For 3'5billion years life has existed on this rock we call earth.
For 3.5billion years every single one of those lives has DIED (sans current).
2000yrs ago according to some people everything changed, some don't die.
For the last 2000yrs every living thing has still died.
Which reality are you prepared to accept?
That is the question.
3.5billion yrs
Moderator: Moderators
3.5billion yrs
Post #1I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said
-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.
and LOVE is all he said
-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #11Ahh, thank you Clown.Clownboat wrote:Not a translation, but possibly an explanation.10CC wrote:In order that I can respond to this I NEED a translator of unbelievable drivel.99percentatheism wrote:Conscience declares something different in the human than the beast. We hardly accept death OR even aging. How many naturally valueless men and women are seeking sexual experience long past best breeding years? Yet, many beliefs and behaviors show that in nature our minds do not fit a naturalistic worldview.10CC wrote: For 3'5billion years life has existed on this rock we call earth.
For 3.5billion years every single one of those lives has DIED (sans current).
2000yrs ago according to some people everything changed, some don't die.
For the last 2000yrs every living thing has still died.
Which reality are you prepared to accept?
That is the question.
If this was truly just a path of life to death and decay on, or in, the ground, it doesn't stand to reason that we would look to make life better for the evolutionary worthless that make up the majority of people on this rock. But even the most die-hard materialist (atheist, secularist, humanist, darwinist, evolutionist) seems to portray caring for the least of these. When of course, all of that billions-year-old history demands that we eliminate the worthless among us as quickly as possible.
How many Materialists cry when their children or "loved ones" get hurt, sick or die? Every one I know or have known. Including myself when once I was a pure materialist. How many care about the poor and needy, the lame and the unwell? The very contradiction within our psyche's shows that something odd happened when humans stood up to be noticed. Or rather, were stood up to be noticed.
After 3.5 Billion years of evolutionary FACT, why shouldn't the following be the normal response to a call about Mom dying suddenly from a stroke:
"Hello is this John Smith?"
"Yes."
"This is Nurse Gertrude Crotchet at Karl Marx University Hospital. Are you the son of Dorothy Malone Smith?"
"Yes."
"She was found dead from a stroke earlier today."
"OK."
"What would you like done with her body?"
"Just lay it out in the woods to be eaten by other animals."
"OK, Thank you Mr. Smith. And congratulations, your mother was young and extremely obese and her remains should feed a lot of animals and bugs."
"Great, bye."
____________________________________________________________
An unguided universe has no emotions.
How many materialists take no notice of the parents death?
Does this poster have any idea at all of what coherence is? IMO it is extremely doubtful, but I am happy to have someone translate for me. If that's possible.
No matter the topic, it will most likely garner a response from 99% that will either be anti atheist or anti homosexual. There is no translation needed here, just see it for what it is (not on topic and just words thrown at his normal targets).
Read it again while considering this and see if you can spot where he insinuates that atheists have no reason to care about their fellow humans. Don't read it and expect it to address the topic, that will only confuse you.
I understand now that I was requesting something beyond even 99's god.
Oh well!
I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said
-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.
and LOVE is all he said
-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.
- 1213
- Savant
- Posts: 13731
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am
- Location: Finland
- Has thanked: 544 times
- Been thanked: 528 times
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #12Ok, then I have no reason to believe 3'5billion years and the question at the beginning is irrelevant.
My new book can be read freely from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rIkqxC ... xtqFY/view
Old version can be read from here:
http://web.archive.org/web/202212010403 ... x_eng.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rIkqxC ... xtqFY/view
Old version can be read from here:
http://web.archive.org/web/202212010403 ... x_eng.html
- otseng
- Savant
- Posts: 20993
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:16 pm
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Has thanked: 218 times
- Been thanked: 397 times
- Contact:
Post #13
10CC wrote: In order that I can respond to this I NEED a translator of unbelievable drivel.
Does this poster have any idea at all of what coherence is?
Please do not make any uncivil comments about another poster.
Please review our Rules.
______________
Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
- Clownboat
- Savant
- Posts: 10372
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 pm
- Has thanked: 1509 times
- Been thanked: 1797 times
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #14People believe things based off of evidence all the time.
We have evidence that there is gravity, and we have a theory that explains and can make accurate predictions based off of our observations.
But I cannot "prove" it to you.
I just wanted to point out that you were asking for the wrong thing. ("Proof" instead of "evidence").
If you want evidence, you can find it here for starters (even though this was not my claim):
http://phys.org/news/2013-01-earliest-e ... years.html
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.
I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU
It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco
If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb
I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU
It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco
If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb
Post #15
Clownboat wrote:Not a translation, but possibly an explanation.99percentatheism wrote:10CC wrote: For 3'5billion years life has existed on this rock we call earth.
For 3.5billion years every single one of those lives has DIED (sans current).
2000yrs ago according to some people everything changed, some don't die.
* * * *
How many materialists take no notice of the parents death?
In order that I can respond to this I NEED a translator of unbelievable drivel.
Does this poster have any idea at all of what coherence is? IMO it is extremely doubtful, but I am happy to have someone translate for me. If that's possible.
No matter the topic, it will most likely garner a response from 99% that will either be anti atheist or anti homosexual. There is no translation needed here, just see it for what it is (not on topic and just words thrown at his normal targets).
