Why so many non-Christians on a Christian site?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Why so many non-Christians on a Christian site?

Post #1

Post by Donray »

Since Christians want to think that at the most there are 15% non-religious (atheists and agnostics). Why does this site have about 15% Christians?

Could it be that Christians cannot defend their religion?

Christians don't want to discuss the so called objectives morals provided in the Bible by God.

They cannot provide almost no information about haven.

Etc. etc. etc.

SOG

Post #61

Post by SOG »

Atheism requires constant negative reinforcement to sustain itself, as atheism is a negation of theism and thus relies on unbelief rather than a belief. Unbelief doesn’t have an object of belief and/or referent; consequently it’s vacuous in nature needing constant maintianence to sustain. This is why and how atheists uphold their unbelief by looking for reasons not to believe because unbelief alone isn’t enough to uphold their atheism. Atheists look for what they conceive as errors from Christians as their reason for unbelief.

10CC
Banned
Banned

Post #62

Post by 10CC »

SOG wrote: Atheism requires constant negative reinforcement to sustain itself, as atheism is a negation of theism and thus relies on unbelief rather than a belief. Unbelief doesn’t have an object of belief and/or referent; consequently it’s vacuous in nature needing constant maintianence to sustain. This is why and how atheists uphold their unbelief by looking for reasons not to believe because unbelief alone isn’t enough to uphold their atheism. Atheists look for what they conceive as errors from Christians as their reason for unbelief.
Just as you do for reasons for your unbelief in billions of gods you don't believe in.
I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said

-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.

Filthy Tugboat
Guru

Post #63

Post by Filthy Tugboat »

SOG wrote: Atheism requires constant negative reinforcement to sustain itself, as atheism is a negation of theism and thus relies on unbelief rather than a belief. Unbelief doesn’t have an object of belief and/or referent; consequently it’s vacuous in nature needing constant maintianence to sustain. This is why and how atheists uphold their unbelief by looking for reasons not to believe because unbelief alone isn’t enough to uphold their atheism. Atheists look for what they conceive as errors from Christians as their reason for unbelief.
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if this is satire or not. I immediately thought, "he's making a joke," but I've been surprised in that respect before.

"Atheism relies on unbelief," this indicates that you misunderstand what atheism is. Atheism is a label for those who are not theists. It isn't an entity that requires sustenance as you claim. Atheists are people who are not theists and they come in all different shapes, sizes, colours and from all different backgrounds. Any attempt to pigeon hole a large group like you just have is really nothing other than ignorant. That is, if you are earnest in your stereotyping and not just being satirical.
Religion feels to me a little like a Nigerian Prince scam. The "offer" is illegitimate, the "request" is unreasonable and the source is dubious, in fact, Nigeria doesn't even have a royal family.