Definition of Islam?

Post #1

Post by gabbeTroop »

How would you define Islam?

I would define Islam as
  • Religion of War
    Racist
    homophobic
    prejudicial (judge someone before met/talked to)
    liars
    murderers
    pedophillian
    practise slavery
probably more, if there is anything good about it, please tell me, i would love to be able to stay neutral on this one, but for now all they are evil...

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Definition of Islam?

Post #11

Post by McCulloch »

gabbeTroop wrote:How would you define Islam?

I would define Islam as
  • Religion of War
  • Racist
  • homophobic
  • prejudicial (judge someone before met/talked to)
  • liars
  • murderers
  • pedophillian
  • practice slavery
probably more, if there is anything good about it, please tell me, i would love to be able to stay neutral on this one, but for now all they are evil...
Sorry for jumping in late, but I do not agree that your list is a definition of Islam, but a list of attributes which may or may not describe Islam.

Islam is the monotheistic religion articulated by the Qur’an, and by the Prophet of Islam Muhammad's teachings and example (in Arabic called the Sunnah, demonstrated in collections of Hadith).

Is Islam a religion of war? Unlike Christianity and Buddhism, the founder of Islam actively engaged in warfare. But there is lots of warfare in the mythology of Judaism and Hinduism and people don't generally call them religions of war. Christianity has had more than its fair share of wars, so it is a religion of war too. Right?

Is Islam racist? Racism is rather clearly condemned in the Qur'an. Islam is open to all races. One can witness people from many of humanity's races during the Hajj.

Does Islam promote slavery? Some Christians less than 150 years ago were fighting a war to protect the practice of slavery. Is Christianity a religion of slavery? Slavery is nowhere condemned in the Christian holy books.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

gabbeTroop
Student

Post #12

Post by gabbeTroop »

Im atheist, I don`t defend christianity either, thats probably the worst religion. Just because others do the same thing doesn`t justify that Islam does it too. Just as you know I have aswell met muslims claiming im a human of lower worth because i am a "pig eater" and "inclean". Aswell wehn i say im not muslim i get thrown at me that im a racist against them.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by McCulloch »

gabbeTroop wrote: I'm atheist, I don't defend Christianity either, that's probably the worst religion. Just because others do the same thing doesn't justify that Islam does it too. Just as you know I have as well met Muslims claiming I'm a human of lower worth because i am a "pig eater" and "unclean". As well when I say I'm not Muslim I get thrown at me that I'm a racist against them.
How can you be racist against Islam? Islam is not a race. You can be prejudiced or discriminatory against Islam, but not racist.

But my point is that to consistently call Islam a religion of war, you would have to call Christianity and Judaism that as well. To call Islam a religion of slavery, you would have to call Christianity that as well. Neither slavery nor warfare define Christianity. They should not be used to define Islam.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

gabbeTroop
Student

Post #14

Post by gabbeTroop »

Im not racist against Islam!! I am being racisted by muslims!! well, probably some other words, thats another story..maybe discriminated.. :D sorry for my poor expression btw. Your right, Islam shouldn`t be defined as a religion of war, rather, religion should be associated with war...

Grim_railer
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Grim_railer »

my daddy hates dem niggerrs

Grim_railer
Banned
Banned

Re: Definition of Islam?

Post #16

Post by Grim_railer »

gabbeTroop wrote:How would you define Islam?

I would define Islam as
  • Religion of War
    Racist
    homophobic
    prejudicial (judge someone before met/talked to)
    liars
    murderers
    pedophillian
    practise slavery
Thats america you jew

otseng
Savant

Post #17

Post by otseng »

Grim_railer wrote:my daddy hates dem niggerrs

Moderator formal warning.

This would be considered an uncivil comment. Please read through the rules and abide by them.