PRAYER TO BLESSED VIRGIN OF MT. CARMEL IS IT SUPERSTITIOUS?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

PATSY
Student

PRAYER TO BLESSED VIRGIN OF MT. CARMEL IS IT SUPERSTITIOUS?

Post #1

Post by PATSY »

I HAVE OFTEN SAID THIS PRAYER WHEN SOMETHING IS REALLY NEEDED OR SOMEONE IS IN DIRE TROUBLE. I WANTED TO PRINT IT ON ANOTHER CHRISTIAN WEBSITE AND THEY WOULDN'T AND SAID IT WAS SUPERSTITIOUS. I WANT AND NEED TO SHARE IT BECAUSE IT CAME THRU AGAIN. DO YOU CONSIDER THIS SUPERSTITION?

I SEE IT AS A PRAYER OF FAITH AND I DO NOT EXPECT TO BE GRANTED ANY NEED IN THREE DAYS. AND GOD DOES NOT ALWAYS GRANT OUR NEEDS THE WAY WE WANT THEM BUT IN THE END WHAT HAPPENS IS FOR OUR GOOD.

THE PRAYER TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN OF MT. CARMEL

OH, MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWER OF MOUNT CARMEL, FRUITFUL VINE, SPLENDOUR OF HEAVEN, BLESSED MOTHER OF SON OF GOD.

IMMACULATE VIRGIN, ASSIST ME IN MY NECCESSITY.

OH, STAR OF THE SEA, HELP ME, SHOW ME HEREIN YOU ARE MY MOTHER.

OH, HOLY MARY, MOTHER OF GOD, QUEEN OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, I HUMBLY BESEECH YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO SUCCOUR ME IN THIS NECESSITY. THERE ARE NONE THAT CAN WITHSTAND YOUR POWER.

OH, SHOW ME HEREIN, YOU ARE MY MOTHER.

OH, MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT ORIGINAL SIN, PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO THEE ( SAY THIS THREE TIMES ).

HOLY MOTHER I PLACE THIS CAUSE IN YOUR HANDS ( SAY THIS THREE TIMES ).

HOLY SPIRIT, YOU WHO SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS, LIGHT ALL ROADS SO THAT I CAN ATTAIN MY GOAL.

YOU WHO GAVE ME THE DIVINE GIFT TO FORGET AND FORGIVE ALL EVIL AGAINST ME AND THAT IN ALL INSTANCES IN MY LIFE ARE WITH ME.

I WANT IN THIS SHORT PRAYER TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THINGS AS YOU CONFIRM ONCE AGAIN THAT I NEVER WANT TO BE SEPARATED FROM YOU IN ETERNAL GLORY.

THANK YOU FROM ME AND MINE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS PRAYER IS NEVER KNOWN TO FAIL.
THE PERSON MUST SAY THIS PRAYER FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
AFTER THREE DAYS THE REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED.
THIS PRAYER MUST BE PUBLISHED AFTER THE FAVOUR IS GRANTED.

PATSY
Student

Post #11

Post by PATSY »

DIVINE INSIGHT. I TEND TO AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT YOU SAY. BUT I HESITATE TO SAY HOW GOD FEELS, IF HE CARES AS WHO ARE WE TO DECIDE THIS?

I HOPE GOD IS KIND. CHRIST CERTAINLY WAS/IS WHICH IS A GOOD SIGN.

WHATEVER, WE HAVE TO PAY HOMAGE TO THE CREATOR.

I DON'T LIKE THE WORD SUPERSTITION, IT MEANS SOMETHING THAT ISN'T REAL. IMHO. LIKE BLACK CATS WALKING ACROSS YOUR PATH.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #12

Post by Divine Insight »

PATSY wrote: I HOPE GOD IS KIND.
I don't see the point in merely hoping that God is kind. Isn't the whole idea of a God supposed to the idea of a loving and trustworthy creator? If that's true then why should you need to hope that God is kind?

I always say that if there exists a truly righteous, just, and loving God then he would certainly be a friend of mine. ;)

Anyone who portrays a God that wouldn't be friendly toward me has created a monster God, IMHO. Jesus certainly never taught anything that would suggest that he would do anything other than totally embrace me and accept me precisely as I am. Although there are certainly a lot of Christians who seem to be hoping that Jesus would hate me. :roll:

I personally don't believe in Christianity anymore because I have discovered reasons why I feel that it must necessarily be a false religion. None the less I was born into the religion and I'm totally familiar with the Gospel rumors of Jesus. I don't see anything in any of those gospel rumors that would suggest that Jesus would be anything less than totally happy and pleased with me.

Christianity didn't even exist in Jesus' day and I seriously doubt that he would support the religion that was created in his name today. Ironically Jesus never spread hatred toward anyone other than the priests of his own religion, and he sure did seem to hate them with a passion. He would probably hate the Christian authoritarians in the same way today.

I don't think that superstition necessarily refers to a belief in things that are proven to be false. You certainly can't know whether a God exists or not. Therefore to believe in one requires blind faith, and that's basically the same thing as superstition. That doesn't necessarily mean that the thing you are believing in is necessarily false. All it means is that you believe in it as a matter of pure faith. And I don't see anything wrong with that as long as your superstitious beliefs aren't harming anyone.

I have my own superstitious spiritual beliefs. Are they true? I have no clue, if I knew they were true I would have divine knowledge. ;)

They are faith-based beliefs, (or maybe better stated as "Faith-based hopes and dreams"). Whether they are true or not is irrelevant. I enjoy believing in them and that's all that required. They aren't harming anyone including myself. I also don't need for anyone else to believe in my superstitions. It doesn't matter to me if they view my beliefs as nothing more than superstitious hopes and dreams, I'll be the first to confess that this is precisely what they are.

I don't need anyone's approval to keep my superstitious faith-based beliefs.

And if they want to believe in their own superstitious faith-based beliefs then more power to them. As long as they don't start beating me over the head with a make-believe rubber doll that supposedly represents the demigod of their superstitious faith-based beliefs.

If you want to believe in the Virgin Mary or in Jesus, I think that's great as long as you aren't using them as a weapon to belittle other people. ;)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

PATSY
Student

Post #13

Post by PATSY »

I don't see the point in merely hoping that God is kind. Isn't the whole idea of a God supposed to the idea of a loving and trustworthy creator? If that's true then why should you need to hope that God is kind?
I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS TRUE. IT IS NATURAL TO HOPE IT IS TRUE. JESUS WAS KIND AND THAT WAS A POINT IN FAVOR OF GOD BEING KIND. BUT WE DON'T KNOW AND HAVE NO RITE TO ASSUME SO. WHO ARE WE TO SAY HOW GOD IS?
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:48 pm Post subject:
PATSY wrote:

I HOPE GOD IS KIND.

I always say that if there exists a truly righteous, just, and loving God then he would certainly be a friend of mine.
I THINK THAT WE SHOULD PAY HOMAGE TO GOD WHETHER IT IS KIND OR NOT....I SA IT AS I DOUBT GOD HAS A SEX. THO CHRIST DID. WHEN I SAY "HE" I AM REFERRING TO JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR.
I personally don't believe in Christianity anymore because I have discovered reasons why I feel that it must necessarily be a false religion. None the less I was born into the religion and I'm totally familiar with the Gospel rumors of Jesus. I don't see anything in any of those gospel rumors that would suggest that Jesus would be anything less than totally happy and pleased with me.
GOD MAY ACCEPT ALL RELIGIONS. MAYBE GOD DOES NOT EVEN CARE ANY MORE. MAYBE CARE IS ONLY A MORTAL EMOTION. BUT WHATEVER. ALL EVERY ONE OF US CAN DO IS WHAT IS IN THIER HEARTS. I BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS MY SAVIOR.
Christianity didn't even exist in Jesus' day and I seriously doubt that he would support the religion that was created in his name today. Ironically Jesus never spread hatred toward anyone other than the priests of his own religion, and he sure did seem to hate them with a passion. He would probably hate the Christian authoritarians in the same way today.
I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH THE MAN MADE RULES. I DO GO TO MASS ON SUNDAY BUT OFTEN ON A WEEKDAY OR TWO. THIS WEEK I WENT TO MASS WEDNESDAY. I GO TO WORSHIP AND FIND SINCE SUNDAY THEY HAVE A LONGER SERVICE I WANT TO GO.
If you want to believe in the Virgin Mary or in Jesus, I think that's great as long as you aren't using them as a weapon to belittle other people.
OH NO! NEVER. WHAT MADE YOU SAY THAT? O OFTEN PRAY FOR PEOPLE I DON'T EVEN KNOW. PRAYING WILL NOT ALWAYS GET THE ANSWER YOU WANT. BUT "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE" DOES NO HARM.

I JUST HAD A CLOSE CALL ON 081914 I FELL DOWN A FLIGHT OF 7 STAIRS BACKWARDS....I GOT A CONCUSSION AND AN EMBOLISM ON MY ELBOW...THT WAS ALL. NO BROKEN BONES, NO SPRAINS--I WAS HOME FROM THE EMERGENCY ROOM IN AN HOUR--I SHOULD BE PARALYZED OR DEAD. I THANK GOD EVERY DAY NOW AND MAKE A TRIP TO CHURCH IF ONLY TO SAY A PRAYER OF THANKS. I ONLY HAD ONE SLIGHT HEADACHE. HONESTLY, I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ALIVE AT ALL.

NO BEATING ANYONE ON THE HEAD. WE ALL WILL DO WHAT WE WANT. ANYONE FORCED INTO SOMETHING IS INSINCERE. I DO TRY TO GET PEOPLE I LOVE TO CONSIDER GOING TO CHURCH. BUT I DROP IT WHEN I HEAR "NO THANKS".

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #14

Post by Divine Insight »

PATSY wrote: WHO ARE WE TO SAY HOW GOD IS?

Because we invent these words and define them. There cannot be a "God" who is not kind. Why? Well because if such an entity existed we already have a word to describe that, it's called a DEVIL. ;)

So unless you want to believe that you were created by a devil why would you assume that God is not kind?

PATSY wrote: I THINK THAT WE SHOULD PAY HOMAGE TO GOD WHETHER IT IS KIND OR NOT....I SA IT AS I DOUBT GOD HAS A SEX. THO CHRIST DID. WHEN I SAY "HE" I AM REFERRING TO JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR.

And what exactly is Jesus SAVING us from? The wrath of an unkind God?

I always say that before it makes any sense to believe in a savior you must first believe in the demonic boogieman that you believe you need to be saved from.

PATSY wrote: GOD MAY ACCEPT ALL RELIGIONS. MAYBE GOD DOES NOT EVEN CARE ANY MORE. MAYBE CARE IS ONLY A MORTAL EMOTION. BUT WHATEVER. ALL EVERY ONE OF US CAN DO IS WHAT IS IN THIER HEARTS. I BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS MY SAVIOR.
In that case, as I have already pointed out, you must first believe that there exists a nasty demon who is out to get your first. Otherwise what would you need to be "saved" from?

If you believe in Jesus as your "Savior" you must first believe something BEFORE Jesus that you need to be saved from. So what was it that you placed your faith in BEFORE Jesus is required to save you from it?

PATSY wrote: I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH THE MAN MADE RULES. I DO GO TO MASS ON SUNDAY BUT OFTEN ON A WEEKDAY OR TWO. THIS WEEK I WENT TO MASS WEDNESDAY. I GO TO WORSHIP AND FIND SINCE SUNDAY THEY HAVE A LONGER SERVICE I WANT TO GO.
As long as you are enjoying yourself and not harming others that's all that's really important. But if the main reason you go is because you feel that you need to go to be SAVED from an evil boogieman, you might want to re-examine your original belief that there actually exists an evil boogieman that you need to be saved from.
PATSY wrote:
If you want to believe in the Virgin Mary or in Jesus, I think that's great as long as you aren't using them as a weapon to belittle other people.
OH NO! NEVER. WHAT MADE YOU SAY THAT? O OFTEN PRAY FOR PEOPLE I DON'T EVEN KNOW. PRAYING WILL NOT ALWAYS GET THE ANSWER YOU WANT. BUT "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE" DOES NO HARM.
The reason I mentioned this is because a lot of people do use Jesus as a weapon of religion bigotry and emotional hatred toward others. I'm not suggesting that you do this.
PATSY wrote: I JUST HAD A CLOSE CALL ON 081914 I FELL DOWN A FLIGHT OF 7 STAIRS BACKWARDS....I GOT A CONCUSSION AND AN EMBOLISM ON MY ELBOW...THT WAS ALL. NO BROKEN BONES, NO SPRAINS--I WAS HOME FROM THE EMERGENCY ROOM IN AN HOUR--I SHOULD BE PARALYZED OR DEAD. I THANK GOD EVERY DAY NOW AND MAKE A TRIP TO CHURCH IF ONLY TO SAY A PRAYER OF THANKS. I ONLY HAD ONE SLIGHT HEADACHE. HONESTLY, I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ALIVE AT ALL.
I've had a couple terrible motorcycle accidents where I "should" have clearly been killed but I miraculously survived with minor injuries.

Should I suddenly become religious and start attending church? Absolutely not!

Clearly if God saved me in those motorcycle accidents then God must already like me just as I am. Why would I want to change when I'm clearly already in favor with God? Moreover, since I don't believe in the Christian God or Jesus, then if there exists a God She probably has nothing to do with Christianity anyway. Why would the Christian God save me when I don't even believe in him? :-k

Clearly if I was saved by a God it wasn't the Christian God.

PATSY wrote: NO BEATING ANYONE ON THE HEAD. WE ALL WILL DO WHAT WE WANT. ANYONE FORCED INTO SOMETHING IS INSINCERE. I DO TRY TO GET PEOPLE I LOVE TO CONSIDER GOING TO CHURCH. BUT I DROP IT WHEN I HEAR "NO THANKS".
There's nothing wrong with that. I don't mind people inviting me to go to their church or whatever. That's fine. As long as they accept "No Thanks" as a valid answer and don't continue to harp on things after that I have no problem with religious people at all.

In fact, I'm religious myself. I prefer to worship God through the Wicca Moon Goddess. I wouldn't suggest that anyone else should do this. However, if someone expressed an interest on their own I would be glad to share my experiences with Wicca.

I have no problem with any religious people who aren't arrogantly bigoted about their religious beliefs. Like I say, if you want to worship God through Jesus or Mother Mary I see no problem with that at all. Although I do confess that it seems rather silly to me that Jesus is saving you from God's wrath. That seems like an oxymoron to me. But I'm just offering my views on that. If it makes sense to you, that's all that matters for you. ;)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

PATSY
Student

Post #15

Post by PATSY »

Because we invent these words and define them. There cannot be a "God" who is not kind. Why? Well because if such an entity existed we already have a word to describe that, it's called a DEVIL.

So unless you want to believe that you were created by a devil why would you assume that God is not kind?
THIS IS TRUE. BUT REALLY I THINK IT IS PRESUMPTUOUS. I HAVE DEDUCTED THAT PROBABLY GOD IS KIND BECAUSE JESUS WAS BUT IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER.

THE CREATOR HAS TO BE REVERENCED. WE ARE HERE BECAUS OF THE CREATOR. ALL THESE ARE HUMAN DEDUCTIONS. I HESITATE TO SAY HOW GOD MITE BE AS I DON'T KNOW. I HAVE FEAR OF GOD AND I THINK IT IS RESPECTFUL TO ASSUME ONLY GOD KNOWS.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #16

Post by Overcomer »

PERSONALLY, I WOULDN'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING UNLESS I HAVE VALID EVIDENCE. CHRISTIAN FAITH ISN'T BLIND. IT'S BASED ON EVIDENCE THAT PRESENTS A PERSUASIVE CASE. I WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT OTHERWISE.

I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T BELIEVE SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE A CHURCH -- ROMAN CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT -- SAID SO WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE.

PATSY
Student

Post #17

Post by PATSY »

I AM NOT SURE WHY I BELIEVE. I DON'T EVEN THINK IT IS RELEVANT. THE FACT IS I DO BELIEVE. WHETHER THERE IS EVIDENCE OR NOT. WHEN I SAY WE CAN'T ASSUME GOD IS KIND I AM JUST SAYING THAT WHO ARE WE TO SAY HOW GOD IS?

I PREFER TO KNOW GOD IS THE CREATOR, TRY MY BEST TO PAY HOMAGE TO GOD AND TRY TO GET FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO CONSIDER HONORING GOD. I KNOW VERY FEW PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY WHO MAKE ANY EFFORT TO PRAISE GOD AND DON'T SEND THEIR KIDS TO RELIGIOUS INSTRUCTIONS OF ANY KIND. THIS IS BAD. KIDS NEED THE INFORMATION AND THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ARE A BASIS FOR HARMONIOUS LIVING. MOST PEOPLE ONLY WORRY AOUT THE LAST SEVEN COMMANDMENTS BUT THE FIRST THREE ARE VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

PATSY
Student

Post #18

Post by PATSY »

WE ARE LOOKING AT THINGS FROM OUR VIEWS AS HUMAN BEINGS, BUT REALITY MAY REALLY BE DIFFERENT IN GOD'S KINGDOM.

