Should Christians watch Disney movies?

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

erindanielbell

Should Christians watch Disney movies?

Post #1

Post by erindanielbell »

Walt Disney Corp is one of if not the most loved and trusted film producers of children's films. Most Christians I know will not hesitate to add the latest Disney films to their children's video library. Unfortunately, many Disney films promote magic, sorcery, and many other pagan religions. I have never seen or heard of a Disney animated film based on a story from the Bible or promoting Christianity.
The following is a detailed overview of anti-christian themes that Disney promotes.

The Enemy Exposed. – Modern Day Idolatry and Christian Compromise

Deuteronomy 5: 7-9 Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, and showing mercy unto thousands of them that that love me and keep my commandments.

Romans 1: 22-23 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

What is an idol?

Merriam-Webster Dictionary – idol – an image worshipped as a god; also; a false god and an object of passionate devotion.

The enemy uses subtle maneuvers to bring Christians to idolatry by creating objects of passionate devotion rather than creating images and calling them a god. Genesis chapter 3 describes the serpent as being more subtil than any beast of the field which God created. The Holy Bible also teaches us that the devil can appear as an angel of light. Furthermore, the Holy Bible teaches us that the devil will deceive the world. We live in a real world and face a real enemy as Christians.

What is a graven image?

A graven image is a carved likeness or imitation of a person or thing; a statue.

Any statue of a religious person or thing is a graven image.

Mickey Mouse, Disney World, and the Magic Kingdom are ways in which the enemy has boldly and subltley lured Christians into idolatry.

Mickey Mouse is promoted as the symbol of happiness. The Word of God teaches us that our joy comes from the Lord. Happy is that people that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD Psalm 144:15. Non-Christians or people who don’t have a real relationship with God have to find an alternate source of happiness. However true happiness only comes from God.

John 13:15-17 – For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord; neither is he that is sent greater than he that sent him. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Jesus taught us that happiness comes from imitating him and following his example.

John 17:13 – And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Jesus taught that the words of Christ gives us joy.

Proverbs 3:13 – Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Psalm 111-10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever.

How is Mickey Mouse an idol?

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia online Mickey Mouse may be the most recognized symbol of America, save for the flag. For some, he symbolizes cultural imperialism, the spread of its culture to other places in the world. For others he represents happiness and innocence. Furthermore, Wikipedia says President Jimmy Carter once said; “Mickey Mouse is the symbol of goodwill, surpassing all languages and cultures. When one sees Mickey Mouse, they see happiness.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Mouse)

How can you sell what only God can give us? The book of Acts has a story of a group of salesmen that made a living from selling idols (Acts 19:24-25). An idol is anything that tries to replace the true and living God. Jesus commands us to love God and our neighbors not cartoon characters or idols.

Why a mouse?

Mice in the Old Testament are unclean animals Leviticus 11: 29 and Isaiah 66:17. The enemy has created the image of an unclean animal as the symbol for happiness.

Walt Disney World- promoted as a vacation, getaway. Walt Disney said he wants people to experience another world and promotes imagination.

Genesis 6:5 - And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Romans 1:21 – Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

2 Corinthians 10: 3-5 – For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

The Truth about Disney

Walt Disney World exalts itself against the knowledge of God because they promote magic and try to market happiness. The original fairy tale stories they made into motion pictures were full of demonic witch craft. The original Brothers Grimm tale Snow White describes the very origin of Snow White as demonic. The queen drops three drops of blood into the snow and speaks a chant for a daughter. Snow White then appears, it doesn’t say she was born, and is described as white as snow with hair black as ebony. That sounds like a zombie. And the queen died when she appeared. Snow Whites beauty is described as being so mesmerizing and enchanting that when she was apparently dead the dwarves couldn’t bring themselves to bury her. Instead they placed her in a glass coffin on a hill and took turns guarding her body! A prince that saw her body was so mesmerized that he refused to leave without her dead body! And this was the first major motion picture Walt Disney decided to make. Do you really want to teach your children such a demonic story. Walt Disney has never made a Christian or biblical based cartoon movie. However they have made countless movies promoting sorcery, with craft, and false religions. Why?

