Help: How do I know that your God is the one, true God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Kir Komrik
Scholar

Help: How do I know that your God is the one, true God?

Post #1

Post by Kir Komrik »

Hi all,
I'm new here and have just read up on the policies and finished my signature, etc. I hope I've done everything correctly so far.
I would like to believe in an almighty power but the problem is that in my research I've found so many gods out there. Coming from a family that has been explicitly atheist for generations, I'm starting from scratch and am looking at all religions.
I am sincerely curious to know how would I know, for instance, that your god is the one, true God?
Thank you.

ciko
Banned
Banned

Re: Help: How do I know that your God is the one, true God?

Post #2

Post by ciko »

Kir Komrik wrote: Hi all,
I'm new here and have just read up on the policies and finished my signature, etc. I hope I've done everything correctly so far.
I would like to believe in an almighty power but the problem is that in my research I've found so many gods out there. Coming from a family that has been explicitly atheist for generations, I'm starting from scratch and am looking at all religions.
I am sincerely curious to know how would I know, for instance, that your god is the one, true God?
Thank you.
there is only one GOd, there are no other gods

let see what God say about other false Gods

God say in quran that wars would start between gods if there were more gods than God:

23:91 God has never had a child. Nor is there any god beside Him- if there were, each god would have taken his creation aside and tried to overcome the others. May God be exalted above what they describe!

God said that universe would colapse if there were more gods beside him:

21:22 If there had been in the heavens or earth any gods but Him, both heavens and earth would be in ruins: God, Lord of the Throne, is far above the things they say

and finally if there were more gods, these Gods would obey Allah Almighty

17:42 ...‘If there were other gods along with Him, as they say there are, then they would have tried to find a way to the Lord of the Throne

Kir Komrik
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Kir Komrik »

That's not really what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, how do I know that Allah is the one, true God?
God say in quran ...
Why? How do I know that the Quran is true and that Allah is the one, true God to start with?

I've also read about other gods who have texts like the Quran. For example, there is Helios. Helios is the young Greek god of the sun. He is the son of Hyperion and Theia. By the Oceanid Perse he became the father of Aeëtes, Circe, and Pasiphae. His other children are Phaethusa ("radiant") and Lampetia ("shining") and Phaeton.
Each morning at dawn he rises from the ocean in the east and rides in his chariot; pulled by four horses - Pyrois, Eos, Aethon and Phlegon - through the sky, to descend at night in the west. Helios once allowed Phaeton to guide his chariot across the sky. The unskilled youth could not control the horses and fell towards his death.

And the same question can be likewise posed for Helios. How do I know that Helios is the one, true God?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

Kir Komrik wrote: I am sincerely curious to know how would I know, for instance, that your god is the one, true God?
Thank you.
My spiritual philosophy is Pantheism, or Panentheism if you prefer.

Pantheism = All is God.

Does my God exist? Well, the existence of my God is at least as real and verified as anything that exists.

Is it the "One True God". Again, by definition, it necessarily has to be. There can't be anything beyond everything, for if there were, that too would be part of everything. Thus there is nothing that my God is not, nor does anything exist that is not my God.

My God is as real and tangible as you. You are living proof that my God exists.

"Tat t'vam asi" - "You are that".

Or if you prefer, "You are that you are", and "I am that I am".

We are this universe having an experience and God is this Youinverse.

There is nothing that is you that is not also this universe.

My God is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

There no other God above my God, for my God is all that exists.

No scriptures are required to convey this obvious truth.

The proof is in your own conscious awareness. ;)

ciko
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by ciko »

Kir Komrik wrote:
That's not really what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, how do I know that Allah is the one, true God?
God say in quran ...
Why? How do I know that the Quran is true and that Allah is the one, true God to start with?

I've also read about other gods who have texts like the Quran. For example, there is Helios. Helios is the young Greek god of the sun. He is the son of Hyperion and Theia. By the Oceanid Perse he became the father of Aeëtes, Circe, and Pasiphae. His other children are Phaethusa ("radiant") and Lampetia ("shining") and Phaeton.
Each morning at dawn he rises from the ocean in the east and rides in his chariot; pulled by four horses - Pyrois, Eos, Aethon and Phlegon - through the sky, to descend at night in the west. Helios once allowed Phaeton to guide his chariot across the sky. The unskilled youth could not control the horses and fell towards his death.

