It has to be true.

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

It has to be true.

Post #1

Post by postroad »

Trying to wrap my head around liberal theology both Christian and Jewish.

Come on!! Really? Does the concept fly?

I can not imagine a scenario where the masses are going to be inspired by fables.

What's left? An elitist mutual admiration club?

My gut tells me that liberal theology is a quick step to absolute rejection of the faith.

Am I wrong?

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

postroad
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by postroad »

I thought this was a theological issue? Oh well.

Can anyone show scriptural support for a non literal interpretation of the Bible?

Apart from such text which show themselves as obvious metaphor and parable.

If Jesus insisted that Moses gave the Law can we assume that Jesus was mistaken or just speaking figuratively?

postroad
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by postroad »

If in fact millions of Christians can have faith and at the same time not believe in a literal interpretation of Scripture, Why could this phenomenon not be true at the writings of the Gospels?

They themselves testify to the ability of man to embrace morality stories. There is no reason why the writers would have any misgivings about creating them as such.

Especially if the writers themselves viewed the OT as morality story instead of historical account. They would not be lying in their own minds.

What else is needed to refute the belief of a historical account other than the ability of liberal theology to maintain faith?