We are the direct genetic offspring of God.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

We are the direct genetic offspring of God.

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

The Me's wrote:I think I can provide both physical and scriptural evidence that we are the direct (genetic) offspring of God, and I think I can also prove with physical and scriptural evidence that we're all sinners.
Question for debate: Is there any physical evidence that we are the direct genetic offspring of God?

Bonus Points: Is there any physical evidence that we are all sinners?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #21

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 20 by The Me's]

you just have to insult everyone on this board don't you. You just can't seem to help yourself.

כָּש�ַף kashaph {kaw-shaf'}
-A primitive root; properly to whisper a spell, that is, to inchant or practise magic:—sorcerer, (use) witch (-craft).

I would say it is not necessarily a mistranslation to use the word witch but the 1st definition is one who whispers a spell

Me's you are just simply rude. When confronted with the failures of your arguments you just start insulting people. Instead of telling someone "translation shopping, you're also willing to alter the text itself." did you ever consider to look and see if he was right? there are many translations of the bible I get it things as they say get lost in translation. However this is 2014 there are resources that allow us to easily cross reference things.

www.qbible.com is a stellar biblical research tool. You can look directly at the bible untranslated and use various lexicons to look at what the actual text says instead of relying on a translation. Now this can be hard if you do not have a background on the requisite languages because they only provide direct translations meaning they do not correct for grammar. So it would be useful to take a course in Hebrew and Greek so you can understand the sentence structure and grammar of the respective languages. This helps when trying to discern meaning from a string of text.

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by dianaiad »

The Me's wrote:

So not only are you willing to go translation shopping, you're also willing to alter the text itself.

Exodus says nothing about channeling spirits of the dead.

My suspicion that you misrepresent the Bible's text stands.

If a 12-year-old can read the text and repeat back what it says, I see no reason to take you seriously if you can't. The tangeants you create are a waste of time, and your arguments have no value.
:warning: Moderator Warning

This is uncivil and personal. Do not make personal comments about the poster. Make your point by addressing the content of the post, not the writer of it.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.