Moderator: Moderators

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

How can the truth debate a liar?

Post #1

Post by bjhulk »

How can the truth debate a liar?

The object of debating is to win the debate, otherwise there's no point in it. It's always about someone's opinion against the opinion of another person. Opinions have no truth in them and that's why argument is needed.

Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth. Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures. The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.

Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth. No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.

If the truth walks into a room full of liars, all the liars will suspect the truth to be the liar. If a liar walks into a room full of people with the truth, the liar would be detected immediately but the liar still wouldn't be able to detect the truth.

Most of you members are falsely accusing me and that's disobeying the commandment to not bear false witness against your neighbor. That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth. You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.

I came here to preach the gospel, which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth. If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven. Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.

Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life. You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: How can the truth debate a liar?

Post #2

Post by bernee51 »

bjhulk wrote:How can the truth debate a liar?
How do you know what is truth?
bjhulk wrote: The object of debating is to win the debate, otherwise there's no point in it.
The object of debate is to learn.

bjhulk wrote: It's always about someone's opinion against the opinion of another person. Opinions have no truth in them and that's why argument is needed.
We are merely atoms and space, all the rest is opinion.

bjhulk wrote:Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth. Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures. The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.
And how do you recognise a sinless saint.

I know I am most definately sinless, but I'm not sure about the saint part.
bjhulk wrote: Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth. No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.
it is a good thing then that I am not a sinner.
bjhulk wrote: Most of you members are falsely accusing me ...
Of what have you been falsely accused?

bjhulk wrote: That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth. You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.
Which god and what commandments?
bjhulk wrote: I came here to preach the gospel,...
Then you have come to the wrong place.
bjhulk wrote: If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven.
I certainly reject the gospel as god's word, I don't reject god however. How can something that does not exist, other than as a concept, be rejected?

I reject the notion that your god concept reflects an extant reality - other than to you.
bjhulk wrote: .... your spirit will be saved from your flesh.
That bit I can agree with...but not for the same reasons as you.

bjhulk wrote: Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life. You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.
Seeing I am not a sinner, I must understand the truth.

Truth is a pathless land.

May you be happy, kind, loving and peaceful.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by bjhulk »

bernee51 wrote:
bjhulk wrote: The object of debating is to win the debate, otherwise there's no point in it.

bjhulk wrote: It's always about someone's opinion against the opinion of another person. Opinions have no truth in them and that's why argument is needed.

bjhulk wrote:Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth. Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures. The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.

bjhulk wrote: Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth. No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.

bjhulk wrote: That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth. You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.
bjhulk wrote: If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven.
I certainly reject the gospel as god's word, I don't reject god however. How can something that does not exist, other than as a concept, be rejected?

I reject the notion that your god concept reflects an extant reality - other than to you.

bjhulk wrote: Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life. You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.

Your mind is not influenced by the truth so you're just a sinner who can't understand the ways of God. Arguing with someone like you is like going out to the junk pile and arguing with a broken fifty year old record player.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by bernee51 »

bjhulk wrote:
bernee51 wrote:

Your mind is not influenced by the truth so you're just a sinner who can't understand the ways of God. Arguing with someone like you is like going out to the junk pile and arguing with a broken fifty year old record player.
So I take it you do not know how to tell what is truth.

And you cannot recognise the sinless.

I told you I was not a sinner - it is impossible for me to be a sinner - yet you do not see it.

I am not seeking to argue with you...you, by your own words, would appear to have no wish to learn.

may you be happy, peaceful. loving and kind.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by bjhulk »

bernee51 wrote:
bjhulk wrote:
bernee51 wrote:

I told you I was not a sinner - it is impossible for me to be a sinner - yet you do not see it.

I am not seeking to argue with you...you, by your own words, would appear to have no wish to learn.

I instantly know who a liar is but try convince a liar that he's liar. I know you're a sinners but to convince you of that, you'd have to be a chosen one of God's.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by bernee51 »

bjhulk wrote:
bernee51 wrote:
bjhulk wrote:
bernee51 wrote:

I instantly know who a liar is but try convince a liar that he's liar.
I did not ask if you knew what a liar is...do you have to be one to know one?
bjhulk wrote:
I know you're a sinners but to convince you of that,...
I told you I was not a sinner - it is impossible for me to be one. Are you interested to know why?
bjhulk wrote: ....you'd have to be a chosen one of God's.
So you say. But you are clearly struggling with knowledge of the truth.

Nisargadatta Maharaj

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by bjhulk »

bernee51 wrote:
bjhulk wrote:
bernee51 wrote:
bjhulk wrote:
bernee51 wrote:

I instantly know who a liar is but try convince a liar that he's liar.
I did not ask if you knew what a liar is...do you have to be one to know one?
bjhulk wrote:
I know you're a sinners but to convince you of that,...
I told you I was not a sinner - it is impossible for me to be one. Are you interested to know why?
bjhulk wrote: ....you'd have to be a chosen one of God's.
So you say. But you are clearly struggling with knowledge of the truth.
When you have the truth, you know what lies are. You're a sinner who has no idea what the truth is. If you knew the truth, then you would know me.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:
bjhulk wrote: How can the truth debate a liar?
My preference would be for "truth" to show "he's" just that.
For some. For others it's a search for the truth in claims - win or lose.
Fair 'nuff.
bjhulk wrote: Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth.
I'm unaware of any evidence from which we can conclude a god has opinions regarding "sin".
bjhulk wrote: Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures.
Oh, you've just gotta go to the Theology Doctrine & Dogma section. There's interpretin' galore a'goin' on there.
bjhulk wrote: The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.
Please present supporting data for analysis.
bjhulk wrote: Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth.
Is this "truth" or is it opinion?
bjhulk wrote: No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.
If you're hearing the voice of God, and He sounds like Morgan Freemen, I have some news that may be a bit unsettlin'.
bjhulk wrote: If the truth walks into a room full of liars, all the liars will suspect the truth to be the liar. If a liar walks into a room full of people with the truth, the liar would be detected immediately but the liar still wouldn't be able to detect the truth.
Please explain how it is we can confirm it ain't you that's confused.
bjhulk wrote: Most of you members are falsely accusing me and that's disobeying the commandment to not bear false witness against your neighbor...
That's rich, given your above assertions.
bjhulk wrote: ...That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth...
I'll comment on this'n after we find out if ain't you that's the one confused.
bjhulk wrote: You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.
What's God's commandment on making assertions in debate without actually offering support for those assertions?
bjhulk wrote: I came here to preach the gospel...
And a'preachin' you've been a'doin'. Does preachin' mean you don't hafta actually support your assertions, or does preachin' mean you'll actually try to support your assertions?
bjhulk wrote: ...which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth.
Let me guess, you've got a hotline to God.
Well then, there's no sense in asking for forgiveness now, is there?

Reckon I'll just turn the blasphemin' up to 11.
bjhulk wrote: Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.
Now, was that the voice of Morgan Freeman, or do you actually have some means to confirm the veracity of your statement?
bjhulk wrote: Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life.
I can't escape thinkin' the lying's still a'goin' on.
bjhulk wrote: You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.
I need another irony meter, mine just busted.

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Baz »

bjhulk I came here to preach the gospel.
That is really a shame. :( I came to follow and sometimes take part in religious debate, I think you may have difficulty in finding anybody who came to be preached at. But I am relatively new myself and could be wrong.
Question to all..... Anybody want to be preached at?
:whistle:
\"Give me a good question over a good answer anyday.\"

Adamoriens
Sage

Post #10

Post by Adamoriens »

bjhulk wrote: When you have the truth, you know what lies are. You're a sinner who has no idea what the truth is. If you knew the truth, then you would know me.
The last sentence is a paraphrase of John 14:7. It appears you are confusing yourself with Jesus of Nazareth. Are you a megalomaniac?