GOD PROBABLY IS KIND AS CHRIST WAS ASSUMING THAT MEANS ALL OF GOD IS THE SAME. WHO ARE WE TO SAY? I WOULD NOT DARE. AND I AM NOT BEING AMBIVOLENT EITHER. EVER TALL SOMEONE "DON'T TELL ME HOW I FEEL!"? WELL, I AM KEEPING THAT IN MIND. ESPECIALLY GOD.

OBEYING THE COMMANDMENTS TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY IS LOVING GOD. SHOING OUR CRATOR DUE RESPECT. OUR HUMAN SENSES ARE OF NO VALUE PROBABLY IN GOD'S KINGDOM.

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO CHURCH FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND THIS ACCIDENT DID NOT HAPPEN UNTIL LAST MONTH. BUT THE ACCIDENT MADE ME REALIZE SUNDAY MASS IS JUST NOT ENOUGH. FALLING BACKWARDS DOWN SEVEN STEPS AND NOT GETTING A BROKEN BONE OR A SPRAIN--ONLY A MILD CONCUSSION WHERE I HAD EXACTLY ONE HEADACHE FROM AND TYLENOL WAS ENOUGH TO CURE IT. I WILL ALWAYS THANK GOD --WHY NOT? THIS IS WHAT I FEEL IS RIGHT.

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Re: PRAYER TO BLESSED VIRGIN OF MT. CARMEL IS IT SUPERSTITIO

Post #19

Post by Yahu »

PATSY wrote: I HAVE OFTEN SAID THIS PRAYER WHEN SOMETHING IS REALLY NEEDED OR SOMEONE IS IN DIRE TROUBLE. I WANTED TO PRINT IT ON ANOTHER CHRISTIAN WEBSITE AND THEY WOULDN'T AND SAID IT WAS SUPERSTITIOUS. I WANT AND NEED TO SHARE IT BECAUSE IT CAME THRU AGAIN. DO YOU CONSIDER THIS SUPERSTITION?

I SEE IT AS A PRAYER OF FAITH AND I DO NOT EXPECT TO BE GRANTED ANY NEED IN THREE DAYS. AND GOD DOES NOT ALWAYS GRANT OUR NEEDS THE WAY WE WANT THEM BUT IN THE END WHAT HAPPENS IS FOR OUR GOOD.

THE PRAYER TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN OF MT. CARMEL

OH, MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWER OF MOUNT CARMEL, FRUITFUL VINE, SPLENDOUR OF HEAVEN, BLESSED MOTHER OF SON OF GOD.

IMMACULATE VIRGIN, ASSIST ME IN MY NECCESSITY.

OH, STAR OF THE SEA, HELP ME, SHOW ME HEREIN YOU ARE MY MOTHER.

OH, HOLY MARY, MOTHER OF GOD, QUEEN OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, I HUMBLY BESEECH YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO SUCCOUR ME IN THIS NECESSITY. THERE ARE NONE THAT CAN WITHSTAND YOUR POWER.

OH, SHOW ME HEREIN, YOU ARE MY MOTHER.

OH, MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT ORIGINAL SIN, PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO THEE ( SAY THIS THREE TIMES ).

HOLY MOTHER I PLACE THIS CAUSE IN YOUR HANDS ( SAY THIS THREE TIMES ).

HOLY SPIRIT, YOU WHO SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS, LIGHT ALL ROADS SO THAT I CAN ATTAIN MY GOAL.

YOU WHO GAVE ME THE DIVINE GIFT TO FORGET AND FORGIVE ALL EVIL AGAINST ME AND THAT IN ALL INSTANCES IN MY LIFE ARE WITH ME.

I WANT IN THIS SHORT PRAYER TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THINGS AS YOU CONFIRM ONCE AGAIN THAT I NEVER WANT TO BE SEPARATED FROM YOU IN ETERNAL GLORY.

