print size

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Baz
Site Supporter

print size

Post #1

Post by Baz »

Recently ( probably some months) the print on this site alone has become smaller than on others!
Is this likely to be something I have done or is it a change on the site?
In any case is there any way to make it bigger?
(Not the best at computers to put it mildly.)
\"Give me a good question over a good answer anyday.\"

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Just tried printing this page, and it looks fine to me.

How are you printing it? Anybody else having problems with it?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

I think perhaps he means font size...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Baz »

Yes sorry I did mean font size. I can copy and enlarge etc. but my standard view of the pages on line now are smaller than other sites.

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Baz »

Ok so now I’m a bit confused…. :confused2: I have logged into the site directly from the internet and got the full size text. The small text still comes up if I access the site via the email link that appliers when I get a notification! Must be some setting on my email but all other links remain the same.
:roll:
and I can put the emoticons in the text again.
:roll:
that stopped working on the small text pages too.

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

You can change the font size in your browser menu bar. Something like "View - Zoom In".

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

otseng wrote:You can change the font size in your browser menu bar. Something like "View - Zoom In".
If you are using MS Internet Explorer, there should be a control in the lower right corner for zooming in and out with + or percentage numbers. I do not find a comparable control for Firefox but you can set a default font and size on Tools, Options, Content. Make sure to uncheck letting pages do it themselves.

Ctrl + and Ctrl - work on both IE and Firefox. If you have a mouse wheel, you can hold down Ctrl and roll the wheel up for zoom in and down for zoom out. Likewise both IE and Firefox. But it seems only IE has an easy way to get back to 100% (lower right corner control).
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Baz »

ThatGirlAgain wrote:
otseng wrote:You can change the font size in your browser menu bar. Something like "View - Zoom In".
If you are using MS Internet Explorer, there should be a control in the lower right corner for zooming in and out with + or percentage numbers. I do not find a comparable control for Firefox but you can set a default font and size on Tools, Options, Content. Make sure to uncheck letting pages do it themselves.

Ctrl + and Ctrl - work on both IE and Firefox. If you have a mouse wheel, you can hold down Ctrl and roll the wheel up for zoom in and down for zoom out. Likewise both IE and Firefox. But it seems only IE has an easy way to get back to 100% (lower right corner control).
Hip Hip and all that, ctrl + works for me.
(should have finished that IT course…. 4 days and quitting because I was fed up with being told how to turn it on and off probably wasn’t enough.)

And thanks.
Barry

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

Baz wrote:
ThatGirlAgain wrote:

Hip Hip and all that, ctrl + works for me.
(should have finished that IT course…. 4 days and quitting because I was fed up with being told how to turn it on and off probably wasn’t enough.)

And thanks.
Barry
Just as well. They would probably have told you to use the Page drop down (upper right area on IE) and Text Size. This only works if the web page you are on is willing to cooperate, which is rarely. I learned most of these 'elementary' :roll: things by poking around. My Dad thought his old computer would be a good 8th birthday present for me. It was. :D
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell