Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

we-live-now
Scholar

Are we free from ALL sin NOW?

Post #1

Post by we-live-now »

Dear honest seekers of the truth,

I want to share something I have been hearing for a while as I study and think about what the written Word says. It is powerfully AWESOME and very few current pastors and teachers see it (yet!). But I am sharing with them and have been.

Do you know that the Bible says Jesus REALLY did remove ALL OUR SIN?

It is through the amazing and powerful miracle of spiritual circumcision where God separated our inner and TRUE man from the false, dead outer man who is under law and will die. Please check this out as it will feed you the most amazing life from within. Even "non" Christians can read this and rejoice. It applies to them too because as soon as they "see" it and "understand" that it applies to them too, they are a "Christian" or whatever that means. I just like to say "they know the truth".

I shared today at the below link. God bless.

http://kickedoutofchurch.com/do-you-sin/

Duane (we-live-now)

Adstar
Under Probation

Re: Are we free from ALL sin NOW?

Post #2

Post by Adstar »

[Replying to post 1 by we-live-now]

Too many links to books that are not the Bible.

we-live-now
Scholar

Post #3

Post by we-live-now »

[Replying to Adstar]

Friend, are you sure you want to limit Jesus that way?

Is Jesus only words in a book and a man who lived 2000 years ago (as religion teaches us)? Or is it possible that the TRUE (and NOT yet revealed) Jesus much bigger?

We each have to decide in our hearts. The answer is VERY important IMHO. Is Jesus the living Word or only the written Word? Do you worship the image or God himself? I am sure you know what God says about "image worship" and what will happen to those who worship "images" and not God himself.

If Jesus is THE truth as he tells us in John 14:6, is "THE" truth only in the Bible? Or is it possible that "THE truth" is MUCH bigger than "truth" that was revealed to us in the written Word? What does the word "the" mean anyway? Why does he say "the" truth instead of just "truth"?

What if Jesus is MUCH bigger than we have been taught by religious doctrine? What if by keeping Jesus so small, we miss him completely? I strongly advise a person ponder these verses:
John 20:30-31 wrote:Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name
Which Jesus do you worship?

I think this is a VERY important question to ponder. We don't want to get that one wrong.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

we-live-now wrote: Dear honest seekers of the truth,

I want to share something I have been hearing for a while as I study and think about what the written Word says. It is powerfully AWESOME and very few current pastors and teachers see it (yet!). But I am sharing with them and have been.

Do you know that the Bible says Jesus REALLY did remove ALL OUR SIN?

It is through the amazing and powerful miracle of spiritual circumcision where God separated our inner and TRUE man from the false, dead outer man who is under law and will die.

Remove all our sin? I don't think so...

Our death and rebirth broke the enslaving power that sin had over us but it did nothing about our willingness to indulge in the pleasures and profits of sin though free from addiction. Christ's blood also covers us to make us holy in GOD's sight so HE can deal with us in mercy but that does not render us holy in action in life.

IF as converted and reborn Christians, that is, adopted children of the Most HIGH, we are without sin, then these verses in Hebrew 12 have no meaning:

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 for whom the LORD loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives.� Note all the references to Sons...

If our sinless ness is automatic then there is no need for this: Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

And not only that, this training is based upon suffering and if our holiness is automatic then this suffering is wasted and without purpose so it is torture: Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

And just in case anyone was still inclined to apply these verses to someone other than legitimate reborn and confuse them with works of salvation and not sanctification, Hebrews 12:8 If you are not disciplined--and everyone undergoes discipline--then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

These verses speak about the training of our newly restored free will, free from its addiction of evil by rebirth but not free for our sinful habits. Thus by trial and error we are taught to choose righteousness only or suffer for it. We don't suffer for doing good, only evil, so if this discipline is painful it is because we fell short somehow and are being chastised to encourage us to rehabilitate our choices and learn to choose only righteousness.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #5

Post by Overcomer »

Forgive the cut and paste. I'm short of time:

"To be free from sin means that those who have made Jesus the Lord of their lives are no longer enslaved by sin. We have the power, through the Holy Spirit, to live victoriously over sin (1 Corinthians 15:56–67; Romans 8:37). Just like we once followed fleshly desires, those who are "in Christ Jesus" now follow the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:24). Because we live in a fallen world and are still fleshly creatures, we will still occasionally sin (1 John 1:9; 2:1; Romans 7:21–22). But those who follow Christ do not make sin a lifestyle choice (1 John 2:1–6; 3:6–10; Romans 6:2).

"Those who have been born again (John 3:3) have received a new nature. Whereas the old nature drew us toward self-pleasure, the new nature tugs us toward holiness (2 Corinthians 5:17). To be free from sin means it no longer wields the power it once did. The stranglehold of selfishness, greed, and lust has been broken. Freedom from sin allows us to offer ourselves as willing slaves of the Lord Jesus Christ, who continues to work in us to make us more like Him (Romans 6:18; 8:29; Philippians 2:13).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/free-from-s ... z3GRxEMhi2

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by Adstar »

[Replying to we-live-now]

I only trust the Bible. I believe the Bible contains all we need to know about the will of God for us.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

Post by JehovahsWitness »

we-live-now wrote: Do you know that the Bible says Jesus REALLY did remove ALL OUR SIN?
No. Jesus died so that that would be a reality one day. That day is not now.

John was quite clear on the matter, if anyone says they have no sin (now) they are lying, we all have sin and sin every day. This is why Jesus taught his followers to pray to Our Father, that He forgive us our sins (something that would have been unnecessary if Christians could be free from sin).

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Yahu »

we-live-now wrote: Do you know that the Bible says Jesus REALLY did remove ALL OUR SIN?
He paid the debt for our sin, not remove our ability to sin.