What should you teach your children?

Deuteronomy 31:12-13 – Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of his law: And that their children, which have not known anything, may hear and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye over Jordan to posses it.

Mark 10:14 - But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Why do Christians support Disney World and their products?

The Devil has a way of making sin look cute and harmless through marketing techniques. Nelsons Quick Reference Bible Dictionary states Visible outward signs, with shows, pageants, parades, have an attraction to the natural heart, which often fails to perceive the unseen spiritual realities. People work hard and they want to get away. Walt Disney capitalized on that idea. There is nothing wrong with going to a theme park. The problem is with the theme. Magic is an anti-christian theme. It teaches children about the demonic power of witch-craft instead of the power of God through the Holy Spirit.

Words like enchanted, magic, and sorcery are used instead of witchcraft or demonic to make these themes seem harmless. Society is so fooled to where when something is marketed with a theme of magic people automatically relate it as something for children! Marketing professionals specialize in getting in your head and heart with whatever product they want. Marketing has been a tool of the devil for years. They have even found a way to sell oxygen and water!

There is no excuse for Disney. There are plenty of stories in the Bible that can be made for children. But what can you expect from the world.

The Magic Kingdom versus the Kingdom of God

What is a kingdom?

Kingdom- Merriam –Webster Dictionary defines as – a realm or region in which something or someone is dominant.

Magic - Nelsons Quick Reference Bible Dictionary defines as – “the science or practice of evoking spirits, or inducing the occult powers of nature to produce effects apparently supernatural.”

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or any observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Parents closely examine what your children watch. Take the Disney movies they have and study them. What is the theme in the movie. Does it glorify magic? Does it teach your child about God? Just because something is popular doesn’t mean it pleases God.

The popular trend in most of Disney’s animated movies are fairy tales. Fairies are demonic beings that are contacted by witches. Disney has made fairies very popular in the very movies they create for your children. Disney has made a host of movies that glorify magic, witch craft, Halloween, and idolatry (Santa Clause).

Anti-Christian Themes In Disney Movies

Family is an institution created by God. So called family movies with anti-christian messages are anti-family.

DISNEY MOVIES THAT GLORIFY THE DEVIL

THE DEVIL AND MR. DEVLIN: The Devil and Mr. Delvin is about a man who sold his soul to the devil and convinced others to do the same. However, they never made a movie about someone winning souls for Christ.

MULAN: Mulan is the tale of a girl who lies and deceives to get her way while being aided by a demonic dragon. The Dragon is referred to as the devil in the Holy Bible.

GARGOYLES: This demonic cartoon series glorified gargoyles, demons. In this show statues of gargoyles would come to life at night. Only God can give life.

PETE’S DRAGON: Dragons are referenced to the devil in the Holy Bible.

DISNEY MOVIES WITH WITCHCRAFT AND OCCULT THEMES

FANTAISA: Fantaisa contains a skit with Mickey Mouse starring as the sorcerers apprentice. The story has no dialogue just music that Mickey casts spells to. Who knows what kind of demonic witch craft is being cast upon the viewers and listeners. The devils primary means of influence is music. The enemy has found a way to cast a spell on millions and millions of people over a forty year period. And every so many years they re-release this movie as some kind of special anniversary edition to make sure they get as many people as they can!

HOCUS POCUS: Hocus Pocus is about three witches that are conjured up from ancient Salem. This movie promotes witchcraft in a comical way.

WALT DISNEYS MINI CLASSICS: MICKEYS MAGICAL WORLD: The title should be enough to keep Christians away.

SWORD IN THE STONE: Witchcraft and sorcery fill this tale about the legend of King Arthur.

SLEEPY HOLLOW: This is another tale of witch craft and demonic spirits that instills the spirit of fear in children. This cartoon shows a man being chased out of his home town by a demonic spirit called the Headless horseman. God did not give us a spirit of fear.

BLACK CAULDRON: Cauldrons are used in witch craft to cast spells.

MARY POPPINS: A movie about a nanny with strange magical powers.

POOH’S HEFFALUMP HALLOWEEN MOVIE: Halloween is a pagan celebration of demons and witchcraft. Yet, this is what Disney is entertaining your children with.

PETER PAN: Peter Pan promotes a boy who doesn’t want to grow up and have any responsibility and a little girl, Wendy, who runs away with him to a place called Never Never Land. One of the most popular characters in Peter Pan is Tinker Bell a fairy. Disney has created a cute image of a demonic being that is a part of the practice of witch craft. Peter Pans group of young friends are called the Lost Boys. Are these values you want to teach your children? Do you want your son to think it is alright to want to remain a child forever? Do you want your young daughter to run away with boys in the middle of the night? Let’s look at Tinker Bell’s (the fairy) role in this tale. Wendy is able to fly to Never Never Land by the power of fairy dust given to her by Tinker Bell.

SLEEPING BEAUTY: Sleeping Beauty is about a girl under a demonic sleeping spell cast on her by an evil fairy. This spell can only be broken by the kiss of a prince. Sleeping Beauty is kissed by a prince and wakes up to marry him no questions asked! No courtship, no getting to know each other, nothing, just a kiss and then marriage. They are teaching our young girls foolishness.

CINDERELLA: Cinderella is the story of a girl being oppressed by her step sisters and stepmother. Then her demonic fairy godmother magically gives her everything she needs to make the prince fall in love with her in one night (all good gifts come from God not demons).

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: In Beauty and the Beast, the Beast is under a demonic witchcraft curse and everything in his house is possessed by a spirit.

ALLADIN: Alladin is the story of a young boy theif who finds a magic lamp that contains a genie, supposedly with the power to grant him three wishes. This story is contrary to the teachings of the Bible because God is our source. Not a demonic genie. The genie is an example of lying signs and wonders because all power belongs to God. The villain in the movie is an evil sorcerer.

PINNOCHIO: Pinnochio is the story of a puppet possessed by a habitually lying and rebellious demonic spirit, placed in him by a demonic fairy. The puppets creator Gepetto is swallowed by a whale mocking the prophet Jonah in the Holy Bible. At the end of the story, once again a demonic fairy turns Pinnochio into flesh and blood. Only God can create life not demons!

THE LITTLE MERMAID: The Little Mermaid is the tale of demons of the sea. A half-fish half-girl is a demon. Demons are often potrayed as half human half animal creatures. Once again Disney created and marketed a demonic tale of magic and witchcraft.

THE EMPERORS NEW GROOVE: Another tale of magic and witchcraft as a prideful and arrogant emporer is transformed into an animal through witchcraft.

BROTHER BEAR: Brother Bear promotes a pagan religion.

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES: The title alone should make you question it’s motives.

A SAINTLY SWITCH: This is a demonic family story about two children that cast a voodoo spell on their parents. Why is Disney playing with the devil!

BLACK BEARDS GHOST: The Holy Bible teaches us against consulting familiar spirits.

TOWER OF TERROR: God didn’t give us a spirit of fear. Why does Disney promote fear and terror? This seems to be very demonic.

DISNEY MOVIES THAT GLORIFY DISOBEDIENCE TO THE WORD OF GOD

ROBIN HOOD: Robin Hood is called the prince of thieves and he has a Christian friar as a companion! The Holy Bible teaches us that the thief cometh not but for to steal kill and destroy. God commanded us to not steal. However, Robin Hood, the hero of this tale, is praised for robbing the rich and giving to the poor! We are not to disobey Gods word no matter who we give it to. And this story was made for children! Blatantly promoting disobedience to Gods word.

