Reasons people deny God!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

adamson

Reasons people deny God!

Post #1

Post by adamson »

Hello!

My name is Adam. I was just surfing the web and came across this forum and decided to make a quick register and write a topic, as i saw there was quite a few god-deniers here, and I wanted to ask them (you) why you are like this.

The only reasons I myself can come up with would be that you are such a self-centred person that you do not want God to "decide" what you are allowed to do, and not to do. Maybe you are a gambler, go to brothels, a killer or a thief. I hope of course most of you are not, but just as a logical assumption, i must assume you are something like that, or similar to any of it, as i see no other reason.

I am a proud American. And my personal opinion is that god-deniers should not be considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God. And my country is currently, and have been during the last century the guardian of peace for the world. We protected the world from communism, terrorism, facism and everything that is evil. Even when people insult us, we aid them and give them help. We give poor countrys billions of dollars just because we are know it is good and yet, they come and insult us, and then ask for more. How can you, especially as american, deny god and insult your nation in that manner? It makes no sense to me.

Best Regards
Adam

katiej49

Re: Reasons people deny God!

Post #2

Post by katiej49 »

adamson wrote:Hello!

My name is Adam. I was just surfing the web and came across this forum and decided to make a quick register and write a topic, as i saw there was quite a few god-deniers here, and I wanted to ask them (you) why you are like this.

The only reasons I myself can come up with would be that you are such a self-centred person that you do not want God to "decide" what you are allowed to do, and not to do. Maybe you are a gambler, go to brothels, a killer or a thief. I hope of course most of you are not, but just as a logical assumption, i must assume you are something like that, or similar to any of it, as i see no other reason.

I am a proud American. And my personal opinion is that god-deniers should not be considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God. And my country is currently, and have been during the last century the guardian of peace for the world. We protected the world from communism, terrorism, facism and everything that is evil. Even when people insult us, we aid them and give them help. We give poor countrys billions of dollars just because we are know it is good and yet, they come and insult us, and then ask for more. How can you, especially as american, deny god and insult your nation in that manner? It makes no sense to me.

Best Regards
Adam
adam i dont believe that you are an American. many people who make posts like yours come into forums and say they are American and then say something absurd to get a rise out of people . your post is to bug Americans (and/or Christians), not talk about the faith...
Last edited by katiej49 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

My name is Adam.
Hello Adam. Welcome :wave:
adamson wrote:I was just surfing the web and came across this forum and decided to make a quick register and write a topic, as i saw there was quite a few god-deniers here, and I wanted to ask them (you) why you are like this.
I am one of those God deniers. I used to be a Christian. I am sure that you will have plenty of opportunity to examine why I hold the views I do.
adamson wrote:The only reasons I myself can come up with would be that you are such a self-centred person that you do not want God to "decide" what you are allowed to do, and not to do. Maybe you are a gambler, go to brothels, a killer or a thief. I hope of course most of you are not, but just as a logical assumption, i must assume you are something like that, or similar to any of it, as i see no other reason.
And you would be wrong.
adamson wrote:I am a proud American.
Why?
adamson wrote:And my personal opinion is that god-deniers should not be considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God.
And here I was thinking that your country's constitution guaranteed the freedom of religion and opposed the establishment of religion.
adamson wrote:And my country is currently, and have been during the last century the guardian of peace for the world. We protected the world from communism, terrorism, facism and everything that is evil.
Is that why your country waited until my country had been fighting WWI and WWII for several years before joining the fray?
adamson wrote:Even when people insult us, we aid them and give them help.
Like you are helping Afghanistan and Iraq?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

upallnite
Sage

Post #4

Post by upallnite »

First off welcome. I hope you enjoy the site. Like I have.

I am not a "god-denier" because I have never denied any god anything. I am however an Atheist(and alot of other things). So perhaps your OP was not directed at me but I have the suspension that it was.
I wanted to ask them (you) why you are like this.
It would have been polite if you would have left it at that. Instead you formed an opinion before you got to know me. Lets look at the opinion.
self-centred person
Not really, I help out my community and give to charity. I spend my spare time fixing cars (for free) for people that can't afford a big bill from a shop.
you do not want God to "decide" what you are allowed to do
I do the best I can in any situation. I obey the law and serve my country. It seams I do not have a problem following authority.
gambler, go to brothels, a killer or a thief.
No, no, define killer, and no.
considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God.
I am a US Marine and a Vet. I am a citizen and proud of it. Someone will have a fight on their hands if they try to take my rights away.
guardian of peace for the world
Glad I could help with that. Why do think I should not be a citizen again?
Even when people insult us, we aid them and give them help.
I have gladly helped many jerks find the door.
How can you, especially as american, deny god and insult your nation in that manner?

I have not insulted god. If my existence is an insult the god is rather petty.

I do hope you enjoy the site and please try not to start with such an insulting and misinformed OP next time.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Moderator Warning
katiej49 wrote:..buzz off......
1. No personal attacks of any sort are allowed.
14. In general, all members are to be civil and respectful.

If our new friend Adam steps out of line, then feel free to report it to a moderator. Until that happens, abide by the rules you agreed when you registered and be civil and respectful.

upallnite
Sage

Post #6

Post by upallnite »

Is that why your country waited until my country had been fighting WWI and WWII for several years before joining the fray?
You never send your best fighter in first. :P
Population is a problem everywhere. Heck we even help you guys out by getting weapons to your teenagers that live near the border. :whistle:

twobitsmedia

Post #7

Post by twobitsmedia »

Best Regards
Adam
I think you are confusing God with American Patriotiism, though I don't see a very good definition of either. I can't see a good definition of what you are calling a "god-denier' either. I considered responding more, but the whole things just seem to be intentionaly inflammatory and divisive. I don't think you state a fair representation of anyone from any side, nor of America. I don't think it's Gods will that we force our form of democracy on other countries, but it seems to be a foundation ideology for the Bush administration.

katiej49

Post #8

Post by katiej49 »

McCulloch wrote:Moderator Warning
katiej49 wrote:..buzz off......
1. No personal attacks of any sort are allowed.
14. In general, all members are to be civil and respectful.

If our new friend Adam steps out of line, then feel free to report it to a moderator. Until that happens, abide by the rules you agreed when you registered and be civil and respectful.

my apologies. i was out of line with the buzz off comment.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by bernee51 »

Do you really want to know or is it another case of...

"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

adamson

Post #10

Post by adamson »

Hello McCulloch.
I am one of those God deniers. I used to be a Christian. I am sure that you will have plenty of opportunity to examine why I hold the views I do.
So how come you deny God now? What made you turn away from him? Anger? You wanted to do something that did not work with Gods word?

You already knew he existed, and now you deny Him. I assume you can see the contradiction.
Why?
Because America is a symbol for what the world should be. Our country is the greatest country in the world. And the reason is God. I know you can say that America has many faults, especially since evolution came, and this was because of the god-deniers rise to power that made us lose ourself. HIV and other STDs have been spreading because of this, because the kids dont wait until they are married because of the evolution propaganda they are taught in school, only to care about themselves and not God.

Anyone not living in this great country can try moving to another and see how good they have it compared to us.
And here I was thinking that your country's constitution guaranteed the freedom of religion and opposed the establishment of religion.
God is needd for a good society. Look at Soviet Union and compare it to United States of America.
We are helping the people there yes. Because they cant help themselves following a false God. You want to me to quote statistics of the killings muslim do?

-

Hello upallnite.
First off welcome. I hope you enjoy the site. Like I have.
Thank you.
I am not a "god-denier" because I have never denied any god anything. I am however an Atheist(and alot of other things). So perhaps your OP was not directed at me but I have the suspension that it was.
I would call you a god-denier.
Not really, I help out my community and give to charity. I spend my spare time fixing cars (for free) for people that can't afford a big bill from a shop.
It is good that you as a god-denier follow Christian charity. Perhaps you are not a "true" denier, but maybe just full of anger. Could i be right?
I do the best I can in any situation. I obey the law and serve my country. It seams I do not have a problem following authority.
It is good that you follow the laws that are based on Gods word. And once again, perhaps it is just anger for some reason. You feel like God tricked you perhaps? Something happened and you blame it all on Him?
No, no, define killer, and no.
A killer is anyone whom kills. I assume you know what "kill" means. Exceptions would be military conflict where you defend yourselfs and others, such as in the Iraqi war now, where we protect and care for the Iraqi people, and are forced to kill does that attack us and our allies.

Murderers could be a better word, I apologize. Anyone who kills anyone else without a proper excuse. Such as abortion and shootings.

I am a US Marine and a Vet. I am a citizen and proud of it. Someone will have a fight on their hands if they try to take my rights away.

It is good to see that you serve your God and the country He is behind, even when you dny him. Anger maybe?
Glad I could help with that. Why do think I should not be a citizen again?
Because our Nation was founded upon God and His principals. We are the strongest and most powerful nation on the planet, and this is because our historical love for God. Are you to reap the benefits of this whiles you deny him?

Why do you not move to another country and see how good they have it? Europe, China Russia. Lets see how good that is compared to our Nation of God.
I have not insulted god. If my existence is an insult the god is rather petty.
To deny Him is insulting him. In my view.
I do hope you enjoy the site and please try not to start with such an insulting and misinformed OP next time.
It was not my meaning to insult, i apologize if you took it that way.
-

Hello twobitsmedia
I think you are confusing God with American Patriotiism, though I don't see a very good definition of either. I can't see a good definition of what you are calling a "god-denier' either. I considered responding more, but the whole things just seem to be intentionaly inflammatory and divisive. I don't think you state a fair representation of anyone from any side, nor of America. I don't think it's Gods will that we force our form of democracy on other countries, but it seems to be a foundation ideology for the Bush administration.
Our Nation is founded on God.

We are a Great Nation. The world looks up to us because we are Great. So why should we not show them the way to God?