Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Natural man cannot understand Spiritual things

Post #1

Post by Skyangel »

1 Cor 2 :14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

The bible tells us the natural man can't understand anything spiritual because they are spiritually discerned.
What does that mean to you readers?

According to the bible, a person needs to use spiritual discernment in order to understand spiritual things.

The natural man is the man who is governed by his senses and wants physical proof of everything. The natural man rejects spiritual discernment and spiritual proof.

How do any people who admit they are not spiritual expect to get proof of God or anything spiritual for that matter when they refuse to use spiritual discernment but want physical and sensual proof?

Science is incapable of proving spiritual things because science does not use spiritual discernment.

Spiritual discernment comes from what science calls the right brain as opposed to the left brain.

Check/test which side of the brain you are using the most here> http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/right- ... 1114603615

Your mind can make that animation on the above site turn around depending on whether you are using the right or left brain.

To some people the dancer is turning clockwise and to others she is dancing anticlockwise.

Which way do you see her turning?

If you cannot see her turning clockwise, you are not using the spiritual side of your mind ( right brain functions) at all.

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Re: Natural man cannot understand Spiritual things

Post #31

Post by Skyangel »

Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Flail wrote:Skyangel wrote:
Consider that the right brain can see the bigger picture which the left brain cannot see. If a person is "led" mainly by the left brain, is he delusional for his inability to see the bigger picture or is the one who is "led" by the right brain delusional for not being able to see the small details which the left brain can see?
Who is the most delusional "half wit" and why? The one led by the right brain or the one led by the left brain?
To all half wits who get offended at being called half wits, I apologize for the offense but if the cap fits and you wish to wear it, you are most welcome to wear it. I can't explain it any other way. If you are led by only half your brain then what else can you be but a half wit?
If a hen and a-half laid an egg and a-half in a day and a-half, how many pancakes would it take to shingle a dog house?
A glorious response to a very poorly articulated question. The fact that the OP suggests those who do not agree with or understand him and his inarticulate premise are 'half-wits' is just icing on the proverbial cake.
Can you articulate it any better and maybe give an example of how it ought to be articulated so as to be clearly understood by all half wits? If you can, you will prove yourself to understand me and also be smarter than me since you will be able to make all half wits understand you. If not, are you proving yourself to be a half wit or just incapable of making half wits understand you?
37 pancakes.
Exactly the kind of response I expected[strike] from someone with your disabilities.[/strike]
As always, I leave it to the readers to decide who amongst us is the one with disabilities.
A wise choice.
Have you seen the dancer on the link in the OP ?
Which way do you perceive her turning?

Is she turning clockwise or anticlockwise in reality?
Which is the correct perception and can you explain how and why you came to that conclusion?

I know the correct answer and know how to find it and why it is correct.

Crazy Ivan
Sage

Post #32

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Skyangel wrote:Spiritual discernment comes from what science calls the right brain as opposed to the left brain.

Check/test which side of the brain you are using the most here> http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/right- ... 1114603615

Your mind can make that animation on the above site turn around depending on whether you are using the right or left brain.

To some people the dancer is turning clockwise and to others she is dancing anticlockwise.

If you cannot see her turning clockwise, you are not using the spiritual side of your mind ( right brain functions) at all.
Zzyzx wrote:I can see the dancer turning either way I choose and reverse her apparent direction at will. What does that “mean�?
It just means you realized that by keeping focus on the legs, and at the point the dancer is "sideways", one simply imagines the legs are reversed, and that the front leg will pass in front of the dancer. If unable to do so instantly, and if inclined to do so, one can start freezing the image at that position, or just blinking. Like you, I am also interested in how someone like me can access my "spiritual side" so easily, as I can reverse the rotation without a single complete revolution taking place. Any guesses, Skyangel?

-edit: Just realized I don't have to focus on anything... got so good at reversing it's actually harder now to keep her dancing to the same side... yikes!

naz
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by naz »

Crazy Ivan wrote:
Skyangel wrote:Spiritual discernment comes from what science calls the right brain as opposed to the left brain.

Zzyzx wrote:I can see the dancer turning either way I choose and reverse her apparent direction at will. What does that “mean�?
It just means you realized that by keeping focus on the legs, and at the point the dancer is "sideways", one simply imagines the legs are reversed, and that the front leg will pass in front of the dancer. If unable to do so instantly, and if inclined to do so, one can start freezing the image at that position, or just blinking. Like you, I am also interested in how someone like me can access my "spiritual side" so easily, as I can reverse the rotation without a single complete revolution taking place. Any guesses, Skyangel?

-edit: Just realized I don't have to focus on anything... got so good at reversing it's actually harder now to keep her dancing to the same side... yikes!
LOL - I know that happen to me, I was like just go the way you are suppose to go dangit.

Crazy Ivan
Sage

Post #34

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Skyangel wrote:If you cannot see her turning clockwise, you are not using the spiritual side of your mind ( right brain functions) at all.
What you call "spiritual side" is also known as "fantasy-oriented processing", as opposed to "reality-based processing". "Righties" (brain wise) sure can tell a good story.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #35

Post by Goat »

Angel wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:
Skyangel wrote:Science is incapable of proving spiritual things because science does not use spiritual discernment.
Correction: Science is “incapable of proving spiritual things� because science studies the real world based upon observation of real, demonstrable evidence and depends upon its results being verifiable by anyone interested. Scientific study is based upon things that are real, not mere mental images.
Scientists are incapable of proving some spiritual things because of the limits of science. Things outside of those limits (perhaps 'current' limits) are not necessarily unreal or non-existent.
Of course, this is often used to excuse the belief in just about anything you want to, no matter how strange or untrue, because 'it has not been disproved'
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

naz
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by naz »

Goat wrote:
Angel wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:
Skyangel wrote:Science is incapable of proving spiritual things because science does not use spiritual discernment.
Correction: Science is “incapable of proving spiritual things� because science studies the real world based upon observation of real, demonstrable evidence and depends upon its results being verifiable by anyone interested. Scientific study is based upon things that are real, not mere mental images.
Scientists are incapable of proving some spiritual things because of the limits of science. Things outside of those limits (perhaps 'current' limits) are not necessarily unreal or non-existent.
Of course, this is often used to excuse the belief in just about anything you want to, no matter how strange or untrue, because 'it has not been disproved'
I don't think it is an excuse and as much as people would like rely solely on science, the truth of the matter is science doesn't have the answers for everything.

Crazy Ivan
Sage

Post #37

Post by Crazy Ivan »

naz wrote:I don't think it is an excuse and as much as people would like rely solely on science, the truth of the matter is science doesn't have the answers for everything.
It certainly doesn't have answers to questions designed to only be answerable "spiritually". Not every question is scientifically legitimate or relevant.

Adamoriens
Sage

Post #38

Post by Adamoriens »

Skyangel wrote: The things which the bible attributed to demons are attributed to mental or psychological disfunctions these days. The "diseases" which we today call "dementia", Alzheimers, Epilepsy, or other mental or psychological deficiencies and/or dysfunctions is called demon possession in the bible.
That's a rather curious interpretation. As far as I know, few Sus scrofa have been diagnosed with said psychological dysfunctions. Could you provide evidence that wild pigs are susceptible to dementia, Alzheimers, Epilepsy, or other mental or psychological deficiencies?

Hint: Matthew 8, Mark 5, Luke 8.

I initially found your argument full of good sense, but alas it's been...whittled away.

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by Skyangel »

This question is for anyone to answer.
Have you seen the dancer on the link in the OP ?
Which way do you perceive her turning?

Is she turning clockwise or anticlockwise in reality?
Which is the correct perception and can you explain how and why you came to that conclusion?

I want to see who gets the answer correct.
Does anyone beside me know the correct answer?

Crazy Ivan
Sage

Post #40

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Skyangel wrote:Have you seen the dancer on the link in the OP?
Yeap.
Skyangel wrote:Which way do you perceive her turning?
As previously stated, for me it randomly goes either way. I'm too used to reversing the rotation.
Skyangel wrote:Which is the correct perception and can you explain how and why you came to that conclusion?
There is no "correct perception", there is only left-side or right-side dominance. Both are natural, and neither is "right" or "wrong".
Skyangel wrote:I want to see who gets the answer correct.
The correct answer is that there is no correct answer. What do I win?