ob/gyn and intelligent design

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Jax Agnesson
Guru

ob/gyn and intelligent design

Post #1

Post by Jax Agnesson »

Bible fundies have no possibility of fudging over this question. God says it straight out, (Genesis 3:16 ), 'I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children;'
That's straight, uncomplicated, uncontrovertible, and also (IMO) malicious, nasty and spiteful. But there we go.
Bible-God hates all women. An innocent little girl took a talking snake at his word, and from then on she, and all her daughters for thousands of years to come, have had to cope with a reproductive process that is agonising, dangerous, even very frequently lethal; as well as a monthly reminder involving cramps, mess, blood, discomfort, and sometimes very severe pain and depression.
So. Setting aside the Bible literalists, how do other theists support the idea that this means of reproducing God's children was intelligently designed?

nothead
Banned
Banned

Re: ob/gyn and intelligent design

Post #11

Post by nothead »

[Replying to post 10 by Jashwell]

You are thinking only on a rational level.

This is base as base gets. When I was a hippy it mean lower level thinking. No man can know anything using his bean only. Bean thinking from your bean.

Two beans of like beanness ain't much better. This is why the Jews depended on one who spoke to God. The prophets were the mediums, the mouthpieces. Even the ancient Jew know more than you sir. You rely only on your bean.

The Greeks could haggle and philosophize until the cows came home. But at least they spoke of things beyond our bean beingness.

The spiritual levels are beyond the rational, although once known this is rational to the faithful. Nirvana, enlightenment, then oddball supernatural shenanigans like levitation, scientology tricks and manipulations...

...these are the secondary treasures which mean nothing to the born again Jesus believer. He know he got something real and that this is valuable in the objective sense.

I just got probation and I don't know what this means. I am still posting so whatever. Means I am on a short stick. Both the Christians here AND atheists like fundamentalists do they? WHOO HOO.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Zzyzx »

nothead wrote: You are thinking only on a rational level.
Why should one think on a non-rational (or irrational) "level"?

Should one set aside reasoning, judgment and experience (rational level) in order to think "spiritually?"
nothead wrote: I just got probation and I don't know what this means.
Donning a Moderator hat: Probation means that you have repeatedly violated Forum Rules and Guidelines and received warnings but failed to take corrective action. Further violations will result in action toward banning.
nothead wrote: I am still posting so whatever. Means I am on a short stick.
That is correct. A person on probation may post but they are "on a short stick" as you say. They should mend their ways, read and follow Forum Rules and Guidelines to which they agreed to abide to gain membership, and after a month of good behavior ask to be taken off probation.
nothead wrote: Both the Christians here AND atheists like fundamentalists do they? WHOO HOO.
Fundamentalists often conflict with almost everyone other than fellow Fundamentalists (and sometimes even them). Most seem to think they KNOW TRUTH and everyone else does not. Moderate / Liberal Christians do not like being told they are not REAL Christians and Non-Christians do not like being told they are "going to hell." Many Fundamentalists do not seem to understand or don't care.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

nothead
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by nothead »

Zzyzx wrote: .
nothead wrote: You are thinking only on a rational level.
Why should one think on a non-rational (or irrational) "level"?
The claim of Christianity sir, is that eternal life is possible. Science cannot offer you this now or one thousand years from now. Scientific evidences aside, you have to reach beyond the data in your bean in order to know spiritual truths.

I knew this as a heepy. Rather a heepy wannabee. 30 odd years ago, sorry.
Should one set aside reasoning, judgment and experience (rational level) in order to think "spiritually?"
No, just know it's limitations. Reminder: Science cannot make you immortal. As much as it tries. For instance, Time Magazine had some Cover recently said we will live to be 100. Whoopy doo. I plan on living much longer than that, God willing.

But when I spoke to my diabetes doc, he said the average man lives less BECAUSE of the type two diabetes plague. Where it came from, synthetic foods, processed and sugared.

Sodas with sugars, cereals with sugars too much. Scientific industrial products. This modern age. I depend on my meds to get by. My mother who had Hawaii sugar cane type two diabetes only lasted to 49 years old. But my meds too have their limitations. I will die soon enough. The FIRST death anyway.

nothead wrote: I just got probation and I don't know what this means.
Donning a Moderator hat: Probation means that you have repeatedly violated Forum Rules and Guidelines and received warnings but failed to take corrective action. Further violations will result in action toward banning.
I was told to no comment. No comment HERMANO.

nothead wrote: I am still posting so whatever. Means I am on a short stick.
That is correct. A person on probation may post but they are "on a short stick" as you say. They should mend their ways, read and follow Forum Rules and Guidelines to which they agreed to abide to gain membership, and after a month of good behavior ask to be taken off probation.
NO COMMENT I said. I am a good boy. SEE?
nothead wrote: Both the Christians here AND atheists like fundamentalists do they? WHOO HOO.
Fundamentalists often conflict with almost everyone other than fellow Fundamentalists (and sometimes even them). Most seem to think they KNOW TRUTH and everyone else does not. Moderate / Liberal Christians do not like being told they are not REAL Christians and Non-Christians do not like being told they are "going to hell." Many Fundamentalists do not seem to understand or don't care.
Funny thing is, the proto-orthodox view of Christianity is not fundamentalist at all.
The original Abrahamic monotheism is the True Fundamentalism. Literalists, bound to the first principles of their faith, these are the early Jewish Churches.

