Does it offend you, too?

Fatihah
Banned
Banned

Post #61

Post by Fatihah »

Goat wrote:
Fatihah wrote:
Response: So let's clarify. It is you who condones the disgusting idea of two people using each other sexuallly, as long as they consent. Yet you want us to believe that you are peaceful? Utter nonsense. Condoning degrading behavior just because people consent to it makes you degrading, not the other way around. Then to suggest the illogical idea that homosexuality is based on love without a shred of proof makes you look more absurd.
Yet, isn't that how much of Islamic culture treat their women?? They might yap about respect and that stuff, but they insist they wrap in burkas, they can't drive, their right to ride scooters get taken away in the Gaza strip, for example, and they are treated as second class citizens. They gets used as sex objects, and if they get raped, THEY get executed, not their attacker.

Pretty bad double standard there
Response: Yet in non-muslim cultures, rape, incest,theft, etc., is higher then the alleged islamic cultures you refer too. You're preaching a pretty bad double standard.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #62

Post by LiamOS »

[color=red]Fatihah[/color] wrote:You can't provide any hadith in which Aisha was barely post prepubescent either. Again, your logic fails.
I can't, but I can ask you what you think they were doing as husband and wife.
Playing scrabble?
[color=violet]Fatihah[/color] wrote:s for stating that no proof was presented to show that homosexuality is based on lust, post 53 proves to the contrary
Post 53 is a series of unevidenced assertions.
[color=violet]Fatihah[/color] wrote:as well as your inability to refute it.
You can't prove that leprechauns don't exist.
Since you've not responded to the questions, I went ahead and asked some homosexuals:
The question was this: "Do you think or feel that homosexual relationships are based solely on lust, or on love? Would you consider such love, if it is apparent on par with that of a heterosexual relationship?"
Please note that I corrected grammar, punctuation and spelling in some instances.
Stephanie, 18: "Yeah, of course its based on love, and of course its the same as heterosexual love."
Mícheál, 26: "I've felt love for lots of guys, and I'd like to think they felt the same for me."

There's also no way I'm giving out phone numbers or e-mail addresses, but I can arrange for you to discuss this matter with one or more homosexuals, should you wish.
[color=violet]Fatihah[/color] wrote:And you still can not show a person who gathered enough christians to conquer a nation because a book said so.
I've already responded: is there another way in which it could have started?
[color=green]Fatihah[/color] wrote: You couldn't even present the name of the person.
I doubt you could prove who started Islam.
In fact, I challenge you to prove who the founder of Islam was.
[color=orange]Fatihah[/color] wrote:Your logic continues to fail you.
You've already made numerable logical fallacies. I can point them out, if you so wish.

Fatihah
Banned
Banned

Post #63

Post by Fatihah »

AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=red]Fatihah[/color] wrote:You can't provide any hadith in which Aisha was barely post prepubescent either. Again, your logic fails.
I can't, but I can ask you what you think they were doing as husband and wife.
Playing scrabble?
[color=violet]Fatihah[/color] wrote:s for stating that no proof was presented to show that homosexuality is based on lust, post 53 proves to the contrary
Post 53 is a series of unevidenced assertions.
[color=violet]Fatihah[/color] wrote:as well as your inability to refute it.
You can't prove that leprechauns don't exist.
Since you've not responded to the questions, I went ahead and asked some homosexuals:
The question was this: "Do you think or feel that homosexual relationships are based solely on lust, or on love? Would you consider such love, if it is apparent on par with that of a heterosexual relationship?"
Please note that I corrected grammar, punctuation and spelling in some instances.
Stephanie, 18: "Yeah, of course its based on love, and of course its the same as heterosexual love."
Mícheál, 26: "I've felt love for lots of guys, and I'd like to think they felt the same for me."

There's also no way I'm giving out phone numbers or e-mail addresses, but I can arrange for you to discuss this matter with one or more homosexuals, should you wish.
[color=violet]Fatihah[/color] wrote:And you still can not show a person who gathered enough christians to conquer a nation because a book said so.
I've already responded: is there another way in which it could have started?
[color=green]Fatihah[/color] wrote: You couldn't even present the name of the person.
I doubt you could prove who started Islam.
In fact, I challenge you to prove who the founder of Islam was.
[color=orange]Fatihah[/color] wrote:Your logic continues to fail you.
You've already made numerable logical fallacies. I can point them out, if you so wish.
Response: In short, you acknowledge that you have no proof. I can only admire such humility. As for my proof of the founder of islam, that is exactly what I 've been proving to you when I asked for proof that it's humanly possible to gather enough followers to conquer a nation by force because a book says so. The logical answer which any reasonable can acknowledge is that such an act is impossible. For it is the non-muslim who claim's that this is what Muhammad did. And when you fail to present that proof, because you will, this leads to the question of how did Muhammad use the qur'an to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation when such an act is humanly impossible, then you come to learn the simple fact is because Muhammad was aided by a much higher power, who is Allah.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #64

Post by LiamOS »

I would like to ask that you address each point separately, and not to avoid my questions.
[color=orange]Fatihah[/color] wrote:As for my proof of the founder of islam, that is exactly what I 've been proving to you when I asked for proof that it's humanly possible to gather enough followers to conquer a nation by force because a book says so. The logical answer which any reasonable can acknowledge is that such an act is impossible. For it is the non-muslim who claim's that this is what Muhammad did. And when you fail to present that proof, because you will, this leads to the question of how did Muhammad use the qur'an to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation when such an act is humanly impossible, then you come to learn the simple fact is because Muhammad was aided by a much higher power, who is Allah.
Christianity has won as many wars as Islam. Why is this?
Also, the crusades lasted far too long for the Muslims to have been aided by a God.

