Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1401

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1396 by tam]

I notice you didnt anwer the question. Do you hold to your dogma that all Christians are anointed and that there is and can be, no such thing as an unanointed Christian?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1402

[Replying to post 1390 by tam]
tam wrote:
You (or owh, I forget which of you) said yourself that Christ was calling those who would reign with Him in His Kingdom, His Bride, His Body, His brothers (adopted sons of God). You (or owh) agreed that this is the case in what is written. I have not said anything other than that.

Yes you have. Your posts teach that ALL Christians have to be be of the heavenly calling. That there can be no Christians that are unanointed and that all Christians are choosen to reigne with Christ.

This is going beyond what Jesus said. If that is not what you are saying, please be frank and tell us what you are saying.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #1403

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1398 by JehovahsWitness]

that there is and can be, no such thing as an unanointed Christian?
Unanointed Christian is an oxymoron.

Considering you claimed earlier to have holy spirit, the problem does not lie so much in me sharing that all Christians are anointed/baptized with holy spirit... but rather in the meaning that the WTS has assigned to the term 'anointed'.

Holy spirit is the "oil" that a Christian is anointed with, when receiving holy spirit from Christ.

You disagree and that is your prerogative. But that is the understanding I have received from my Lord, that is the example we are given in what is written (even John wrote to His fellow Christians about the anointing they had received).

What you and anyone else does with that is not up to me.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1404

tam wrote:
He called them the "other sheep." (John 10:16)

As I said earlier (I think to JW) He simply said that He had other sheep to call who were not of that fold (the present Jews from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin).

He never said they were the present Jews from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. You are putting words in Jesus mouth. That is your post's interpretation, you are welcome to it but that doesnt make your post's teachings correct. The other sheep are the unanointed Christians that would be gathered later in the stream of time.

You disagree and that is your prerogative. But that is the understanding I have received from my Lord, and that is the understanding when we take the entire bible into account.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1405

tam wrote: Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1398 by JehovahsWitness]

that there is and can be, no such thing as an unanointed Christian?
Unanointed Christian is an oxymoron.

So you propose there is no such thing? Please be clear, I wouldnt want to attribute a teaching to you do not hold.

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1406

tam wrote:
Considering you claimed earlier to have holy spirit, the problem does not lie so much in me sharing that all Christians are anointed/baptized with holy spirit...
Your post's dogma to which you adhere proposes an inaccurate explaination of the above expressions. Gods spirit is used in different ways, those that are called to heaven are not the only ones that are called.
tam wrote:
Holy spirit is the "oil" that a Christian is anointed with, when receiving holy spirit from Christ.

Nobody has suggested otherwise (I am not interested in your strawman arguments), of course John wrote to His fellow Christians about the anointing they had received. The point is your Post's teachings propose that **all** Christians are subject to this experience. This is incorrect and going beyond both the words of Christ, the meaning of tbe Greek word used by inspired writers and the themes present in scripture.

My Lord has told me to explain scripture, what you and anyone else does with that is not up to me.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1407

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:
He called them the "other sheep." (John 10:16)

As I said earlier (I think to JW) He simply said that He had other sheep to call who were not of that fold (the present Jews from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin).

He never said they were the present Jews from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. You are putting words in Jesus mouth. That is your post's interpretation, you are welcom to it but that doesnt make your post's teachings correct.

JW

It is not my interpretation, but you're right that He did not say those words in His quote. This is why I put that part in brackets (as my understanding from Him on who the 'other sheep' are - though I said 'present' Jews and should only have said Jews, from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin combined). I apologize if my doing so (adding to the quote in brackets) caused misunderstanding.

It is also true that my saying something does not make it correct, but I have not claimed otherwise. I have always said that if one wishes to know the truth (on this or any other matter), then one should go to the source: to Christ, the Truth, the Light, the living Word of God.

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1408

tam wrote: ... you're right that He did not say those words in His quote.
Thank you for at least admtting what you have done, I applaud your honesty. The words you added are your interpretation in accord with the dogma your posts propose.
tam wrote:
It is also true that my saying something does not make it correct....
Again, thank you for your honesty here. I went to the to Christ, the Truth, the Light, the living Word of God and I am sure you are incorrect. Your posts teach that there is no such thing as an unanointed Cnristian and that all Christians are anointed to a heavenly calling.

My Lord tells me otherwise.

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1409

[Replying to post 1400 by tam]

Its actually very simple, if Jesus (or any of the first century writers) had wanted to say anyone that remains unanointed cannot possibly be a Christian he would have said so.
  • The expression "receiving holy spirit" is usually used in scripture in connection with some special gift or privilege (See John 20:22,23; Acts 10:45-47 compare Acts 19:6). While all true belivers can have Gods holy spirit, not all, are anointed or born again of spirit (2 Cor 1:21 ; 1Jh 2:20). The word "anointing" is connected the ancient Hebrew ritual of appointing a king, so the holy spirit in this capacity is being used to choose those that are part of the kingdom covenant. Their adoption as spirit sons of God (in the same way Jesus was adopted at his baptism) signals their being chosen as royal heirs of the kingdom.
My Lord has told me not to accept interpretation that go beyondd the things written.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Will there be any non-Christians in paradise?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 24#1005024

tam
Savant

Post #1410

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote: ... you're right that He did not say those words in His quote.
Thank you for at least admtting what you have done, I applaud your honesty. The words you added are your interpretation in accord with the dogma your posts propose.
No need to applaud honesty; it is just what we are supposed to be.

But the words I placed in brackets were not my interpretation (as explained - do with that as you will). Those words simply were not from His quote, and that is why I put them in brackets to begin with.

As I said though, I apologize if my doing so caused misunderstanding.
tam wrote:
It is also true that my saying something does not make it correct....
Again, thank you for your honesty here.
I am not going to lie to try and win a debate. That is not what I am here for.

Peace again to you,
tammy