THANK YOU FROM ME AND MINE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS PRAYER IS NEVER KNOWN TO FAIL.
THE PERSON MUST SAY THIS PRAYER FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
AFTER THREE DAYS THE REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED.
THIS PRAYER MUST BE PUBLISHED AFTER THE FAVOUR IS GRANTED.
No, it isn't superstition, it is Witchcraft!

There are all kinds of things that identify the spirit you are praying to is the goddess Ashtoreth one of the primary goddesses of witchcraft as well as the 2nd ranked principality of hell. She held the title 'queen of heaven'. She is associated with both the star venus and the sea. She was the mother of Baal...

It is a mixture of ancient pagan prayer to Ashtoreth/Diana masked as praying to Mary.

I knew a girl that became the candidate to become the next worldwide high priestess of Ashtoreth. She had started out Catholic praying to the 'queen of heaven' until Ashtoreth appeared to her directly. I have never know a more evil woman.

BTW, Ashtoreth was the goddess of queen Jezebel. Jezebel was the high priestess of Ashtoreth of her day.

Yah will not answer your prayers when you pray to satisfy your own lusts but that spirit will answer it by sending demonic forces to achieve your will by calling on her titles and your worship of her. It is a sin punishable by death under Yah's law. It opens the door in your life to other spiritual influences under that principalities control such as spirits of rebellion, witchcraft, arrogance/superiority, whoredoms as well as a ruling Jezebel spirit to coordinate your further corruption.

I HIGHLY suggest you repent of every using such a prayer/spell.

I know what it cost the high priestess I knew. She did later repent in prison but the passage of Eze 16 was fulfilled in her life nearly word for word for following the ways of Ashtoreth.

jerryxplu
Student

Re: PRAYER TO BLESSED VIRGIN OF MT. CARMEL IS IT SUPERSTITIO

Post #20

Post by jerryxplu »

[Replying to post 1 by PATSY]

SINCE YOU WRITE IN CAPS I WILL ALSO DO SO TO HELP YOU READ EASIER.

I WOULD SAY IT IS SUPERSTITIOUS IN THE SENSE THAT EVEN THOUGH I CAN SEE THAT IT IS OUT OF GOOD WILL. IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE PRAYING TO A BEING HOPING FOR A DIFFERENT OUTCOME.

ONE OF TWO WOULD HAPPEN. EITHER THE SITUATION CHANGE BECAUSE OF THE PRAYER IT DOESN'T. THE QUESTION THEN IS HOW DO YOU DIFFERENTIATE IT? SINCE THIS IS MAINLY A CHRISTIAN WEBSITE I WILL USE CHRISTIANITY AS AN EXAMPLE.

THE IDEA OF PRAYER MAKES NO SENSE IN ANYWAY. DOES PRAYING TO A BEING MAKE IT MORE AWARE OF YOU DOES PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOU AND GRANT YOU MORE FAVOR? IT WOULD THEN BE UNFAIR TO OTHER WHOM ALSO BELIEVES OR IN SOME CASES NOT BELIEVE IN THE SAME BEING. HOWEVER IN CASE OF PRAYER IN BIBLE. DOES IT MEAN PRAYER CAN CHANGE THE WILL OF GOD BECAUSE YOU PRAY? ARE YOU EXPECTING GOD TO PITY YOU AND CHANGE HIS CHANGE JUST FOR YOU? IN OTHER WORDS, ARE YOUR WILL MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOD'S WILL.

NOW I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MEANT WELL AND WISHES TO PRAY FOR/WITH PEOPLE WHOM MAY BE IN HARDSHIP. BUT THIS NOT ONLY MAY NOT HELP THEM WITH THEIR SITUATION BUT MAY ALSO HINDER THEIR WILL TO GET INTO ACTION AND CHANGE IT. PRAYER THEN BECOMES A LAZY WAY OF "HELPING" SOMEONE WITHOUT ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

IN SUMMARY, IT IS SUPERSTITIOUS UNTIL YOU CAN PROVE CAUSATION INSTEAD OF ASSOCIATION. UNTIL THEN IT IS NO DIFFERENT FROM PEOPLE WITH LUCKY CHARM LIKE FOUR LEAF CLOVERS OR LUCKY UNDERWEAR OR ANY RITUAL THEY MAY PERFORM TO HELP THEIR TEAM WIN A SPORTS EVENT.