Read it again while considering this and see if you can spot where he insinuates that atheists have no reason to care about their fellow humans. Don't read it and expect it to address the topic, that will only confuse you.
Moderator Comment
I would ask both clownboat and 10CC to avoid getting into personal remarks. If you think a post is not comprehensible, you are free to ignore it, or point out the flaws. But speculating on the personal characteristics or labeling in general what another member posts as 'drivel' or suggesting they do not understand what coherence is is not necessary.
Please review the Rules.
______________
Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn
- TheJoshAbideth
- Site Supporter
- Posts: 351
- Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:56 pm
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #17[Replying to post 8 by 99percentatheism]
Absolutely Ridiculous.
Humans have evolved with conscious minds - our conscious minds evolved to be capable of empathy. empathy is one of the greatest drivers of civilized society. Civilized society has been nearly the exclusive means of our species propagation.
We care for the young and old, lame and sick even though there may be no completely naturalistic reason to do so... other than its who we are (most of us anyway) and it's who we are because we have had great success doing it this way.
Also, our great success has afforded us the luxury to enjoy things like sex well beyond viability and potency.
The end.
Absolutely Ridiculous.
Humans have evolved with conscious minds - our conscious minds evolved to be capable of empathy. empathy is one of the greatest drivers of civilized society. Civilized society has been nearly the exclusive means of our species propagation.
We care for the young and old, lame and sick even though there may be no completely naturalistic reason to do so... other than its who we are (most of us anyway) and it's who we are because we have had great success doing it this way.
Also, our great success has afforded us the luxury to enjoy things like sex well beyond viability and potency.
The end.
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #18Because I don't believe in Zeus I'm an atheist? An atheist is someone who believes there is no god or has no belief in any god. Oh and I believe in Zeus by the way but in my belief he is a stone statue.JohnA wrote:An atheist has a lack of belief in one more god than you. Clearly you lack a belief in one less god than an atheist, which makes you an atheist towards the gods you reject.AdHoc wrote: [Replying to connermt]
Haha and if atheism said 0+0+0+0+... = coconuts and spiders and everything else... Pardon? What's that you say?
APPARENTLY that is what atheism says.
Ok I need to come up with something more ridiculous to make my point... I'll let you know if I think of something.
Sink me the man thinks I'm a mathemagician. Tell me this, why did you only attribute a 1 to God? Isn't He infinite?JohnA wrote: Based on this, you are apparently the one claiming that 0+0+0+0+... = coconuts and spiders and everything else.
How bizarre of you to offer illogical claims. Is that why you hold a belief in a god?
Is that why you offer: 1=2:
1 (your god) + 0 (nothing) = 1 (your god) + 1 (everything).
rewritten as: 0=1
1 (your god) - 1 (your god) = 1 (everything).
Clearly you are arguing that your god is nothing (0). And that nothing created everything.
Well you are begging the question that He created the universe 13.7 billion years ago but no I cannot explain that as you cannot explain how matter can also exist with no beginning and suddenly via an uncaused event turn into an incredible universe that includes yes... Spiders and coconuts.JohnA wrote: Can you tell us how something (your god) could exist inside/outside nothing before this something created everything from nothing ~13.7 billion years ago?
Imagine a year for a moment and then a thousand years and then a thousand thousand years and then a thousand thousand thousand years. Now multiply that by 13.7.
Thats a big number isn't it?... No its not. Its a blink of a eye compared to an infinite amount of years. Before the big bang there would've been an infinite amount of years an infinite amount of billions of years. On an infinite timeline that 13.7 billion years quickly becomes an infintitely small flash in the pan.
Two questions immediately rise when you consider that. The first is why did the big bang occur at that moment? What caused it to happen at that random moment in time? The second is more difficult, If there were an infinite amount of moments before the big bang we could never reach the end of an infinite amount of moments to ever arrive at the moment when the big bang occurred. Ahh so there must be a t=0 and what or who caused time to begin? It must be a cause that exists outside of time to create time and a cause that exists outside of matter to create matter.
Either that or 0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+ 0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0 +0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+ 0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+...= everthing
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #19Your view of atheism is much different than the one I'm familiar with. Besides that, if what you say is true, that doesn't excuse the same within christainity, now does it?AdHoc wrote: [Replying to connermt]
Haha and if atheism said 0+0+0+0+... = coconuts and spiders and everything else... Pardon? What's that you say?
APPARENTLY that is what atheism says.
Ok I need to come up with something more ridiculous to make my point... I'll let you know if I think of something.
To help you out, the answer is "NO".
Re: 3.5billion yrs
Post #20I thought the answer was 13.7 billion but I admit I'm no expert.connermt wrote:Your view of atheism is much different than the one I'm familiar with. Besides that, if what you say is true, that doesn't excuse the same within christainity, now does it?AdHoc wrote: [Replying to connermt]
Haha and if atheism said 0+0+0+0+... = coconuts and spiders and everything else... Pardon? What's that you say?
APPARENTLY that is what atheism says.
Ok I need to come up with something more ridiculous to make my point... I'll let you know if I think of something.
To help you out, the answer is "NO".
I would love to hear your view of atheism and how it differs from mine.


