Is having sex with an animal a crime or even wrong?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

jeager106
Scholar

Is having sex with an animal a crime or even wrong?

Post #1

Post by jeager106 »

I read recently a 20 year old woman had been having sex with her dog since age 13.
She made selfie and Fido video and showed her boyfriend who was shocked and turned her into cops & she was charged with beastiality, later amended to
a crime against nature.

An odd charge in light of global warming, pollution, rising ocean levels and no one is charged with a criminal offense of a crime against nature.

Should she be criminally prosecuted & is this a crime in your opinion?
No one has commented on Fido's response, or if Fido was in fact willing.
Does Fido need psychological counseling or simply shot in the head as has been the practice for centuries?
Kidding aside tho is this an issue of morality or sexual preference?
Is it a moral AND criminal issue or a morality issue only?
Should the boyfriend feel his g-friend cheated on him? (moral & emotional response?)
Should the b-friend have gone to the cops?
What is a crime against nature? Should the woman be charged criminally with anything?
There are a lot of really keen minds here & I respect them so.
I value those opinions.

If you must have documentation there are many on line articles.
Here's is but one.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/2 ... 12694.html

Beans
Banned
Banned
Location: Prefer not to disclose that or my year of birth over the Internet

Post #51

Post by Beans »

[Replying to post 50 by Divine Insight]

It is meaningless to you because you think you living at peace as one person is significant compared to Jehovah's Witnesses bringing some 14 million people to complete peace world-wide. LOL. And they have done that in less than 100 years whereas groups like the Jainism has been around a couple thousand years or more and have not yet succeeded in doing that.

That is what I mean when I say you are not about solutions. You just want everything your way.

And that is why there can be no discussion with you.

A side note about Jehovah's Witnesses is that they do not count their children as members. They wait until a child is old enough to make the decision his or her self as to whether they desire to be made a formal member. Therefore one cannot go by what they post as their number of active members . That active membership number is something over 7 million not counting their children and the many associate non-members who attend their memorials and have informally embraced their ways of peace.

Jainism on the other hand numbers about 6.1 million world-wide counting their children in that number. And as i said before, Jainism is in very few countries where as Jehovah's Witnesses are in most all of them. That is very impressive for the short time they have existed as an organization.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #52

Post by Divine Insight »

Beans wrote: That is what I mean when I say you are not about solutions. You just want everything your way.
My solution is precisely the same as Jesus' solution in principle. So if you don't like my solution, then you don't like Jesus' solution.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Beans
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by Beans »

Divine Insight wrote:
Beans wrote: That is what I mean when I say you are not about solutions. You just want everything your way.
My solution is precisely the same as Jesus' solution in principle. So if you don't like my solution, then you don't like Jesus' solution.
I won't dispute that.

But where is your proof that your paradigm for what you consider to be, quote, "precisely the same as Jesus' solution in principle", deserves to be trusted?

Can you furnish proof on the level JWs have? Or, am I simply supposed to take it for granted that your way is comparably sound?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #54

Post by Divine Insight »

Beans wrote: Can you furnish proof on the level JWs have? Or, am I simply supposed to take it for granted that your way is comparably sound?
The JWs don't have anymore proof of anything that I have.

That's your ungrounded claim.

And besides, none of this has anything at all to do with Jesus.

There are many Christians who disagree with the "Jesus Model" that the JWs hold to be true.

In fact, I have already proven that the JW "Jesus Model" fails. Because they fail to include the every jot and tittle thing. So they are ignoring words attributed to Jesus.

In fact, the JW's are already conforming to "My Model", because I too reject the every jot and tittle thing.

So tell the JW's "Welcome aboard!"

They are conforming to what I condone. Not what Jesus Condones.

Remember, I said "My solution is precisely the same as Jesus' solution in principle."

And I can only even say that because most Christians are in total denial of the jot and tittle thing. They reject "Christianity" just as much as I do.

If the JW's agree with me (which it certainly appears they do since they aren't following every jot and tittle of the Old Testament). Then they are actually in harmony with me. Not with Jesus. ;)

They are rejecting the teachings of Jesus because Jesus proclaimed that he did not come to change the law, and that not one jot nor one tittle shall pass from law.

When was the last time you saw a Jehovah's witness kill someone for preaching of a God other than than the Biblical God? When was the last time you saw a Jehovah's Witness kill someone for working on the sabbath? When was the last time you heard of Jehovah Witnesses stoning their unruly children to death?

