666 and RFID chips

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

puddleglum
Sage

666 and RFID chips

Post #1

Post by puddleglum »

This is from Alexander Pope’s poem An Essay in Criticism.
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep or taste not the Pierian spring.
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.
(In Greek mythology the Pierian spring was a fountain which was sacred to the Muses and imparted learning to anyone who drank from it.)

There are times when having just a little learning about what the Bible says can be a dangerous thing.

Most people have heard of the mark of the beast and they know that it is associated with the number 666 but don’t know anything else about it. One result is that many people are afraid they will take the mark without meaning to and be eternally condemned as a result. Here are two examples.

The first is from a news story by UPI.
A Kentucky high school student athlete declined to participate in her team’s cross-country race after she was assigned the number 666, saying it would have gone against her religious beliefs.

The number 666 is often associated with the biblical “mark of the beast.�
The second is a post on a Christian forum.
Hey guys so I’m 17 and after high school I would like to join the military (AIR FORCE!!!) but I’ve read online they might start RFIDing soldiers. I’m worried if I do enlist I will be forced to get the chip and if it turns out to be the mark of the beast…well I’m done for I guess. So can someone tell me about this? Are they really going to do this? If so is the RFID chip the actual mark of the beast? I would appreciate any help I can get guys.
Are their fears justified? The best way to answer this question is to look at what the Bible actually says about the mark of the beast. First the beast is introduced.
And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear’s, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority.

One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?�
Revelation 13:1-4 ESV
The beast will receive power and authority from the dragon, Satan, and will become an object of worship for the whole world.
And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven. Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them.

And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. If anyone has an ear, let him hear:

If anyone is to be taken captive,
to captivity he goes;
if anyone is to be slain with the sword,
with the sword must he be slain.

Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Revelation 13:5-10 ESV
Then a second beast is introduced.
Then I saw another beast rising out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb and it spoke like a dragon. It exercises all the authority of the first beast in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound was healed.

It performs great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in front of people, and by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.

And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain.
Revelation 13:11-15 ESV
Finally everyone on the earth is required to take the mark.
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.
Revelation 13:16-18 ESV
The mark of the beast will be given at a time when the beast is ruling the earth and is already requiring that he be worshipped. An order will be issued requiring everyone to take the mark. There will be laws in effect that forbid anyone without the mark to buy or sell. None of those conditions exist today so it isn’t possible for anyone to receive the mark now.

The number 666 will be associated in some way with the beast but now it is just a number like any other. It is simply one more than 665 and one less than 667. It might not even be the number of the beast. There are some manuscripts of Revelation that have the number 616 instead.

It is possible that taking the mark may include implanting an RFID chip as a means of identification but if that is true the chip itself won’t be the mark; it will only be a tool used to implement it. An RFID chip is simply a device that can be used for either good or evil purposes. Perhaps the beast will use it for evil; that shouldn’t keep others from using it for good.

Sometimes having only a little knowledge can be dangerous; the way to remove this danger is to acquire more knowledge. If you are afraid you might accidentally take the mark the best way to overcome your fear is to study Bible prophecy to learn more about what will happen in the future.

Here are two good sites that can help you:

http://compellingtruth.org/truth_End.html

http://raptureready.com/
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

Adstar
Under Probation

Re: 666 and RFID chips

Post #11

Post by Adstar »

[Replying to post 10 by followthelamb]

Hello followthelamb

The little horn that comes up amongst the ten horns and rips out 3 of the horns is the Anti-Christ. So in the end when the Anti-christ comes to power His beast empire will have 8 horns

I do not necessarily believe the Beast will be an islamic beast empire. It is clear to me that the nature of the great deception (for the anti-christ will be a great deceiver) will be the anti-christ fooling the world into believing He is the Messiah of the Jews and the returned Messiah Jesus of the Christianity. Because He will seek and will be worshiped as God by those that are deceived by Him. He will do great lying signs and wonders and if it where possible He would deceive even the Elect of God. No jihadist muslims leader will be deceiving any Jews of Christians in fact islam is looked upon my a large number of Christians as a very evil false religion. From a Christian POV muslims are already deceived. But that Anti-christ wants to deceive the children of God, He wants to deceive the Jews also. He wants to fool the people who are not yet fooled.

