Tolerant, Respectful, and Civil

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

EduChris
Prodigy

Tolerant, Respectful, and Civil

Post #1

Post by EduChris »

If anyone is placed on probation, they should forfeit their membership in the Tolerant, Respectful, and Civil usergroup at least until such time as their probation is over.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Sounds reasonable to me.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Good idea. I always thought it was redundant on a site dedicated to such anyway. I'll be removing myself here directly.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

lol, looks like I was removed already.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

DiscipleOfTruth
Scholar

Post #5

Post by DiscipleOfTruth »

I completely disagree, it should be on a case by case basis. In honest person can slip up and lie intentionally or unintentionally every once and a while, but so long as their trying to minimize their lying as much as they can, they're still considered honest. It doesn't require a lot of acts of violation to be placed on probation or even banned, what is taking into consideration when putting people on probation or banning them is the seriousness of their offences. Therefore it becomes more of a quality over quantity type of deal where the person is labeled an extremist based on how serious the offences are, not the amounts. For all we know the worst of the worst people who came here could of chosen this as one of a few places to express their selves while showing to be respectful, tolerant, and civil in every other aspect of thier life. But that's just something that we'll probably never know about them.

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

I've updated the description to say that anyone on probationary status will be automatically removed from the group.
JoeyKnothead wrote:I always thought it was redundant on a site dedicated to such anyway.
I actually agree. Zzyzx was actually the one that originated the group. But, I have since inherited the group since he's no longer here.
DiscipleOfTruth wrote:I completely disagree, it should be on a case by case basis. In honest person can slip up and lie intentionally or unintentionally every once and a while, but so long as their trying to minimize their lying as much as they can, they're still considered honest.
Yes, that's true. But, generally it's clear when something is an honest mistake or a blatant violation of the rules.
It doesn't require a lot of acts of violation to be placed on probation or even banned, what is taking into consideration when putting people on probation or banning them is the seriousness of their offences.
Technically, yes. Practically though it takes effort to get placed on probation. If you peruse the probation list, you'll see that often it's more than two violations that they've had. And the violations are either quite serious or repeated violations.