Moderator: Moderators

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

How can the truth debate a liar?

Post #1

Post by bjhulk »

How can the truth debate a liar?

The object of debating is to win the debate, otherwise there's no point in it. It's always about someone's opinion against the opinion of another person. Opinions have no truth in them and that's why argument is needed.

Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth. Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures. The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.

Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth. No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.

If the truth walks into a room full of liars, all the liars will suspect the truth to be the liar. If a liar walks into a room full of people with the truth, the liar would be detected immediately but the liar still wouldn't be able to detect the truth.

Most of you members are falsely accusing me and that's disobeying the commandment to not bear false witness against your neighbor. That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth. You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.

I came here to preach the gospel, which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth. If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven. Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.

Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life. You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by bjhulk »

JoeyKnothead wrote:From the OP:
bjhulk wrote: How can the truth debate a liar?
My preference would be for "truth" to show "he's" just that.
bjhulk wrote: The object of debating is to win the debate, otherwise there's no point in it.
For some. For others it's a search for the truth in claims - win or lose.
bjhulk wrote: It's always about someone's opinion against the opinion of another person. Opinions have no truth in them and that's why argument is needed.
Fair 'nuff.
bjhulk wrote: Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth.
I'm unaware of any evidence from which we can conclude a god has opinions regarding "sin".
bjhulk wrote: Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures.
Oh, you've just gotta go to the Theology Doctrine & Dogma section. There's interpretin' galore a'goin' on there.
bjhulk wrote: The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.
Please present supporting data for analysis.
bjhulk wrote: Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth.
Is this "truth" or is it opinion?
bjhulk wrote: No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.
If you're hearing the voice of God, and He sounds like Morgan Freemen, I have some news that may be a bit unsettlin'.
bjhulk wrote: If the truth walks into a room full of liars, all the liars will suspect the truth to be the liar. If a liar walks into a room full of people with the truth, the liar would be detected immediately but the liar still wouldn't be able to detect the truth.
Please explain how it is we can confirm it ain't you that's confused.
bjhulk wrote: Most of you members are falsely accusing me and that's disobeying the commandment to not bear false witness against your neighbor...
That's rich, given your above assertions.
bjhulk wrote: ...That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth...
I'll comment on this'n after we find out if ain't you that's the one confused.
bjhulk wrote: You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.
What's God's commandment on making assertions in debate without actually offering support for those assertions?
bjhulk wrote: I came here to preach the gospel...
And a'preachin' you've been a'doin'. Does preachin' mean you don't hafta actually support your assertions, or does preachin' mean you'll actually try to support your assertions?
bjhulk wrote: ...which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth.
Let me guess, you've got a hotline to God.
bjhulk wrote: If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven.
Well then, there's no sense in asking for forgiveness now, is there?

Reckon I'll just turn the blasphemin' up to 11.
bjhulk wrote: Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.
Now, was that the voice of Morgan Freeman, or do you actually have some means to confirm the veracity of your statement?
bjhulk wrote: Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life.
I can't escape thinkin' the lying's still a'goin' on.
bjhulk wrote: You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.
I need another irony meter, mine just busted.
You might as well use scriptures and go debate in the theology section with the Christians. No one would notice the difference.

TheParticlePerson
Scholar

Post #12

Post by TheParticlePerson »

Proselytizing is fun and all, but this isn't really the place for it.

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by bjhulk »

TheParticlePerson wrote:Proselytizing is fun and all, but this isn't really the place for it.
This lie of yours is getting old. Many Christians use this lie to avoid the truth. The truth exposes the lies of sinners because they don't know it's the truth. They act better in church because they don't want to any of their fellow Christians to know how they act. But on these forums, they act like any other sinner and judge God. That's okay, you're going to die for being a sinner.

Darias
Guru

Re: How can the truth debate a liar?

Post #14

Post by Darias »

bjhulk wrote:How can the truth debate a liar?

The object of debating is to win the debate, otherwise there's no point in it. It's always about someone's opinion against the opinion of another person. Opinions have no truth in them and that's why argument is needed.

Christians reach for their Bibles as evidence but all Christians are sinners who can't speak the truth. Without the truth in them, they can't interpret the scriptures. The only one who can interpret the scriptures is God and he uses his sinless saints to do that with.

Sinners can't detect the difference between a saint and a normal person so they have to resort to lies and opinions that have nothing to do with the truth. No matter what words the truth inspires, the sinning Christian doubts the voice of God so it's impossible for the truth to debate a liar.

If the truth walks into a room full of liars, all the liars will suspect the truth to be the liar. If a liar walks into a room full of people with the truth, the liar would be detected immediately but the liar still wouldn't be able to detect the truth.

Most of you members are falsely accusing me and that's disobeying the commandment to not bear false witness against your neighbor. That proves your a sinner who can't speak the truth. You can't love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul or love your neighbor as yourself when you disobey the other commandments of God.

I came here to preach the gospel, which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth. If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven. Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.

Many of you will doubt this salvation for all God's people because you were lied to all your life. You didn't have the truth in you to tell you any different. So because of your sinful flesh, you cannot understand the truth and that's why you need to debate.
Yeah that is a really good question. How can someone who claims to think and speak God's truth (i.e. You) convince anyone of the truth if everyone is a sinner?

What would make them sinless so that they could understand the truth? Do they have to believe that you are who you say you are, in order for them to be saved?

Do you realize that even if you are "truth incarnate," even if you think God is using your brain and that every thought, no matter how good or evil, that comes out of your mind is God's Word -- no one will believe you...

... not because they are scared, not because they have fear, not because they hate you, not because they are liars --- but because by your own logic "they cannot see the truth."

If God wanted them to see the truth, he would have appeared to them as you claim he appeared to you -- but God did not.

Obviously that means that you are the only person on the earth, out of billions of billions of people who think that they are God, that they are Truth, that they are a sinless prophet.

If no one believes you, and if you have no proof, and if your teachings make no sense, and if no one can feel and experience things the way you can...

.. Don't you think that means that maybe you aren't God? Maybe you are just a human being like the rest of us? I think you are just a person, a person who has a family that loves you -- a person who's job is to love them, and to be responsible with your health.

Stop using all your time and energy to tell your message to people who can't understand it -- go spend your time with your family.

TheParticlePerson
Scholar

Post #15

Post by TheParticlePerson »

bjhulk wrote:
TheParticlePerson wrote:Proselytizing is fun and all, but this isn't really the place for it.
This lie of yours is getting old. Many Christians use this lie to avoid the truth. The truth exposes the lies of sinners because they don't know it's the truth. They act better in church because they don't want to any of their fellow Christians to know how they act. But on these forums, they act like any other sinner and judge God. That's okay, you're going to die for being a sinner.
How is that relevant to you proselytizing on a debate forum?

cnorman18

Post #16

Post by cnorman18 »

MODERATOR FORMAL WARNING

Insults are not permitted on this forum, even if you believe them to be true and accurate. It is not acceptable to call another member a liar.

In this case, the statement you call a "lie" is in fact the truth; this is Guideline #5 from the Guidelines for the Christianity & Apologetics subforum:

"5. Please avoid "preaching" and using the forum as simply a way to blast people with the gospel message. This is a debating forum, not a convenient place to overtly proselytize."

Therefore, TheParticlePerson's statement was true and accurate; this is NOT the place for proselytizing.

Please bear in mind that you may not dispute a moderator's intervention on the forum. You may send me a PM.

Do not do this again.

bjhulk wrote:

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

bjhulk wrote: I came here to preach the gospel, which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth. If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven. Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.

If you want to promote your beliefs here bjhulk try not to get yourself banned. Personally I love nothing better than a good discussion with a fire-and-brimstone fundamentalist but empty insults will get you banned from the forum before you can carry out your mission.