PRINCESS OF THEIVES: Another bold act of the enemy glorifying a young lady who steals! Thou shalt not steal is a command from God.

MONSTERS INC.: Monsters Inc. capitalized on the spirit of fear. Instead of pointing children to Christ, For God has not given us a spirit of fear, they try to make monsters cute and cuddly.

THE LION KING: Simba consults a familiar spirit while attempting to contact his dead father. The Bible teaches against consulting familiar spirits!

DISNEY MOVIES THAT PROMOTE IDOLATRY

THE SANTA CLAUSE: This movie is about a man who transforms into Santa Clause. Disney has never made a Christmas movie about the birth of Christ. Isn’t that why we celebrate Christmas? Disney has made numerous movies about Satan Clause, I mean Santa Clause. What does Santa Clause have to do with Christ-mas? Christmas is one of the most popular times of the year when Christ is celebrated. The devil is trying to delete Christ out of Christmas and Christians are supporting the company that is helping the devil.

THE SANTA CLAUSE 2: They had the nerve to make a sequel!

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS: Nightmare and Christmas have no relationship at all. Do you see how the devil is trying to pervert Christmas? This movie attempts to mix magic and Halloween with Christmas! If that’s not demonic and anti-christ then what is?

THE SPIRIT OF MICKEY: the enemy is not hiding the fact that the Mickey Mouse character is a spirit leading children away from Christ.

MICKEY’S ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS: Mickey Mouse and Santa Clause in an anti-Christian Christmas story. Why aren’t they telling the story of Jesus?

MICKEY’S TWICE UPON A CHRISTMAS: As if it was not a slap in a face to Christians the first time the enemy made a sequel to the blasphemous anti-christian movie.

HERCULES: This anti-Christian character is supposedly the son of a god! The devil is a lie. The legend of Hercules was taken from an ancient Greek pagan religion that worshipped multiple Gods. Idolatry!

WALT DISNEY CHRISTMAS: Another Christmas movie that does not celebrate Jesus. What’s up with that?

MICKEY’S MAGICAL CHRISTMAS: Notice how Disney is trying to mix darkness with light. The Holy Bible teaches us that light has no communion with darkness.

IN SEARCH OF SANTA: The Holy Bible teaches us that if we draw nigh to God he will draw nigh to us. The Holy Bible also teaches us that the LORD said seek me while I may be found, not Santa Clause.

HOW THE TOYS SAVED CHRISTMAS: This sounds ridiculous. They are teaching children that Christmas is about toys not Christ. The enemy is trying to make Christmas a selfish celebration of receiving from a false idol, Santa Clause. We don’t have to insult children’s intelligence when they are at the stage of their life when they will believe anything you tell them.

SIMPLY MAD ABOUT THE MOUSE: Eight musicians sing tribute to Disney and Mickey Mouse. Sounds like praise and worship. All praise belongs to God.

SANTA WHO: Another anti-Christian movie about one of the world’s most popular idols.

ONE MAGIC CHRISTMAS: Magic and Christmas don’t mix.

Felonious
Student

Post #21

Post by Felonious »

Yeah, I'm with Katsuro. All this talk of witchcraft in the media gets on my nerves.

None if this is sorcery, or anything.

I used to perform spells and stuff, they worked, and they had consequences.

I know, sorcery, and Cinderella or Harry Potter, isn't it.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Magic

Post #22

Post by Greatest I Am »

Felonious wrote:Yeah, I'm with Katsuro. All this talk of witchcraft in the media gets on my nerves.

Spells always have consequences If you are able to do spells then the onus is on you to perform the right ones.

I do not really believe that anyone including yourself can perform true spells.
I would invite you to do one as proof of your statement.

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Magic

Post #23

Post by Greatest I Am »

Christians are bombarded daily by ideas that go against their philosophy including Disney.
These ideas are judged to see if they fit. If they do not, they are discarded.

