The Worst Yahweh Act?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Thomas123
Sage

The Worst Yahweh Act?

Post #1

Post by Thomas123 »

I sometimes feel like I am reading a different Bible than the one, other people use!

What is 'worst' about the Old Testament God, Yahweh!

Was it the Eden incident? Pick your worst incident. Just one, Please!

I want to make a list and try to consider them. Maybe make a Poll.

Thanks!

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: The Worst Yahweh Act?

Post #31

Post by Divine Insight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Man can judge but he has no right to judge his maker.
Who told you that, and why did you accept it?

I suggest just the opposite. We have every right to judge our maker and our maker has absolutely no right whatsoever to judge us.

In fact, you should be able to see the truth of this by simply turning things around.

Imagine that you create a living sentient being. Does this give you the right to judge it? Surely not! You're the one who created it, if it's defective in any way that can only be because of your incompetence as a creator.

On the other had should it have the right to judge you? Absolutely! Especially on matters associated with it's own existence.

So whoever told you that you have no right to judge your maker is wrong. You need to find that person or persons and explain to them why they have it all wrong. They have every right to judge their maker, and their maker has absolutely no right at all to judge them. Even if they have flaws, those flaws can only be the fault of the ineptitude of their maker.

If you are a bad person it can only be because you weren't designed very well in the first place. You certainly can't be held responsible for being defective. You didn't design yourself.

So you have it all wrong. You are preaching things totally opposite to the way they truly are. If you were created by a designing creator, then you can't possible be responsible for how you turn out. In fact, if you turn out to be a wicked person, then that can only be your creator's fault. There's no way that you could be held responsible for that.

So the created always has the right to judge their creator, but never the other way around.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Willum
Savant

Re: The Worst Yahweh Act?

Post #32

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 31 by Divine Insight]

Yeah, I find it peculiar.

The first story in the Bible is about us eating from the tree of knowledge... giving us the knowledge of good and evil.

With that knowledge, we have the power and fiat to judge.
So if you don't believe the fairytale, or do believe the holy story, either way, man has the right to judge evil.

And if we judge God evil, so be it.
The apple myth/holy story declares we are right.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight