motivated at some moment or another to perform actions if only for the pleasure they afford.
Yet all we have is tales in a book to "confirm" this god even exists to do such.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Since our Creator is loving, in fact God IS love, he desired to share the pleasure of life with other beings and decided to do so.
In fact?

I'd like to see this supported beyond, "See this book..."

Please explain how you can know the mind or emotions of a god you can't show exists.
JehovahsWitness wrote: In short, intelligence (possessing self generating will and purpose) can decide on inactivity or decide on activity without any outside stimuli, an infinite point of singularity can't. God is the former not that latter.
So you claim. How one can determine the properties of something they can't show even exists to do that something is beyond my comprehension.
JehovahsWitness wrote: **NOTE: What IS unreasonable is to presume the assumption that an infintesimal point of singularity always existed for all eterntiy in a totally stable condition suddenly exploded into change, since this defies the law of inertia (things that are at rest stay at rest unless unless acted upon by a net unbalanced force).
IMO, what is unreasonable is to claim to know the properties of something one can't show exists.

Dr.Physics
Scholar

Post #52

Post by Dr.Physics »

bjs wrote: God can do anything that is logically possible.
so creating EVERYTHING from NOTHING is logically possible? cool, then stop saying the universe needs a god.
"Ignorance is bliss, but enlightenment is ecstasy." - Dr.Physics

omniscience darkness
Student

Post #53

Post by omniscience darkness »

[font=Comic Sans MS]
How is god perfect ?
god is not perfect
God can do anything that is logically possible.
YHWH cannot be perfect ,in the first place he is not GOD Heres WHY ?

Jesus is not god

ISA 43:10, Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

MAR 6:1, And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. ... 5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

MAR 10:18, And Jesus said unto him,Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

JOH 14:28, Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

JOH 20:17, Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

1COR 15:25, For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. ... 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

COL 3:1, If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

1TIM 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

[SEE ALSO: ISA 45:5; MAT 20:23, 24:36, 27:46; MAR 16:19; LUK 2:52; JOH 5:19, 8:28,40, 16:28; ACT 2:22, 13:23, 17:30-31; ROM 1:3; 2TIM 2:8; HEB 1:1-3, 2:9-18; 1PET 3:21-22, REV 22:16.]

YHWH creates evil

ISA 45:7, I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil.* I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

JER 18:11, *Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: ....

(SEE ALSO: GEN 3:1; JUDG 9:23; JOB 42:11; JER 18:11; EZE 20:25; AMO 3:6)

YHWH the"Righteous"[/size]

NUM 31:17, *Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 *But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

LEV 26:13, I am the LORD your God, ... 16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. 17 And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you. 18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

[SEE ALSO: LEV 26:7-8; NUM 5:1-3; DEU 20:16-17; JOS 10:40; JUDG 14:19; EZE 9:5-7]

Jesus not Omniscient

MAR 13:32, But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

LUK 8:45, And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

JOH 11:33, When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

With the verses above ,they show that Jesus and YHWH both aren't fit to become a god even ,let alone in trinity with something like a god. worse still see below

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned. God will cause us to believe lies so that he can damn us to hell.

Dearest readers ,armed with all the above mentioned verses please be still and think for a while can they be god ? even if they want to…. absolutely not.

warmest regards
thanks for reading

"How well we know ,
what profitable superstition this Fable of christ
has been for us."
Pope Leo X (1513-1521)

[/font]