The world progresses as it should. Lets thank God for strengthening our faith by providing all these evils for us to analyse and discard or if not evil, accept.

I personally enjoy many of the Disney productions.

Regards
DL

Felonious
Student

Re: Magic

Post #24

Post by Felonious »

Greatest I Am wrote:
Felonious wrote:Yeah, I'm with Katsuro. All this talk of witchcraft in the media gets on my nerves.

Spells always have consequences If you are able to do spells then the onus is on you to perform the right ones.

I do not really believe that anyone including yourself can perform true spells.
I would invite you to do one as proof of your statement.

Regards
DL
Well, maybe it wasn't me, infact, it probably wasn't. All I know is, when I did them, bad things started hapening, thats why I stopped.

Maybe it was the Evil One trying to make me think I was special?

Perhaps a monkey was listening to me, and decided to help me out.

Who knows?

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Disney

Post #25

Post by Greatest I Am »

We should remember as well that even the Bible includes talking snakes witches and fish that spit men out after three days.
The Bible created myths, Demons and Angels before Disney did.
Disney is well known for His religiosity. He may have been guided by what he read in the Bible.

Regards
DL

acamp1
Scholar

Post #26

Post by acamp1 »

Disney is well known for His religiosity.

Sorry, I just think it's really funny that you used a capital H for "His" ("Disney's").

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by Greatest I Am »

acamp1 wrote:
Disney is well known for His religiosity.

Sorry, I just think it's really funny that you used a capital H for "His" ("Disney's").
Spelling error only, but observant of you.

Regards
DL

Chimp
Scholar

Post #28

Post by Chimp »

I'm surprised there was no mention of gays...Disney's full of them. Like the set
of a musical or something...haha.

It's the same tactic that the Brother's Grimm stories used...scare 'em so they
won't stray. Footloose also...I hope that wasn't too obtuse :D

I don't think we'll hear from the OP poster ever again. In her mind she has done
some crazed missionary work and moved on. She probably teaches Sunday school.

CubicU
Student

Post #29

Post by CubicU »

yes, let's put our kids in bubbles and take away every book, every song, every television show, every food that has a cartoon character promoting it, and everything else that doesn't hold to strict Christian beliefs.

Let's get rid of Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, and others who made plays, songs, books that promote non-christian views.

PhageNoVa

OMGWTFBBQ?

Post #30

Post by PhageNoVa »

1. Pertaining to the assault on disney movies that produce "False" images of certian holidays ie. Santa Clause ect. i find it rather hypocritical that you condem disney for there "spin" on the holiday being FACT that christanity stole most of these holidays from other religions.
2. In many cases of pointing out the "evil's" in said disney movies. you also refuse to point out the good. The assault of Robin Hood for example, failing to mention that the cartoon was the Dumbed down version of the legend, that in the "real" version the prince uses not only his royal "god given" authority to commit injustices "dictated by the bible" but also uses the church to aid him in this task.
I understand that this movie / story / legend is always subject to debate. But, the bottom line is thus. John + Church = evil / Robin Hood = evil there is no doubt about it. but then agian didn't your very family leave england to free themselves of the oppression of church and state? (assuming that you are anglo of course ^^). Then once came to the americas Reformed christanity ( of course in the bible it says changing the religion then renaming it is A ok !!) then began life anew. In FACT robin hood WAS a supporter of God.

Either way my point is thus you summed up each movie by its most negative angle and called it a truth. Couldn't that be equated to reading Genesis and then claiming to understand all of Christanity? this entire rant seems like you just have too much time on your hands. but i guess if all i did was read one book then prosecute the entire world by it id have alot of free time too.

Were i to give some advice it would fall on deaf ears, your rant alone shows how narrow minded your views truly are, i hope one day you can find something to make you happy instead of condeming others fun.

Btw~ if god gave us imagination, wouldn't it be a sin not to use it?

~PhageNoVa