Is “Insha'Allah" (“God Willing�) OK for Christian

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

In the term “Insha'Allah" (God Willing) OK to use?

Yes for a Christian or Muslim!
60%
No for a Christian!
40%
Yes for a Muslim No for a Christian!
No votes
Yes for a Middle Eastern Christian!
No votes
It depends!
No votes
It depends!
No votes

Total votes: 5

joer
Guru

Is “Insha'Allah" (“God Willing�) OK for Christian

Post #1

Post by joer »

Is “Insha'Allah" (“God Willing�) OK for Christians to use, but not Muslims? or visa versa?

Fisherking posted the following on a thread created to give positive support to believers. This is a site that is open to debate Religious views of ALL forms. A primary focus of debate is entailed in it’s name. Debating Christianity.com. It appears some disapprove of the expression “Insa Allah� I don’t even know if it's spelt right. I’m not even sure of it’s exact translated meaning. But I have heard it used often. And I have heard it used By Middle Eastern Christians AS WELL AS Muslims and loosely translated as “according to God’s Will� and more colloquially as “God Willing.�

As I used it initially was not with an intent to differentiate between Middle Eastern Muslims using the term OR Middle Eastern Christians using the term. Or any bodies particular meaning associated with the word. I meant it quite generally and honestly as turning over of OUR doing of God’s in GOOD FAITH as an action offered up to serve the Will of God as is implied by the term “God Willing� OR as translated into a Middle eastern tongue “Insha'Allah". Thus reminding myself and my brothers and sisters that service in doing God’s Will is a global endeavor and NOT just a local isolated expression.

But it seems pretty obvious that some people here and at least one declared Christian fundamentalist. Whose post is included here.

It appears this post is more of a challenge than an Affirmation of Faith. So I offer it up here for debate where it belongs, for Fisherman or any other believer who cares to review the arguments as presented.
Fisherking wrote:
joer wrote: May we learn and do God's Will in Good Faith. Insa' Allah. is:
May we learn and do God's Will in Good Faith. God Willing.
Fear not my brothers and sisters to do the Will of God and bless the doing of God's Will
Yes, but most Christian do not worship a Muslim god.
joer wrote:in every Language and Culture on Earth for that is God's and Christ's Will.
In this country the Hispanic population is rising. And your Hispanic bothers and sisters who are faithful in remembering that all comes from God. And All should take joy in doing God's Will. When they share a blessing or an expression of their desired behavior or achievement they say "Si Dios Quiere!" - God Willing. Fear not your Muslim brothers and sisters who bow before and bend their life and actions in life to Serve and Honor God by doing God's Will.
Yes, but Islam is a religion(a false one in my opinion).
joer wrote:Follow Not those who profess to do God's Will in any language or Culture even professed Christians who then go and DO THIER OWN HUMAN WILL to hate and fear others
I do not hate or fear them, I just consider their religion to be false, based on the false teachings of Muhammad.
GentleDove wrote:
joer wrote:May we learn and do God's Will in Good Faith. Insa' Allah.
Hi joer,
Why did you post the Muslim phrase "Insa' Allah" in the Christian forum? Would you consider removing the phrase from your post?
:confused2:
In Christian love,
GentleDove
Mere_Christian
joer,

Me too.

By the way, are you a photographer of wildlife?
So my question to you Fisherking and to any other believers who wish to comment, Are you Objecting to the use of the language regardless of weather Christians or Muslims are using it? Or are you objecting to just the use of the term “Insa Allah� (God Willing) ONLY when A Christian uses it regardless of where that Christian comes from?

Here's a little reference on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insha'Allah
The more you discover you are Loved By God. The more you want to do God''s Will

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #2

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Technically spelt in English as: Insha‘allah.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

joer
Guru

Post #3

Post by joer »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:Image

Thank you Pazuzu bin Hanbi. O:) May's God's blessings and Peace be with you. I love the beauty of the script. Is it Arabic Script? Farsi?

Thank you for your generous sharing in what could be a very hostile environment. May God's Peace be preserved on this Thread. May His Spirit guide Our Hearts to the Peace and understanding God has ALWAYS endeavored to teach His children. US.

Brothers and Sisters related to each other and joined to one another in God's Love.

God's Peace be with All who enter this site and those who share on it's pages. And to those who believe not I offer my heart in Good Will and Peace through the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of HumanKind.

Fisher? O:) Would you join me in my all-inclusive prayer for Peace amoung ALL our brethren throughout the WHOLE WORLD?
The more you discover you are Loved By God. The more you want to do God''s Will

Mere_Christian
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Mere_Christian »

"Technically," what is thought of as "Allah," has nothing to do with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Islam has some Torah, Hebrew, Christian and Gospel (Injil) mixed in with it, but Islam and Allah stand outside of and oppositional to Evangel (The Gospel).

Yes, yes, "Allah," comes down from Il'Lah and/or whatever semitic tongues existing throughout the time of the middle-east, but the times even now, call for a seperation of goats and sheep, light and dark, truth and falsehood.