You say you came to preach the Gospel and as it turns out I have actually read the Gospels, along with the rest of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. So let's discuss the Gospels, and maybe some few references to Acts thrown in as well. The core of Christian belief revolves around the implicit understanding that Jesus died on a Friday, was resurrected from the dead on Sunday morning, and that some six weeks later he physically flew up into the sky and disappeared into the clouds. In other words, your core belief is predicated on a flying reanimated corpse. Do you consider this a reasonable thing, not only to believe in yourself, but to present to others as fully true and credible? Can you see how holding and promoting such a belief might tend to compromise your personal credibility with someone who does not automatically share your belief in flying reanimated corpses?

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by bjhulk »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:
bjhulk wrote: I came here to preach the gospel, which is the law and commandments of God that comes from the knowledge of God, also known as the truth. If you reject the gospel, you are committing blaspheme which is never forgiven. Fortunately, the law and commandments only condemn the flesh to death so once you die, your spirit will be saved from your flesh.

If you want to promote your beliefs here bjhulk try not to get yourself banned. Personally I love nothing better than a good discussion with a fire-and-brimstone fundamentalist but empty insults will get you banned from the forum before you can carry out your mission.

You say you came to preach the Gospel and as it turns out I have actually read the Gospels, along with the rest of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. So let's discuss the Gospels, and maybe some few references to Acts thrown in as well. The core of Christian belief revolves around the implicit understanding that Jesus died on a Friday, was resurrected from the dead on Sunday morning, and that some six weeks later he physically flew up into the sky and disappeared into the clouds. In other words, your core belief is predicated on a flying reanimated corpse. Do you consider this a reasonable thing, not only to believe in yourself, but to present to others as fully true and credible? Can you see how holding and promoting such a belief might tend to compromise your personal credibility with someone who does not automatically share your belief in flying reanimated corpses?
I don't insult anyone. I rebuke their lies so they have a chance to hear the truth instead of listening to their lies and other lies around them. It doesn't work with most sinners but that doesn't matter to me. They weren't chosen to hear the voice of God.

I don't discuss the lies that were added to the scriptures but if you're willing to listen the true gospel, I'll gladly preach him to you. Only sinless saints and Jesus are able to preach the voice of God.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #19

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

bjhulk wrote: I don't discuss the lies that were added to the scriptures but if you're willing to listen the true gospel, I'll gladly preach him to you. Only sinless saints and Jesus are able to preach the voice of God.
Do you consider yourself to be sinless? That's interesting. A discussion requires that each side listen to the other side's position, if only for the purpose of correcting them through fact and evidence. That's when you will have your opportunity to preach what you believe. As I already pointed out, you believe that a reanimated corpse flew up into the sky and disappeared into the clouds, do you not? Can you at least understand why a reasonable person might find such a story and such a belief to be both unrealistic and absurd? If at any time during the course of our discussion you feel the need to hurl bile and invective at me, please do it as a private message and not publicly on the forum. I promise not to rat you out to the authorities.

bjhulk
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by bjhulk »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:
bjhulk wrote: I don't discuss the lies that were added to the scriptures but if you're willing to listen the true gospel, I'll gladly preach him to you. Only sinless saints and Jesus are able to preach the voice of God.
Do you consider yourself to be sinless? That's interesting. A discussion requires that each side listen to the other side's position, if only for the purpose of correcting them through fact and evidence. That's when you will have your opportunity to preach what you believe. As I already pointed out, you believe that a reanimated corpse flew up into the sky and disappeared into the clouds, do you not? Can you at least understand why a reasonable person might find such a story and such a belief to be both unrealistic and absurd? If at any time during the course of our discussion you feel the need to hurl bile and invective at me, please do it as a private message and not publicly on the forum. I promise not to rat you out to the authorities.
You sinners just don't get it, do you? Sinners can't speak the truth so that makes them liars. How can a liar make his lies change the truth?