Can't disable email notifications

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

FaerieStories
Student

Can't disable email notifications

Post #1

Post by FaerieStories »

My email is being spammed by notifications every time someone responds to a post of mine. I tried to disable this in the preferences by selecting 'no' to email notifications, but it doesn't seem to have worked as I am still getting them.

Any ideas? :-k
"If men were ever in a state in which they did not want to know or could not perceive truth (facts or evidence), then Fantasy would languish until they were cured." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Jzyehoshua
Apprentice

Post #11

Post by Jzyehoshua »

Hmm... so there is no way for me to stop getting spammed by all those emails then apart from some kind of email filter. I also don't want to remove them from the Watched Topics page as it's very useful in showing last posters, but I can't stand the spam either. I'll have to figure out this filter concept I suppose.

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

General information:

To make sure you do not get ANY email notifications for posts made by other people, there are three things to check.

Profile Settings
Notification
Set ‘Always notify me of replies’ to No

Home
Subscribed Topics
Select any Topics listed (check box on right)
Click on ‘Stop watching the selected topics’ button
(You can also do the equivalent from the Watched Topics link)

When posting on a thread
Make sure ‘Notify me when a reply is posted’ checkbox is not checked

NOTE: You will no longer have any Watched Topics. If you want Watched Topics, you will get emails.
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

Jzyehoshua
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Jzyehoshua »

ThatGirlAgain wrote: General information:

To make sure you do not get ANY email notifications for posts made by other people, there are three things to check.

Profile Settings
Notification
Set ‘Always notify me of replies’ to No

Home
Subscribed Topics
Select any Topics listed (check box on right)
Click on ‘Stop watching the selected topics’ button
(You can also do the equivalent from the Watched Topics link)

When posting on a thread
Make sure ‘Notify me when a reply is posted’ checkbox is not checked

NOTE: You will no longer have any Watched Topics. If you want Watched Topics, you will get emails.
Ah, alright, thank you, I wouldn't have found that. I had tried changing the Digests settings, hoping that would work, and it didn't.