And the same question can be likewise posed for Helios. How do I know that Helios is the one, true God?

prophets called God Allah

Jesus called God Allah in aramaic language according to christian sources
Muhammed called God Allah, God calls himself Allah in his book quran.

Now question is how do we kow that Quran is from Allah?

i know this beacuse i have studied quran for so many years.

First, in quran there is no errors and contradictions. Scientific verses in quran like big bang, expanding universe, pulsars, embnriology, biology, oceanology, geology and many many other scientific miracles.

Second proof that quran comes from Allah wich can be tested is nummerical miracles in quran, quran is programmed in tha way that chapter numbers, verse numbers, and text cooeprate with eachother in so complex way that it is impossible for humans in 6th century to create somewthing like that. It is impossible to create something like this even today.
And that is i think really amazing, that is really extraordinary book, i have never seen anything like it before.

did this helios sent any book wich we can read ? NO

did this helios informed us anything about himself ? NO

did Allah sent any book wich we can read ? Yes, quran

did this Allah informed us anything about himself? Yes in quran and via his prophets abraham, moses, jesus, muhammed and others.

Kir Komrik
Scholar

Post #6

Post by Kir Komrik »

Pantheism = All is God.

Does my God exist? Well, the existence of my God is at least as real and verified as anything that exists.
But that’s really the point, right? I’m asking, how do I know that your god is the one, true god? If he is as verified as any other that begs the question all the more.
How do I know that Pantheist writings are true and that the god of Pantheism is the one, true God to start with?

Kir Komrik
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Kir Komrik »

No, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking, how do I know that Allah is the one, true God?

Let me try to ask it another way. All the things you mentioned are the same things any person of any number of religions might tell me. Given that I can get these claims from any large number of religions, how would I know which one of them was the correct one?

As for the Helios point, of course we have written material otherwise we wouldn't know about him. It just isn't called the Quran, right?

ciko
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by ciko »

Divine Insight wrote:
Kir Komrik wrote: I am sincerely curious to know how would I know, for instance, that your god is the one, true God?
Thank you.

Pantheism = All is God.

Is it the "One True God". Again, by definition, it necessarily has to be. There can't be anything beyond everything, for if there were, that too would be part of everything. Thus there is nothing that my God is not, nor does anything exist that is not my God.

My God is as real and tangible as you. You are living proof that my God exists.

"Tat t'vam asi" - "You are that".

Or if you prefer, "You are that you are", and "I am that I am".

We are this universe having an experience and God is this Youinverse.

There is nothing that is you that is not also this universe.

My God is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

There no other God above my God, for my God is all that exists.

No scriptures are required to convey this obvious truth.

The proof is in your own conscious awareness. ;)
Pantheism = All is God.
this is logically not truth

pantheism is illogical belief, why i wil ltell you why

if God is all

Then is this God?

dead animal

dirty places

God is not all, God is outside universe with his being, and he is everywhere with his knowledge and hearing and sight, that is islamic belief system, judge for yourself wich is more logical your pantheism or islamic belief system. ;)

peace

ciko
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by ciko »

Kir Komrik wrote:
No, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking, how do I know that Allah is the one, true God?

Let me try to ask it another way. All the things you mentioned are the same things any person of any number of religions might tell me. Given that I can get these claims from any large number of religions, how would I know which one of them was the correct one?

As for the Helios point, of course we have written material otherwise we wouldn't know about him. It just isn't called the Quran, right?
beacuse only Allah has sent books, not other false god has ever done it.

As for the Helios point, of course we have written material otherwise we wouldn't know about him. It just isn't called the Quran, right
then show me that book from Helios i want to read it.

Kir Komrik
Scholar

Post #10

Post by Kir Komrik »

... judge for yourself wich is more logical your pantheism or islamic belief system
Well, I can't because I don't know which god is the one true, God. How would I know this? And looking at animal remains and a toilet doesn't help.