Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Satanic and Demonic definitions to some actions/ideologies

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

Whay can't we describe some non and anti-Christian actions and ideologies as Satanic or Demonic?

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

The problem is that people who are part of that group can interpret it as they are demon-possessed or satanic. If you can describe ideologies as demonic without people interpreting that they are personally demonically influenced, it then might not get reported by anyone.

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Ooberman »

I think I'd like more clarification on this.

Denying gay rights is a form of demonic possession. So, if someone says that gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry, I can call the entire ideology a demonically possessed ideology? How does this not break the "sweeping statement" rule?

How would this work?

Also, the ideology that states objective moral values can only come from God is demonically inspired. Again, I don't want to make a sweeping statement, but it's OK to say that certain ideologies are based on demonic possession, as long as I don't say, or imply, that they are specifically demonically possessed?

Am I to only imply they have all the characteristics of someone demonically possessed, but I am not calling them possessed?

Can we shorten this so we don't need to qualify our statements every time we debate?

"Any ideology that uses the Kalam, Ontological, moral arguments or Bible are indications of demonic possession. While I don't think you are personally demonically possessed, you hold an ideology in which only demonically possessed people hold."

Is this how we are to proceed?
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by 99percentatheism »

Anti-Christian perspectives are more than likely Satanically inspired. The infestation of so many anti-Christian bash-fest threads is one indication that there is more to this than meets the eye. Most of the comments and threads are simply to torment and harm Christians.

This should be accurately labled as Satanic or Demonic.

If Jesus held that Demons were active in tormenting people, then we should be able to accurately place that definition on the utterly warped and perverted actions, comments and ideologies that the anti-Christians produce for no other reason than to harm Christians here. Since we reject the materialism aspect of opinions, then we Christians should be able to address our adversaries accurately and then allow for debate to that defintion.

Things that run immutably contrary to Biblical truth, like same gender "marriage" which is perfectly antithetical to the truth of Christian marriage for example, should be classified accordingly. As should those that demand to force abominations through completely secular power onto and into The Church.

How is that not in keeping with Gospel truth? and an honest apologia?

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Ooberman »

Anti-Christian.. That include Calvin according to the Pope, the Pope according to the Mormons, everyone according to Fred Phelps, Spong according to William Lane Craig, etc..
Plus it presupposes Christianity actually has any truth about demons and such.

Besides, you might be the first person accused of being demonically possessed as a religious extremist... So, there's that....
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees