Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Name as Link?

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Oh Great otseng, coder of code, leader of us and so many others...

I was wondering if within the threads, we could have the names of posters presented as links to their information page, to facilitate both donating and better understanding of the individual concerned.

Or maybe just a link within the user's side panel information.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Re: Name as Link?

Post #2

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

JoeyKnothead wrote:Oh Great otseng, coder of code, leader of us and so many others...

I was wondering if within the threads, we could have the names of posters presented as links to their information page, to facilitate both donating and better understanding of the individual concerned.

I concur with the request. As it is, a direct link to the user's public profile is only available if the user happens to have made the latest post in a sub-forum and it is only available that way at the highest index level of the forums. It is possible to go to Memberlist and hunt down the user but by then you have either forgotten the user name or the reason you wanted them, since you have to leave the post of interest to go to Memberlist.
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

JoeyKnothead wrote:Oh Great otseng, coder of code, leader of us and so many others...

You can get to the person's profile by clicking on the Image button on the bottom of their post.

Originally there was a link to donate in the side panel, but I removed it since it was a little bit confusing with the MPG donation link there also. If people think it should be placed back, I can do that.

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

otseng wrote:

You can get to the person's profile by clicking on the Image button on the bottom of their post.

Originally there was a link to donate in the side panel, but I removed it since it was a little bit confusing with the MPG donation link there also. If people think it should be placed back, I can do that.
Wow I never saw that! Thanks!
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

otseng wrote:

My stupidity is only exceeded by my dooficity :)
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin