For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Sweet~T
Banned
Banned

After Death

Post #1

Post by Sweet~T »

To start this my question is simple, how can so many people be so absolutely sure about what happens after death when we have yet to die and find out?
This is not specifically aimed at christians, for every religious personclaims to know this.
Show me a man Ican conversate with that was dead for over a week, found out for sure, and came back to let us all know.
Sorry if my remarks seem inflammatory, merely used to being defensive, because I am from the 'Bible Belt' and anytime in my life if I have asked a question or disaggreed I have been shot down. Brutally. Made to feel ignorant, even even treated subhuman for not believing. This forum is the first time I've been allowed to question freely.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: After Death

Post #11

Post by OnceConvinced »

Hezekiah_Holbrooke wrote:

Then the resurrection.
Have you ever witnessed a resurrection take place at a funeral? For that matter have you ever witnessed a resurrection take place at all?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

jerryxplu
Student

Re: After Death

Post #12

Post by jerryxplu »

[Replying to Sweet~T]

In short "Faith" or just a believe without proof. Otherwise if it is just a fact then you don't need faith.

I think it is just a matter of human being human with the idea of us being special. Our belief in the idea of a soul that can exist without a body. That we can't just simply cease to exist after death. I guess I do understand that sentiment as it is quite sad to think that within a hundred years or so no body will even remember that we existed or at least talk about much. Not to mention thousands or millions of years from now.

sickles
Sage

Post #13

Post by sickles »

What happens to you after death? Forgive my rudeness for answering a question with a question, but, maybe what happens to "you" after death is the same thing that happens to the rest of yourself after death?
"Behold! A Man!" ~ Diogenes, my Hero.