You also completely avoided the actual question, which was essentially "How do you know Muhammad founded Islam?"

You're arguing from popularity, but ignoring the popularity of others. This is a combination of tunnel vision and a logical fallacy.
[color=yellow]Fatihah[/color] wrote:In short, you acknowledge that you have no proof. I can only admire such humility.
But not enough to admit your lack of proof, too?
You've evidenced nothing.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #65

Post by Goat »

Fatihah wrote:
Response: In short, you acknowledge that you have no proof. I can only admire such humility. As for my proof of the founder of islam, that is exactly what I 've been proving to you when I asked for proof that it's humanly possible to gather enough followers to conquer a nation by force because a book says so. The logical answer which any reasonable can acknowledge is that such an act is impossible. For it is the non-muslim who claim's that this is what Muhammad did. And when you fail to present that proof, because you will, this leads to the question of how did Muhammad use the qur'an to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation when such an act is humanly impossible, then you come to learn the simple fact is because Muhammad was aided by a much higher power, who is Allah.
I change you to prove that "muhammad was aided by Allah', rather than just use a bunch of holy books making the claim

As for love verses lust in homosexual marriage, how do you explain that gays would want to get married at all?

How do you explain the homosexual couple that got married in Canada s when they legalized gay marriage that had been together 60 years?

http://www.cpcsm.org/Programs_Relationships.htm
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Fatihah
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by Fatihah »

AkiThePirate wrote:I would like to ask that you address each point separately, and not to avoid my questions.
[color=orange]Fatihah[/color] wrote:As for my proof of the founder of islam, that is exactly what I 've been proving to you when I asked for proof that it's humanly possible to gather enough followers to conquer a nation by force because a book says so. The logical answer which any reasonable can acknowledge is that such an act is impossible. For it is the non-muslim who claim's that this is what Muhammad did. And when you fail to present that proof, because you will, this leads to the question of how did Muhammad use the qur'an to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation when such an act is humanly impossible, then you come to learn the simple fact is because Muhammad was aided by a much higher power, who is Allah.
Christianity has won as many wars as Islam. Why is this?
Also, the crusades lasted far too long for the Muslims to have been aided by a God.

You also completely avoided the actual question, which was essentially "How do you know Muhammad founded Islam?"

You're arguing from popularity, but ignoring the popularity of others. This is a combination of tunnel vision and a logical fallacy.
[color=yellow]Fatihah[/color] wrote:In short, you acknowledge that you have no proof. I can only admire such humility.
But not enough to admit your lack of proof, too?
You've evidenced nothing.
Response: And once again, you dodge the question. Even sadder when you try to make it appear that it is I. Again, name a person who gathered enough christians to conquer a nation by force because a book said so. What is the person's name? A very simple question, yet you've dodged it over and over again. Once again proving your denial to the fact that the qur'an and the religion of islam originated with Allah. Your dodging of such a simple question to back up your claim is clearly evident.

Fatihah
Banned
Banned

Post #67

Post by Fatihah »

Goat wrote:
Fatihah wrote:
I change you to prove that "muhammad was aided by Allah', rather than just use a bunch of holy books making the claim

As for love verses lust in homosexual marriage, how do you explain that gays would want to get married at all?

How do you explain the homosexual couple that got married in Canada s when they legalized gay marriage that had been together 60 years?

http://www.cpcsm.org/Programs_Relationships.htm
Response: Addressing your challenge, the proof is in the challenge which I've presented. Prove that it is possible for a person to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation because a book says so. When you fail to do so, then you'll conclude that Muhammad's conquest was due to the aid of Allah.

As for hosexuals getting married, there's nothing to explain. Two homosexuals want to get married. It's self -explanatory to me. What exactly do you wish for me to elaborate on?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #68

Post by Goat »

Fatihah wrote: Response: And once again, you dodge the question. Even sadder when you try to make it appear that it is I. Again, name a person who gathered enough christians to conquer a nation by force because a book said so. What is the person's name? A very simple question, yet you've dodged it over and over again. Once again proving your denial to the fact that the qur'an and the religion of islam originated with Allah. Your dodging of such a simple question to back up your claim is clearly evident.
Have Allah show up here, and discuss the matter.. and I will be glad to discuss it with him.

For that matter, you can arrange for him to come to my house in person.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Fatihah
Banned
Banned

Post #69

Post by Fatihah »

Goat wrote:
Fatihah wrote: Response: And once again, you dodge the question. Even sadder when you try to make it appear that it is I. Again, name a person who gathered enough christians to conquer a nation by force because a book said so. What is the person's name? A very simple question, yet you've dodged it over and over again. Once again proving your denial to the fact that the qur'an and the religion of islam originated with Allah. Your dodging of such a simple question to back up your claim is clearly evident.
Have Allah show up here, and discuss the matter.. and I will be glad to discuss it with him.

Response: Allah does not cater to those who do not serve Him.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #70

Post by Goat »

Fatihah wrote:
Goat wrote:

Response: Allah does not cater to his servants.
Could it be that you can't, because, well, like all Gods, Allah hides? If you can't produce someone to say 'talk to him about it', then your response was meaningless rhetoric.

You claimed that 'The Quran and the religion of Islam originated with Allah'. I challenge you to prove that. Prove that there is an Allah to have originated the Quran, and it is just not the mind of man.

Steven Novella