So the Anti-christ is far more likely to destroy islam in a war. This will cause the Jews to look upon him as their savior. It will also deceive false Christians into believing He is the returned Messiah Jesus. I encourage you to read the Book of Daniel Chapter 11 and the prophecy of the War between the evil King of the North and the evil King of the South. I believe this is part of the wars and talk of wars spoken of in prophecy that will be signs of the end times. I believe the Anti-christ must win a false battle of Armageddon to deceive christians. I believe the anti-christ will use islam as an expendable "bad guys" pawn.. He will destroy islam and wipe out the arabic populations of the middle east.. As part of the great deception..

followthelamb
Student

Post #12

Post by followthelamb »

Adstar wrote: [Replying to post 10 by followthelamb]

Hello followthelamb

The little horn that comes up amongst the ten horns and rips out 3 of the horns is the Anti-Christ. So in the end when the Anti-christ comes to power His beast empire will have 8 horns

I do not necessarily believe the Beast will be an islamic beast empire. It is clear to me that the nature of the great deception (for the anti-christ will be a great deceiver) will be the anti-christ fooling the world into believing He is the Messiah of the Jews and the returned Messiah Jesus of the Christianity. Because He will seek and will be worshiped as God by those that are deceived by Him. He will do great lying signs and wonders and if it where possible He would deceive even the Elect of God. No jihadist muslims leader will be deceiving any Jews of Christians in fact islam is looked upon my a large number of Christians as a very evil false religion. From a Christian POV muslims are already deceived. But that Anti-christ wants to deceive the children of God, He wants to deceive the Jews also. He wants to fool the people who are not yet fooled.

So the Anti-christ is far more likely to destroy islam in a war. This will cause the Jews to look upon him as their savior. It will also deceive false Christians into believing He is the returned Messiah Jesus. I encourage you to read the Book of Daniel Chapter 11 and the prophecy of the War between the evil King of the North and the evil King of the South. I believe this is part of the wars and talk of wars spoken of in prophecy that will be signs of the end times. I believe the Anti-christ must win a false battle of Armageddon to deceive christians. I believe the anti-christ will use islam as an expendable "bad guys" pawn.. He will destroy islam and wipe out the arabic populations of the middle east.. As part of the great deception..
Brethren listen to me and please understand.
We are men, we all have our own interpretation of the doctrine concerning the last days. But who gives it? Even so what makes sense to us is not always how the lord your god wants the end to come.

The things im saying to you today concerning the end was not always in me.For i believed in the bread of the disappearing of the saints on the last day which passed. but the bread i was feed was not the true bread concerning the end.

Last year when the prince of princes came unto me it was told to me that the rapture of the saints was the death of them. that was the first of the last days doctrine that was given to me so my heart can understand.

Then the bread of the tribulation was feed to me. for 3 and a half years it will be.

knowledge came piece by piece and part by part, till it all fitted like a puzzle

now the riddle is understood and u must understand.

The 1290 from the start of the daily sacrifice being taken away and the start of the abomination of desolation is the 42 months when jerusalem will be given into the hands of the gentiles and when the kingdoms is given unto the beast.

but that is not yet, first he shall take the kingdoms by flatteries.
and by peace he must destroy many.
His fighters are fighting for their god, but his god and our god is not the same god.
they think they are fighting for our god for it is written,

The days come when those who kill you shall think they are doing gods service.

These are the days that jesus spoke of in in john 16 verse 2 (tho not only these days but in before times as well)

All muslims are anti-christ but their leader is the head of them,

Behold dont say in your heart their is no way a muslim can deceive the very elect for i tell you the time comes when

A man shall come and shall do great wonders and miracles in front of men, so men shall believe for the miracles he shall do. For a spirit was given unto him to fulfill his will tho that spirit which works the wonders are unclean, this same man is the false prophet.

by these mircales yet not alone are how the isles will be deceived.

