The Most Evil God

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

The Most Evil God

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Is the biblical Jehovah the most EVIL god ever imagined …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #31

Post by Bust Nak »

1213 wrote: And if we look what the whole story and don’t cherry pick like common atheist, we can notice that the hardening happened by ending plague. I think it would have been bad to allow the plagues to continue for ever just to keep pharaohs heart soft.
Wait, what exactly is the narrative you are going for here? Why would the plagues continue if pharaohs heart is soft?

Willum
Savant

Re: The Most Evil God

Post #32

Post by Willum »

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 1 by SallyF]
He has told you, O man, what is good and what YHVH requires of you, but to do justice, to love kindness and walk humbly with your God?
Does that sound like an evil God to you?
Oh yes, it certainly does.

One that praises with its lying mouth, and whips with its malevolent hands.

Lies are consistent with evil, EJ, and you can name few good deeds by the fiend, I imagine.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #33

Post by Elijah John »

1213 wrote: And if we look what the whole story and don’t cherry pick like common atheist,
Moderator Comment

Please avoid such generalizations. That would be considered a blanket statement.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Savant

Post #34

Post by 1213 »

Diagoras wrote: You might have missed the part of my post when I quoted from the bible:

�shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?�
It is a question. Now, if you think God has done evil, please tell what evil and why you think it is evil?

If we read the whole book, we can notice God sends punishment for evil people. And that what the punishment is, is considered evil. If God ends evil, some people will think it is evil and they will complain. I don’t think it is wrong, if God does so.
Diagoras wrote:…I don’t know about you, but I’d be very suspicious of following any moral code that came from anyone who acted like that.
When the moral code is, love your neighbor, and even your enemies, I don’t see any reason to think it is not good, even if it would come from someone not good.

Savant

Post #35

Post by 1213 »

brunumb wrote: [Replying to post 22 by 1213]
God has given life, so He has right to decide how long life He gives.
That might be true if we were robots, but we are not.
Why would God then not have right to decide how long life He gives? Why should all people live forever, especially when the unrighteous make life suffering for all?

Savant

Post #36

Post by 1213 »

brunumb wrote: … God told Moses in advance that he would harden the pharaohs's heart so everything that resulted was due to the malicious machinations of God...
And if we read the whole book, we can notice it happened by ending plague. Every time things were well, pharaoh wanted to keep slaves (heart was hard) and when the plague came, he was ready to let the people go (heart was soft).

Savant

Post #37

Post by 1213 »

Bust Nak wrote:
1213 wrote: And if we look what the whole story and don’t cherry pick like common atheist, we can notice that the hardening happened by ending plague. I think it would have been bad to allow the plagues to continue for ever just to keep pharaohs heart soft.
Wait, what exactly is the narrative you are going for here? Why would the plagues continue if pharaohs heart is soft?
When his heart was soft, it was because of the plague, it made him to think he releases the slaves. But when the plague ended, his heart was hardened and he didn’t want to let them go. Maybe you should read the whole story and look what happens.

It is interesting, it almost sounds that you think pharaoh should have had right to keep his slaves.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #38

Post by Bust Nak »

1213 wrote: When his heart was soft, it was because of the plague, it made him to think he releases the slaves. But when the plague ended, his heart was hardened and he didn’t want to let them go. Maybe you should read the whole story and look what happens.
There is a easy solution to that, keep the plague on until the slaves were released.
It is interesting, it almost sounds that you think pharaoh should have had right to keep his slaves.
It's more like I am thinking had God not harden pharaoh's heart, he would have released the slaves after plague number 6. Instead it went to ten due to God's interference in his freewill. The Bible explicit stated that motivation to drag the plagues out to ten was in part to show off God's power. Worse still, God did not simply soften pharaoh heart before sending any plagues, given his willingness to fiddle with people's freewill.

Willum
Savant

Post #39

Post by Willum »

[Replying to 1213]

Certainly Moses felt Pharaoh had the right to keep slaves, in fact he drafted several articles in Deuteronomy and Exodus on how to treat slaves...
Or do you feel that slavery and genocide are OK, when they are perpetrated against some people, but not others?
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

Seth
Student

Post #40

Post by Seth »

[Replying to post 14 by TheGreatDebate]
The God of the Bible claims Himself exclusive.
Men make that claim, no god has ever made any claim, only men have.