Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Jesus Healed Peoply Miraculuously

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 82, here:
Moses Yoder wrote: Yes, He [Jesus] healed people miraculously.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm Jesus healed anyone, miraculously or not.

I remind folks of the rules regarding biblical quotatin' within this subforoom.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Flail

Post #21

Post by Flail »

Moses Yoder wrote:Jesus healed me. I'm sure you are going to ask for my doctor's file on me; it is about 3" thick by now, and there is no way you are going to see it. I had the doctors stumped for a year and a half, when Jesus finally led them in the right direction with an innocuous comment from my wife. I came very close to losing my family, which is really everything I have, and was miraculously saved from that loss.
Why was it, do you suppose, that you were saved, when so many others, Christians, Muslims, atheists alike suffer horribly in sickness and death? What's so special about you? It seems to me you have been sold into an idea that life is all about you, when Jesus message was that your life should be all about 'others'. I think your Christian indoctrinated ego might be self deluding.
Last edited by Flail on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by Goat »

Flail wrote:
Moses Yoder wrote:Jesus healed me. I'm sure you are going to ask for my doctor's file on me; it is about 3" thick by now, and there is no way you are going to see it. I had the doctors stumped for a year and a half, when Jesus finally led them in the right direction with an innocuous comment from my wife. I came very close to losing my family, which is really everything I have, and was miraculously saved from that loss.
Why was it, do you suppose, that you were saved, when so many others, Christians, Muslims, atheists alike suffer horribly in sickness and death? What's so special about you?
And even more, why do so many atheists, Christans and Muslims don't get sick to begin with?? Or recover a lot sooner?

I mean, couldn't the DOCTOR have something to do with it?
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Mr.Badham
Sage

Post #23

Post by Mr.Badham »

I'm curious as to why Jesus would heal anyone. If he didn't want you to be sick, why were you? I don't understand what is so great about being healed, when the alternative is heaven.

Would faith not suggest that no matter what happens, it is God's will, and you should be happy with it? Is God in control or is God not in control?

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by Lux »

:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Joey,

As you already know, it is against the rules to challenge or respond to moderator action in public. You've been around the block enough times to remember this fact, so the only conclusion I can draw is that you're purposefully disregarding the rules.

I understand that you're in disagreement with our rulings in the matter of rule #5, which is understandable, but do keep in mind that several of us have repeatedly voted on this matter. As I've told other users before, if 7 individuals with different points of view and convictions disagree with you, you might just want to consider the possibility that it is you who is mistaken.

Furthermore, I do not believe we have ever ignored or failed to respond to your PMs when you have sent them objecting to moderator actions or requesting an explanation, so I don't see any justification for not going that route and responding in public instead.

You know the rules and you know the consequences of not following them. Please don't make the mistake of thinking that we will overlook violations if they come from long-time members.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
[center]Image

© Divine Insight (Thanks!)[/center]

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.