How to know that you are really saved(born again)!

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

How to know that you are really saved(born again)!

Post #1

Post by GISMYS »

How can we know we are really saved? Because God’s Word tells us, and God cannot lie. If you have put your personal faith and trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, the Bible says God has made you a member of His family. ‘God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life … These things I have written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life’ (1 John 5:11-13). ‘God said it—I believe it—that settles it!’ Romans 10:9-13==if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be [h]disappointed.� 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.�

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by GISMYS »

[Replying to post 29 by OnceConvinced]

Those that end up in hell do so because they chose to live in sin and rejected God's love and forgivness then the typical sinner wants to turn and blame God!!! Dream on.

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by GISMYS »

[Replying to post 30 by OnceConvinced]

Time is very short! I expect Jesus to return before the end of 2016, Jesus says we cannot know the hour or day of His return but we believers are to know when He is at the door ready to return and that time is here now! are you ready or will you be left behind? your choice!

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by Danmark »

GISMYS wrote: [Replying to post 30 by OnceConvinced]

Time is very short! I expect Jesus to return before the end of 2016, Jesus says we cannot know the hour or day of His return but we believers are to know when He is at the door ready to return and that time is here now! are you ready or will you be left behind? your choice!
You're only off by nearly 2000 years. Jesus supposedly said he was coming back before some he was talking to had died. See Mark 13, Luke 21, and Matthew 24. He either already came back or he ain't coming.

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by GISMYS »

[Replying to post 33 by Danmark]

Read in contex! Jesus said the generation that sees the signs He had just named would not die before He returns and that generation is "US"! PTL.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #35

Post by OnceConvinced »

GISMYS wrote: [Replying to post 29 by OnceConvinced]

Those that end up in hell do so because they chose to live in sin and rejected God's love and forgivness then the typical sinner wants to turn and blame God!!! Dream on.
No, I escaped the dream world about 8 years ago when I realized I no longer believed anymore. I no longer live in that Christian delusion.
GISMYS wrote: Time is very short! I expect Jesus to return before the end of 2016, Jesus says we cannot know the hour or day of His return but we believers are to know when He is at the door ready to return and that time is here now! are you ready or will you be left behind? your choice!
Every Christian for the last 2000 years has believed they were living in the end times and Jesus was returning soon. Even Paul did. They have all been wrong.

When 2017 comes, I expect you to return here and apologize to us for crying wolf.

Sorry, but to me any ideas about Jesus returning is sheer fantasy. That promise to return is way past its use by date. When 2016 has come and gone you will realize how wrong your prediction was.

Anyway. back to reality...

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #36

Post by OnceConvinced »

GISMYS wrote: [Replying to post 33 by Danmark]

Read in contex! Jesus said the generation that sees the signs He had just named would not die before He returns and that generation is "US"! PTL.
It's you that's not reading in context. You're trying to twist words to make them mean something different. Jesus was speaking to the people themselves and talking about their life times not some future person or generation's life time. Even Paul took at as the current generation. He was adamant that Jesus was returning in his life time. He even believed the end times had come and stated that the gospel had been preached to every living creature under the sun - the final act before Christ's return.

Even Paul was wrong.

Sorry, GISMYS, but Jesus ain't coming back. If he did it was in the first century.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by GISMYS »

[Replying to post 36 by OnceConvinced]

LOL!!! WOW! Read Matthew 23:3-51 ALL future events that are coming true only now in our time.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #38

Post by Danmark »

GISMYS wrote: [Replying to post 33 by Danmark]

No. That generation is the generation he was talking to. That is why he said "this generation." It is even more clear when you read it in context.

Neatras
Guru

Post #39

Post by Neatras »

GISMYS wrote: [Replying to post 30 by OnceConvinced]

This is fantastic! It's finally something tangible in this gobbledygook you've been forcefeeding this thread. You're making a PREDICTION. Something we can verify and use to chart the truthfulness of your claims.

You say you "expect Jesus to return before the end of 2016," well, I contest this claim! When 2017 rolls around and nothing notable happens, will you accept the failure of your claim and use that to alter your perceptions, or at least avoid making erroneous claims you can't back up? Or will you go on shooting off this kind of talk as if nothing happened at all?

The Harold Campings of our age are just like the Harold Campings of any age. Your claims are the same as the claims of millions of dead humans saying "Jesus will come back in my lifetime."

Currently, we're tallying off how many times they were right. 0 so far, but if you think you've got a shot at getting a point in your favor, be my guest!

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by GISMYS »

[Replying to post 39 by Neatras]

This is my opinion from reading Bible prophecy=I expect Jesus to return before the end of 2016 and by seeing myself bible prophecy coming true almost each day the last few years! are you ready?