The martyred disciples

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

tentex25
Student

The martyred disciples

Post #1

Post by tentex25 »

10 of the disciples were martyred for Jesus. The 10 of them were tortured and killed for what they believed in, never denouncing the name of Jesus. I recently spoke to a professor at my university. When he criticized Christianity and how the disciples only claimed Jesus to be holy...I brought up the fact that 10 of them willingly died for His name and what believed in. The professor dismissed my argument and said that people in many religions had been martyrd similarly. I would like this topic to be a discussion on the differences and similarities to martyrs of other religions. I just don't think I can find any of the same magnitude as I have of the disciples.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re:

Post #31

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Cathar1950 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:22 pm
Paul seems to use the Roman card as soon as his life was in danger ...
If Paul (as indicated in scripture) was a Roman citizen he did nothing wrong in pointing this out and benefiting from any legal protections this provided; there is nothing hypocritical or immoral in doing so. Being a Christian does not require renouncing one's rights.

Defending one's right when facing injustice is not cowardice, compromising core principles to protect oneself is.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

For further details please go to other posts related to ...

PAUL, THE MOSIAC LAW and ...THE WRITING OF THE APOSTLE PAUL
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re: Re:

Post #32

Post by The Nice Centurion »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #31]
Also all that is another BIG invitation for roman citizens to join the christian sect.

I join Transponders view that the NT was surely written by antisemitic greco roman christians.

They seem to have gotten the Idea; Give the Followers enemys (the Devil, the jews) and they will fight for you fanatically.

I always wonder if christian Catholic Adolf Hitler really was an antisemit or just recogniced the practicality of swimming with the christian antisemitic flood.
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"