Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #1

Post by Donray »

If you belive God create it, then God at least does nothing to stop it. Is God killing many humans again to be spiteful? To teach us a lesson? Just because he can?

OR

IS God testing us to make sure we still have faith as he kills your parents, spouse or kids?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #161

Post by myth-one.com »

Danmark wrote:
Clownboat wrote: People should learn to think for themselves and not be sheep, not try to sue our government. Actively culling the herd of such people would be evil IMO, but if they are doing it themselves, would it be good for society?

This I'm a victim mentality lets far to many people off the hook.

"What, I can soak myself in gasoline and light myself on fire to cure the disease? Woohoo!"

I'm not saying we should hand them the gas and a lighter, but should we encourage them to try to sue for such actions they took against themselves? That I'm not so sure of, but perhaps I'm being too cold?
Seems to me the sheep are the ones stupid enough to blindly follow the obscenity of ignorance and dishonesty that is the Trump administration.

Re: suing people and the government for gross negligence and incompetent leadership, that is what people do to NOT be victims. They fight back. That's all a lawsuit is, a civilized alternative to a fist fight or worse. I've seen poor and dangerous presidencies before, but Trump's is an avalanche of mistakes and now cowardice.

"I don't take responsibility. It's up to the States."
__ donald F. trump

This, when the nation needs national leadership more than ever.
Cowardice is at epidemic levels within the Republican Party.

I am aware of one GOP congressman with some courage and character. He's a Senator from Utah.

The GOP has abandoned me and my country.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #162

Post by AgnosticBoy »

myth-one.com wrote:
AgnosticBoy wrote:It would also help if the mainstream media quits playing that clip over and over and over again. Keeping the issue in the media is also keeping it in the public's eye. So if anything, the media would bear some responsibility, especially for twisting it to say that Trump recommended Lysol as opposed to asking about it.
Trump suggested the possibility of studying injecting disinfectants into COVID-19 patients or bringing UV light “inside� their bodies to kill the deadly virus, while nodding towards Dr. Birx seeking approval.

A leading disinfectant producer quickly urged people not to ingest their products!

=========================================

The truth is being reported by the vast majority of mainstream media!

And they're generally doing a fantastic job!
But this happened over a week or so ago. When you keep bringing it up, you're essentially spreading the word. What you're doing may be just as dangerous. You brought it up probably what, 20 times already?

Should you be allowed to keep REposting dangerous advice? Is anyone suggesting that it's safe or even debating that issue here? Seems unnecessary and excessive to keep bringing it up.

I've recommended the moderators look into this. Discussion on that started on another thread:

viewtopic.php?p=1010885#1010885

otseng
Savant

Re: Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #163

Post by otseng »

[Replying to post 140 by DrNoGods]

As for the treatment for covid-19, I created a separate thread to discuss this:

Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #164

Post by Clownboat »

Myth-one.com wrote:So you are OK with the leader of our country suggesting a remedy which would result in the likely death of those who followed his advice?
This is news to me. Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death. It sounds like you are making claims for a leader when the leader himself is not making the claim, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
Clownboat wrote:Actively culling the herd of such people would be evil IMO, but if they are doing it themselves, would it be good for society?
They would be doing it due to their leader's recommendation.
Trump really recommended doing this?
Would they have done it on their own accord without any suggestion from the leader?
Again, I'm not aware that it was suggested that we injest lysol or bleach. Perhaps you have already shown this though...
However, the Heaven's Gate peoples were listening to their leader. We cannot get rid of those who will dupe, but we can encourage good thinking. Blaming the duper does not encourage good thinking. Teaching people that they make their own beds and must then sleep in them may improve future thinking for said person.
And it would not be good for society, as trust in the leader's advice, intelligence, and honesty would be eroded.
Again, please supply the claim where Trump advised what you claim he advised.

My point is not to defend Trump here (as I don't believe in miracles), but to advocate for better thinking. Listening to stupidity and then encouraging those who listened to stupidity to pretend to be victims would not encourage the better thinking I'm advocating for. Perhaps my thinking is too cold though...
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #165

Post by Clownboat »

Danmark wrote:Seems to me the sheep are the ones stupid enough to blindly follow the obscenity of ignorance and dishonesty that is the Trump administration.

