My sub group...

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

ttruscott
Site Supporter

My sub group...

Post #1

Post by ttruscott »

Under my name, the mention of my sub group: Believes in Pre-existence, is there twice.

As well, when in the editor, when I go outside the edit box to change a colour or whatever, when I get back in, the cursor jumps all around and ends up back at the start, often highlighting all inbetween which gets changed or deleted if I am not careful. Since it only happens here and is a new thing, I wonder if the problem is at your end?

Thanks so much,

Ted

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

The subgroup error is weird... But awesome.

As far as the editor goes, what happens if you select a portion of text and then set the colour?
It could be a twitchy mouse, or a browser issue.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

AkiThePirate wrote: The subgroup error is weird... But awesome.

As far as the editor goes, what happens if you select a portion of text and then set the colour?
It could be a twitchy mouse, or a browser issue.

ok

here goes....

1. highlight "here goes...."

2. go to default coor for blue annnnnnnd it worked! arrrghhhhhh.

3.highlight point 3.

Ok, when I clicked the cursor to just past 3. my point of vew went to the top but the cursor stayed at the end of 3 [/color]

4. high light from OK, to here!
[/color] when I clicked just past [/color] here and moved it up one line as a highlight, the cursor jumped to the start of 1. here goes... and highlighted everything in between.

I don't see it with B or I or quote, just color, just here, just recently, same browser. :) And I'm on 5-6 forums each day with no problems.

Ted

otseng
Savant

Re: My sub group...

Post #4

Post by otseng »

ttruscott wrote: Under my name, the mention of my sub group: Believes in Pre-existence, is there twice.
Fixed.
As well, when in the editor, when I go outside the edit box to change a colour or whatever, when I get back in, the cursor jumps all around and ends up back at the start, often highlighting all inbetween which gets changed or deleted if I am not careful.
What browser and version are you using? Can you detail the steps to reproduce it?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

otseng wrote:
ttruscott wrote: Under my name, the mention of my sub group: Believes in Pre-existence, is there twice.
Fixed.

As well, when in the editor, when I go outside the edit box to change a colour or whatever, when I get back in, the cursor jumps all around and ends up back at the start, often highlighting all inbetween which gets changed or deleted if I am not careful.

What browser and version are you using? Can you detail the steps to reproduce it?

Fdirefox 16.0.2

1. I highight your quote, choose red and then, because the cursor disppears when the red clicks in, which I can see it has, I go back to my space, the word "then" and click after it to continue and

My view of the box jumps to the top section. I see no cursor. If I scroll down to "then" where I tried to put it, there it is.

3. If I am on a line and leave the cursor at the end right here ! and go to a different tab to copy something for this box, the same thing happens: I come back to the top of the post but the cursor has stayed where I put it.

4. If I have a lines I want to color or I leave the tab, and upon returning the cursor I want to highlight a line anywwhere, when the view jumps up it highlights everything between where I started the highlight and near the top. Which is how some stuff got deleted accidentaly before I knew what was happening.

The new unwanted highlight does not go to the top (nor does the cursor, weird) but in this case went only to your word Fixed and stopped there.

Ted

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

In my last post do you see the large font size? I did not do that, size is on normal...This happened last week and I forget how I fiddled it way, had to copy it and paste it into a new edit box, I think. sigh.

T

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by LiamOS »

I'm using Firefox 16.0.2 without those problems. I built mine from source on Linux.
I also imagine that if this was a problem with 16.0.2 specifically, many more users would have noted it.

Could it be something to do with php?

otseng
Savant

Post #8

Post by otseng »

I think I know what you're talking about now. If the post is larger than the compose box, then you'll see a scrollbar on the right side. If you scroll to the bottom, then go to another tab and come back, the scrollbar will then reset to the top. But, the cursor will remain at the same location.

I wouldn't really say this is a "bug", but seems to be just how FF works. If you don't want scrollbars, you can adjust the size of the compose box by dragging the resizer at the bottom right of the compose box. So, you won't then have scrollbars and it won't jump when you switch between tabs.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

I started on the old bulletin boards in the early 90s. I've been here for nearly a year. I know scroll bars.

This is different. Shrug.

T