Evangel, means The Gospel. I would say that bringing "The Gospel," in the name of Allah would not be prudent or proper.

Allah is the god of Islam. And God (of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will deliver Who He wants to from out of the Islamic/Arabic world. But I don't see that it will include mixing light and dark. This is what has the western world in a situation where pagan/demonic practices and Christian reality are mixed together in a world where evil is allowed to be promoted as a Christian outreach program or "just" another denomination.

It would be like including and/or using the term "evolving," to mean "accepting Christ" as Lord and Savior and becoming a "new creature." Humanists (atheists, liberals, leftists in general) use the word evolution to spirit away people from belief in Christ Jesus. The word evolution has taken on extreme evil just as Allah has.

I think it's just inappropriate a word use to use "Allah," in a Christian connotation and environment for a Christian. Let the dead bury the dead.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Goat »

joer wrote:
Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:Image

Thank you Pazuzu bin Hanbi. O:) May's God's blessings and Peace be with you. I love the beauty of the script. Is it Arabic Script? Farsi?

Thank you for your generous sharing in what could be a very hostile environment. May God's Peace be preserved on this Thread. May His Spirit guide Our Hearts to the Peace and understanding God has ALWAYS endeavored to teach His children. US.

Brothers and Sisters related to each other and joined to one another in God's Love.

God's Peace be with All who enter this site and those who share on it's pages. And to those who believe not I offer my heart in Good Will and Peace through the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of HumanKind.

Fisher? O:) Would you join me in my all-inclusive prayer for Peace amoung ALL our brethren throughout the WHOLE WORLD?
Looking in on it from a Jewish perspective, I don't see it is any worse than a Christian using 'Shalom'. Allah is merely Arabic for God, and Arab Christians use
the term "Allah" for the Christian God.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #6

Post by MagusYanam »

What - so Arabic-speaking people can't be Christians? They use 'Allah' in Antiochan Orthodox Churches, for crying out loud. 'Allah' simply means the Abrahamic God - it is used by Christians and Jews and Muslims when speaking Arabic.

Also, not all Muslims use 'Allah' either. If Muslims or Christians speak a Turkic language, they call God 'Tenger' or 'Tangri' - which was originally the sky-deity of the Turks and the Mongols. But the use of the name 'Tenger' doesn't make them sky-worshippers. Same with Russians and 'Bog'. Heck, even 'God' used to be a word used by the heathen Germans. Does that mean that we should discard all words for the Abrahamic God except for Hashem, El Adonoj, Elohim, Adoshem, et cetera, on the irrational fear that 'God' in any other language might once have had pagan connotations?
Last edited by MagusYanam on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe.

- Søren Kierkegaard

My blog

Mere_Christian
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Mere_Christian »

Shalom means peace.

No different in saying it than saying goodbye in Italian or Spanish.

Allah is the name of the god of Islam.

Not appropriate to mix that with YHWH, the God of Abraham (the God that ate and talked with him), Isaac and Jacob (the God that wresteled with him).

It may be pure blasphemy to compare "Allah," with The God of Israel (renamed that from Jacob).
Last edited by Mere_Christian on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #8

Post by MagusYanam »

Indeed. No need to compare them when many Christians consider them to be identical.
If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe.

- Søren Kierkegaard

My blog

Solon
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Solon »

Mere_Christian wrote: Yes, yes, "Allah," comes down from Il'Lah and/or whatever semitic tongues existing throughout the time of the middle-east, but the times even now, call for a seperation of goats and sheep, light and dark, truth and falsehood.

Evangel, means The Gospel. I would say that bringing "The Gospel," in the name of Allah would not be prudent or proper.

I think it's just inappropriate a word use to use "Allah," in a Christian connotation and environment for a Christian. Let the dead bury the dead.

So then do you propose that Arabic speaking Christians, (who were around for centuries before Islam) stop using the word they have used for God since the first Arabic speaker converted to Christianity? Should they be required to use another language because another religion uses Allah?

I am fairly certain that most people in these times associate Allah with Islam due to the close relationship between Islam and the use of Arabic and the fact that a majority of Arabs worldwide are Muslims. Should we then ignore the Christian minority of Arabs, completely disregarding their own Christian heritage which stretches back as far or further than Rome's?

English is a language formed by the combination of the languages of pagan peoples, perhaps we should not use God, but Elohim from now on? Latin and Greek being right out, of course. But then the Hebrews were not always monotheistic either, there was a time before their covenant when they were polytheists. So what do we do now? There is no language with an "untainted" word for God.

The word you use is the word pagan Goths used for their many gods two thousand years ago. It is the same word an English speaking adherent to any theistic group may use for their god or gods.

Solon
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by Solon »

Mere_Christian wrote:Shalom means peace.

No different in saying it than saying goodbye in Italian or Spanish.

Allah is the name of the god of Islam.
Allah is a title, it means "The God" in the same way Elohim is not a name but a title and the same way God is a title.

YHWH is a name for God. Jehovah is a name for God. There is a traditional Muslim list of 99 names for God, not one of them is Allah.