Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Hinduism vs Christianity

Post #1

Post by StuartJ »

When it comes to matters of faith, Hinduism has real advantages over Christianity.

Firstly, the costumes are WAY better.

Hinduism has up to 33,000,000 versions of "God" that all come from Atman. Christianity has a mere 3 maximum. And neither religion offers the tiniest shred of evidence that ANY of them exist outside the imagination.

Both religions have "scriptures". But neither demonstrates that so much as a verse came from ANY version of "God".

Hinduism was around for about 3,000 years before Jesus burst through the hymen of the BVM.

Christianity promises a mansion in Heaven, or eternity roasting in Hell - or maybe a bit of roasting for a while in Purgatory. Hinduism offers a constant cycle of reincarnation until you get it right and attain moshka. No evidence from either, of course.

When it comes to Salvation, the monopoly lies in the hands of Jesus ... and is administered by his servants on earth. Hindus reach enlightenment by the Path of Knowledge, the Path of devotion, or the Path of Good Deeds.

Women are considered equal to men and there are many Goddesses in Hinduism. In Christianity, women have been - and still are in places - second-class persons, and in the biblical writings are to blame for, well, pretty much everything really.

As a faith community - especially if you're a woman - is Hinduism a better deal than Christianity ...?
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by StuartJ »

Christians do not provide the tiniest squeak of anything that remotely resembles evidence for the existence of THEIR versions of "God" ...

Yet they remain in a state of the mind that assents to the proposition that they are real.

Hindus do not provide the tiniest squeak of anything that remotely resembles evidence for the existence of THEIR versions of "God" ...

Yet they remain in a state of the mind that assents to the proposition that they are real.

People like me - who have tossed beliefs in the bin - have long understood that "God" was only happening in my head.

Scientists have determined that "God" happens in the parietal cortex ... in the heads of humans.

THIS Atheist finds that evidence-based fact intellectually satisfying.

In fact, I ACCOND to the proposition.

And because it's an accondance - a conditional acceptance - it can change as more evidence comes to light.

Evidence such as believers demonstrating that THEIR version of "God" exists outside their own parietal cortexes.

Until then, I shall remain intellectually satisfied that my understanding that gods and "scriptures" are nothing more than the products of human imaginations has been confirmed by evidence-based science.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by StuartJ »

But not always ...

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by StuartJ »

Or Old Testament animal sacrifice ...

And New Testament human sacrifice ...