Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

no evidence no belief
Banned
Banned

I have a serious problem with this board

Post #1

Post by no evidence no belief »

I've just seen both a theist and an atheist make outrageously offensive comments about the holocaust, and this comes in the wake of a couple of people openly stating that they think there is nothing wrong with slavery.

I strongly urge whoever's in charge to consider weeding these people out from the board.

This is an extraordinarily stimulating forum, and blatant antisemitism and other extraordinarily offensive behavior brings the quality of the entire forum down.

What incentive do I have, as a debater, to construct a reasoned and interesting argument, if I'm going to get responses from people who think the Jews "had it coming" in WWII and that owning slaves is no different from owning a pair of shoes.

Again, this is a completely non-partisan complaint that I direct at a few bad apples in the theists and atheists camps alike.

These people gotta go. Just my two cents.

otseng
Savant

Post #11

Post by otseng »

This is kind of a tricky situation. We do not generally censure people for what they believe, even if it seems abhorrent to another. Slavery is a good example. I don't see it necessary to intervene if someone does not agree that slavery in all cases is bad. If someone can civilly argue that not all slavery is bad, then I believe he should be allowed to voice his arguments. If he cannot civilly argue his case, it doesn't matter what he believes, even if what he believes is good, he should then be reprimanded by a moderator.