Challenge for Moderation

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Crazy Ivan
Sage

Challenge for Moderation

Post #1

Post by Crazy Ivan »

I have a suggestion. Suppose a debate is getting heated. What if both debaters could agree to have the moderating team give an opinion to who is arguing better? I suppose this might be exceedingly troublesome for the moderators... but hopefully it would prevent things from escalating. Might also give some debaters the opportunity to "save face", in arguments they feel they've lost, but are too proud to admit it. To the person that feels they're winning, also provides a way out if they're too proud to just let the opponent have the last post.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

I'm game. If any two debaters wish for me to assess how they are doing and why in a particular thread, let me know. I will offer my completely biased opinion.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

It would be outside of moderating responsibilities to decide who argued better. The only job of the moderators would be to enforce the rules. But, you can try to get a mod to give their personal opinions on a thread.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Danmark »

Seems I saw something similar in a post. Can't find it in an FAQ, but I recall something about a claim one poster makes, and another poster can challenge the claim. The moderator then steps in and orders that the first poster has X days to back up his claim, or be forced to withdraw it.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Danmark wrote: Seems I saw something similar in a post. Can't find it in an FAQ, but I recall something about a claim one poster makes, and another poster can challenge the claim. The moderator then steps in and orders that the first poster has X days to back up his claim, or be forced to withdraw it.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=11837