v

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Gianna99

v

Post #1

Post by Gianna99 »

There is a deep and continuing conversation between science and religion. While science uses reason and factual data to comprehend the natural world, religion frequently uses faith and tradition to investigate issues of morality and meaning. Both fields provide insightful understandings of the human condition and encourage a diverse range of viewpoints.GB Whatsapp download

The Tanager
Savant

Re: v

Post #71

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:29 pmI don't agree with the summary.
Person A is saying the same thing as person B
They obviously agreed on some things and disagreed on others. I agree with the latest GPT summary.

William
Savant

Post #72

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:06 pm
William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:29 pmI don't agree with the summary.
Person A is saying the same thing as person B
They obviously agreed on some things and disagreed on others. I agree with the latest GPT summary.
Then we should be able to pinpoint the difference remaining re our 2 perspectives which may assist us with understanding the manner in which subjective/objective interpretation differ.

Person A (my position) posits a perspective that everything, including the universe, exists within the mind or consciousness of the Creator. This viewpoint implies a sort of panentheism, where the Creator's consciousness encompasses and transcends all aspects of existence, including the universe itself. From this perspective, morality would be perceived as an inherent aspect of the Creator's mind, permeating all of creation.

Person B, (your position) on the other hand, holds a different perspective, suggesting that the universe exists separately from the mind of the Creator. This viewpoint implies a form of theism where the Creator exists independently from the universe and may have created it but does not necessarily encompass it within their mind. From this perspective, morality is still seen as originating from the Creator but may be perceived as existing independently within the universe itself rather than solely within the Creator's mind.
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

The Tanager
Savant

Post #73

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 pmThen we should be able to pinpoint the difference remaining re our 2 perspectives which may assist us with understanding the manner in which subjective/objective interpretation differ.

Person A (my position) posits a perspective that everything, including the universe, exists within the mind or consciousness of the Creator. This viewpoint implies a sort of panentheism, where the Creator's consciousness encompasses and transcends all aspects of existence, including the universe itself. From this perspective, morality would be perceived as an inherent aspect of the Creator's mind, permeating all of creation.

Person B, (your position) on the other hand, holds a different perspective, suggesting that the universe exists separately from the mind of the Creator. This viewpoint implies a form of theism where the Creator exists independently from the universe and may have created it but does not necessarily encompass it within their mind. From this perspective, morality is still seen as originating from the Creator but may be perceived as existing independently within the universe itself rather than solely within the Creator's mind.
Okay, so what do you see as the difference? I’ve tried to explain it in different ways and you still don’t seem to understand what I’m saying about objective versus subjective morality.

William
Savant

Post #74

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:28 pm
William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 pmThen we should be able to pinpoint the difference remaining re our 2 perspectives which may assist us with understanding the manner in which subjective/objective interpretation differ.

Okay, so what do you see as the difference? I’ve tried to explain it in different ways and you still don’t seem to understand what I’m saying about objective versus subjective morality.
I don't see a difference which is real.
If a human mind (or any type of mind) exists within The Creator Mind then (as I mentioned way earlier) the perspectives might be perceived differently but the perspective to adopt (re truth) is that of The Creator Mind, and Its perspective is wholly subjective in relation to all other minds.

Other minds (being inside of The Creator Mind) may believe that because they are inside The Creator Mind, they must therefore think of The Creator Mind as and objective mind (and also that other minds are objective minds to their own) but the perspective is incorrect (which is what the "image without redness" posted in an earlier reply, exampled.
The same applies to those who believe that The Creator Mind is outside of the universe and therefore seen to be objective because of that.
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

The Tanager
Savant

Post #75

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:45 pmI don't see a difference which is real.
If a human mind (or any type of mind) exists within The Creator Mind then (as I mentioned way earlier) the perspectives might be perceived differently but the perspective to adopt (re truth) is that of The Creator Mind, and Its perspective is wholly subjective in relation to all other minds.

Other minds (being inside of The Creator Mind) may believe that because they are inside The Creator Mind, they must therefore think of The Creator Mind as and objective mind (and also that other minds are objective minds to their own) but the perspective is incorrect (which is what the "image without redness" posted in an earlier reply, exampled.
The same applies to those who believe that The Creator Mind is outside of the universe and therefore seen to be objective because of that.
What do you mean that the Creator Mind and Its perspective is wholly subjective in relation to other minds. Please define objective and subjective in how you are using it, so I can better analyze what you are trying to convey here.

William
Savant

Post #76

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #75]
What do you mean that the Creator Mind and Its perspective is wholly subjective in relation to other minds.
I mean that The Creator Mind does not view all other minds a separate from/outside of Itself.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #77

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:48 pmI mean that The Creator Mind does not view all other minds a separate from/outside of Itself.
Okay, so were you thinking that I was saying that even in your view the minds within the thought world creation would be separate from/outside of the Creator Mind? Or was your point something else in talking about real differences between person A and person B?

William
Savant

Post #78

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 am
William wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:48 pmI mean that The Creator Mind does not view all other minds a separate from/outside of Itself.
Okay, so were you thinking that I was saying that even in your view the minds within the thought world creation would be separate from/outside of the Creator Mind? Or was your point something else in talking about real differences between person A and person B?
Exploring the Evolution of Consciousness within the Creator Mind