That time is drawing near for i tell you abu bakr al baghdadi is the head and he is the little horn.

listen the scriptures and understand. behold if you disagree with me, if your heart does not believe then keep the words said to you today in your heart and be on guard.

when you see these things on the news, when u see the leader of the islamic state take many nations, when u see the captivity of egypt. the destruction of jerusalem and the falling of that great whore.

Remember these words was spoken unto you. for it was not me but the lord god who moves all men.

What is it for you to do? Flee to moab but if you are taken captivity or your souls fate is at a choice, refuse his mark tho you will be in great tribulation and some shall suffer agony, spoil and many times many shall fall by the sword and by flame to try them and to purge them and to make them white

worthy of the calling and the inheritance the martyrs of jesus in these days to come will inherit.

For after the days of the destruction of the holy ones, they who remain on the earth shall seek death and how a women runs away from a man and the man desires her with all his heart so shall they who dwell upon the earth seek death and death shall flee from them till the time appointed.

For those days will be the days of the great quake and the revenge of the blood of the saints that the whole world tasted

followthelamb
Student

Post #13

Post by followthelamb »

[Replying to post 12 by followthelamb]

*Dont say their is no way a muslim can deceive the very elect tho you are correct for no man can deceive the very elect but the rest of the nations shall be deceive no matter what abomination they come in saying this is the true god and word of it

but the true god is the lord god of abraham and the lord jesus him self

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #14

Post by Adstar »

[Replying to post 13 by followthelamb]

Thanks for your post followthelamb. I shall keep an eye on abu bakr al baghdadi. And i would also ask you to also keep looking and if the time comes that this man is killed and dies and does not perform any signs and great lying wonders Seek God anew. Call upon God to forgive you and lead you onto the right Way.

As for the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine. I have known for some time that it is a false escapist doctrine. I believe it was created to make people think that they do not need to seek understanding about the end times because they would be removed from the world before anything bad happens. Of course Anyone who has read the scriptures knows that in the end times true followers of Jesus will be beheaded for refusing to worship the image of the beast. Yes and the scriptures you quoted are correct. Those who will kill us will think they are doing God service

John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

They shall think they are doing God service because they will believe the anti-christ is God..

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by Adstar »

followthelamb wrote: [Replying to post 12 by followthelamb]

but the true god is the lord god of abraham and the lord jesus him self
Yes indeed Jesus is LORD :D

It gladdens me that you believe this too.

followthelamb
Student

Post #16

Post by followthelamb »

[Replying to Adstar]

Brethren all things are possible. And yes if that man was to die and not to be the little horn I would pray and still seek god. I pray we are never turned away from god. Pray for me and I will pray for u.
But brethren that's it . All I am saying is to watch... And listen to the scriptures and do his commandments. To see if what god was saying in times before is happening now (which it is)

But seriously keep an eye on that man. And when u fully understand the times and what is going on. Warn other people. So hopefully they don't take the mark when that time comes

God willing for all.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by Danmark »

followthelamb wrote:
Brethren listen to me and please understand.
For those days will be the days of the great quake and the revenge of the blood of the saints that the whole world tasted
:warning: Moderator Warning

Violates the preaching guidelines from start to finish.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by Adstar »

[Replying to post 17 by Danmark]

The post was directed to me.. Not to anyone else.. I am a Christian. The "brethren" are fellow Christians not people who do not believe in God. So respectfully, he is not "preaching" to non-Christians..

followthelamb
Student

Post #19

Post by followthelamb »

[Replying to Adstar]

Brethren dont be marveled at denmark, for i tell you i have been put out of many websites, and even some preachers from some churches forbad me to speak the words of the god they say they worship.

All these things and way more to come will they do to his people.

Remember, its written In john 15:20

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

They did this and way more to jesus i tell you they will do it to the saints also

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by dianaiad »

Adstar wrote: [Replying to post 17 by Danmark]

The post was directed to me.. Not to anyone else.. I am a Christian. The "brethren" are fellow Christians not people who do not believe in God. So respectfully, he is not "preaching" to non-Christians..
:warning: Moderator Warning

If you disagree with a moderation action, warning or comment, send a PM to the moderator involved. Do not respond on the public forum.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.