In this instance, I would say you are correct. Now should we let them off the hook by saying, sue the government because you were an unthinking sheep and took someones wonderings as though they were a directive? Perhaps the appropriate response would be, "you really thought you could drink bleach"? Didn't you think about this ahead of time? What about those that would light themselves on fire because they heard their governor wonder about high heat killing the virus.

Again, some of the most impactful words I have ever heard were, "you made your bed, now you need to sleep in it". Perhaps more need to hear this is all I'm wondering.
Re: suing people and the government for gross negligence and incompetent leadership, that is what people do to NOT be victims.

Are they really a victim though if they heard a leaders wonderings, for example to light yourself on fire to get rid of the virus. I would think in this instance the leader is probably being sarcastic, but if some unthinking individual follows said advice, should we really go after the leader? I'm not saying we shouldn't, just wondering what behavior we might be encouraging.
They fight back. That's all a lawsuit is, a civilized alternative to a fist fight or worse.

Sure, when deserved.
"Wait Mr. customer. You actually drank bleach because you heard someone wonder about its effectiveness? I'm sorry, but I cannot take your case."
I'm not convinced said lawsuit would be deserved personally.
I've seen poor and dangerous presidencies before, but Trump's is an avalanche of mistakes and now cowardice.

Your feelings on Trump are apparent. I just hope emotion remains out of reasoning as much as possible.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #166

Post by myth-one.com »

Clownboat wrote:
Myth-one.com wrote:So you are OK with the leader of our country suggesting a remedy which would result in the likely death of those who followed his advice?
This is news to me. Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death. It sounds like you are making claims for a leader when the leader himself is not making the claim, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
Speaking about COVID-19, the leader of out country stated:

". . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is a way we can do something like that, by injection . . ."

Are you questioning whether or not he stated that?

Or whether or not it would result in their death.

Or both?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #167

Post by Clownboat »

myth-one.com wrote:
Clownboat wrote:
Speaking about COVID-19, the leader of out country stated:

". . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is a way we can do something like that, by injection . . ."

Are you questioning whether or not he stated that?

Or whether or not it would result in their death.

Or both?
. . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.

Bold added to show how an important word was left out (intentionally?) and to show that a question was being asked.

"Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death."
You did not meet this burden.

If someone were to argue that he asked a stupid question, that would be one thing. I'm addressing a specific claim that 'people who do such a thing should sue the government'. I don't agree that sueing the government would be reasonable in this scenario.

Perhaps it would help if you pretended that Obama asked such a question as sometimes I feel peoples hatred for Trump and Trump being wrong is what is important, not the actual details as shown above.

So did Trump really suggest what it is being claimed he suggested, or are people more concerned with making Trump to be wrong than being honest about what was said?

Furthermore, who did more damage? Trump asking the questions he did, or how the news made it out to be a 'suggestion' when it appears to be nothing more than an ill-informed question.

As Bill Maher (obviously not a Trump supporter) said when it comes to Trump, for many people what is important is that 'Trump said it, and Trump has to be wrong'.
(Interview with Matt Taibbi)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #168

Post by myth-one.com »

Clownboat wrote:"Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death."
. . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #169

Post by AgnosticBoy »

myth-one.com wrote:
Clownboat wrote:"Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death."
He suggested to have it checked out. I see a question mark in that statement as well. That is far from saying that he was suggesting for people to try it or that it would work. The left-wing news media spinned it that way but that's to be expected. Watching CNN is like listening to a Democrat take on things. And we all know that's far from NON-partisan/unbiased news reporting!

Trump thinking was correct on Remsdesivir:
FDA reportedly will approve Covid-19 treatment remdesivir, which US-funded trial shows has 'positive effect' on recovery
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/g ... index.html

Before being proven right, here is how the media spinned it:
Touted by Trump, hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir fail as coronavirus therapy in preliminary studies....
https://news.yahoo.com/touted-by-trump- ... 31030.html

Hmmm, Mr. Yahoo? So it goes from FAIL to being proven and approved?

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #170

Post by Bust Nak »

Clownboat wrote: . . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.

Bold added to show how an important word was left out (intentionally?) and to show that a question was being asked.
It being a question stops what he said from being a suggestion, how? This question, by the way, is me suggesting that the question mark is what made it a suggestion as opposed to a recommendation.