Now called EBIONITE like an African or something, yeah. No, fundies all. Shema still rules, Jesus said so. He musta been one.

No, not an EBIONITE. An Abrahamic Monotheist. As to your other aspersions of fundies, I resemble them.

I mean I RESENT them.

Jax Agnesson
Guru

Post #14

Post by Jax Agnesson »

nothead wrote:
Why do you judge the Judger? You are better than God?
St Anselm (I think it was) produced a logical argument which included the proposition 'That which exists is greater than that which does not exist'
This, I claim, gives me every right to Judge the Bible-God. And to condemn Him.

But that is all off-topic.. The OP specifies:
So. Setting aside the Bible literalists, how do other theists support the idea that this means of reproducing God's children was intelligently designed?
Anyone?

connermt
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by connermt »

[Replying to post 9 by nothead]
To deny the Creator who made you is to what?
One can't deny what doesn't exist
To call yourself better than your Creator is what? Commendable?
No, truthful
To stand on your own limited human understanding is what? Especially poignant?
Much like you're standing in your own limited understanding and looking down you nose at others? Is that commendable?
Please do not blaspheme the Living God.
Please do not praise a fake deity
But what good can such a baseless activity give?
The same amount of 'good' that praising a baseless deity can I would suspect.

nothead
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by nothead »

Jax Agnesson wrote:
nothead wrote:
Why do you judge the Judger? You are better than God?
St Anselm (I think it was) produced a logical argument which included the proposition 'That which exists is greater than that which does not exist'
This, I claim, gives me every right to Judge the Bible-God. And to condemn Him.
All quite rational, from a manly perspective, even a macho manly perspective.
But foolish, the beginning of wisdom is the fear of God. Sorry for preaching.
Not really. But I apologise. Don't believe it.

But that is all off-topic.. The OP specifies:
Anyone?
Sounds sexual. I've been slapped already for being SCATOLOGICAL when the subject is. This you trapped me in before. Sorry twice a foo.'

Therefore I nothead speak AROUND the subject. Got a final warning for being too BLUNT around here. Good try though. I commend you for trying.

nothead
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by nothead »

connermt wrote: [Replying to post 9 by nothead]
To deny the Creator who made you is to what?
One can't deny what doesn't exist

So you say. PROVE it. And I want empirical evidence please. And a mathematical
formula to match. Just in case you might be trying to SNOW moi.

To call yourself better than your Creator is what? Commendable?
No, truthful
To stand on your own limited human understanding is what? Especially poignant?
Much like you're standing in your own limited understanding and looking down you nose at others? Is that commendable?
As the Blues Bros once said, "We are on a mission from God."
Be sure to hear Dan Ackroyd's succinct, "God."

Please do not blaspheme the Living God.
Please do not praise a fake deity
But what good can such a baseless activity give?
The same amount of 'good' that praising a baseless deity can I would suspect.
Are you a suspect? Why you suspect so much? I praise God daily. Just like making bread.

connermt
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by connermt »

[Replying to post 17 by nothead]
So you say.
I do thank you very much
PROVE it.
Why would I have to prove a belief to you when it doesn't matter to you what I believe? In other words, what I believe doesn't matter to you. If it does, then you have issues to work through.
As the Blues Bros once said, "We are on a mission from God."
Be sure to hear Dan Ackroyd's succinct, "God."
Make no sense, but thanks....? :confused2:
Are you a suspect?
Is English your first language? Nothing wrong if it's not - I just want to know so I can adjust my wording if necessary.
I praise God daily.
Good...for you? :confused2:
Just like making bread.
:blink:

nothead
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by nothead »

[Replying to post 18 by connermt]

PROVE IT emperically is the refrain of all atheists here, just generalizing...

when we generalize we make a general foo' among the lot of us...

...lucky for you I don't come from common stock. Unique DNA have I, one in a billion or so...

So then got you back. The real situation here is yes I have my druthers and so do you, and never the common refrain shall we sing...so what is after all the purpose of haggling here online?

I give you what I can. The best evidence for Christianity is that the historical record en total given by the Bible shows Jesus to be a great liar or a great saint, the IKON for our salvation.

This WALL of either/or is the reality which faced me way back when I was a hippy dippy who thought everything was relative...

...relative to belly buttons, our beans and our brains in our beans. Amen.

Savant

Post #20

Post by 1213 »

Jax Agnesson wrote: Bible-God hates all women.
I didn’t find any scripture that supports it was for all women. On what basis can it be said to be for all women?