You haven't. Because, like me, they reject the Biblical Jesus. They have created their own imaginary Jesus.

~~~~

In fact, it's not just a problem with the jot and tittle thing. If they are going to claim that Jesus is the Son of Jehovah (or is Jehovah himself) then they are actually claiming that Jesus was the God who commanded all the jots and tittles of the Old Testament. So they are even in worse shape yet.

That is what cannot be supported. That is the paradigm that is impossible to justify.

So apparently the JW's are far more like me than like the Biblical Jesus. They just don't realize it evidently.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Beans
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by Beans »

Divine Insight wrote:
Beans wrote: Can you furnish proof on the level JWs have? Or, am I simply supposed to take it for granted that your way is comparably sound?
The JWs don't have anymore proof of anything that I have.

That's your ungrounded claim.

And besides, none of this has anything at all to do with Jesus.

There are many Christians who disagree with the "Jesus Model" that the JWs hold to be true.

In fact, I have already proven that the JW "Jesus Model" fails. Because they fail to include the every jot and tittle thing. So they are ignoring words attributed to Jesus.

In fact, the JW's are already conforming to "My Model", because I too reject the every jot and tittle thing.

So tell the JW's "Welcome aboard!"

They are conforming to what I condone. Not what Jesus Condones.

Remember, I said "My solution is precisely the same as Jesus' solution in principle."

And I can only even say that because most Christians are in total denial of the jot and tittle thing. They reject "Christianity" just as much as I do.

If the JW's agree with me (which it certainly appears they do since they aren't following every jot and tittle of the Old Testament). Then they are actually in harmony with me. Not with Jesus. ;)

They are rejecting the teachings of Jesus because Jesus proclaimed that he did not come to change the law, and that not one jot nor one tittle shall pass from law.

When was the last time you saw a Jehovah's witness kill someone for preaching of a God other than than the Biblical God? When was the last time you saw a Jehovah's Witness kill someone for working on the sabbath? When was the last time you heard of Jehovah Witnesses stoning their unruly children to death?

You haven't. Because, like me, they reject the Biblical Jesus. They have created their own imaginary Jesus.

~~~~

In fact, it's not just a problem with the jot and tittle thing. If they are going to claim that Jesus is the Son of Jehovah (or is Jehovah himself) then they are actually claiming that Jesus was the God who commanded all the jots and tittles of the Old Testament. So they are even in worse shape yet.

That is what cannot be supported. That is the paradigm that is impossible to justify.

So apparently the JW's are far more like me than like the Biblical Jesus. They just don't realize it evidently.
I accept that this summation of yours is what you genuinely believe but the problem in my accepting your summation is that I see a great deal of misunderstanding within it.

There are very few people that can explain the every jots and tittles like I and most mature Jehovah's Witnesses can. And while that understanding benefits me it is also true that very few people are humble enough to allow me or anyone else help them to understand Jesus' statement concerning the jots and tittles of that Old Law.

I see that you also lack in understanding of the real Biblical picture of God and Jesus. But not you alone, for two thirds of claimed Christianity also lacks that understanding.

It is what it is.

jeager106
Scholar

Post #56

Post by jeager106 »

[Replying to post 55 by Beans]

Beans: Re: your most recent post.

2/3rds of "Christianity"?
I thought it was ALL of Christendom?
If there is another group that is as well schooled in scripture as the J.W.'s I'd
like to know about it.
Perhaps the Bible Students?
Way off topic of having sex with animals of course.
But it seems it already got out of hand. ;)

Beans
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by Beans »

jeager106 wrote: [Replying to post 55 by Beans]

Beans: Re: your most recent post.

2/3rds of "Christianity"?
I thought it was ALL of Christendom?
If there is another group that is as well schooled in scripture as the J.W.'s I'd
like to know about it.
Perhaps the Bible Students?
Way off topic of having sex with animals of course.
But it seems it already got out of hand. ;)

Yes, all it takes is to respond back to one comment for side roads to begin.

You are absolutely right.

I am not ashamed of Christ in the slightest but I am very ashamed of Christianity as it appears today to the world. They would have pushed me to the atheist's side if not for my own personal studies. Even real life, not just on the Internet, they have been so rude to me and played so many tricks on me that it would be easy to have turned to hating them. They turned my own family against associating with me, filling them with fear that I would mislead them. And to me their actions could not have been performed better by the devil himself.

jeager106
Scholar

Post #58

Post by jeager106 »

[Replying to post 57 by Beans]

If you please? Who is the "they" you speak of that were rude, turned family, etc.?
I feel that Christianity has been misleading people since Constantine.
I feel most, probably nearly ALL of Christendom has been tainted with misinformation, mistranslations, lies served between truths.
When I spot seeming contratidictions in scripture I investigate, try to unlock
the truth, separate the truth from evil influence.

I don't have all the Truth, I'm only one, with a limited college education, none of it specializing in theology but I feel I can trust the work of the J.W.s organization to dig for the truth, debunk the falsehoods, false doctrines.
I don't wonder why there are so many in the "great falling away" how have
discovered the pomp, power hungry clergy, the contradictions that are flat
out lies.
The J.W. organization has done a great job of debunking lies, setting the truth right and spreading the truth in just about 100 years.
When the organization find they have been mislead themselve they admit it and put it right without reservation.

Beans
Banned
Banned

Post #59

Post by Beans »

jeager106 wrote: [Replying to post 57 by Beans]

If you please? Who is the "they" you speak of that were rude, turned family, etc.?
I feel that Christianity has been misleading people since Constantine.
I feel most, probably nearly ALL of Christendom has been tainted with misinformation, mistranslations, lies served between truths.
When I spot seeming contratidictions in scripture I investigate, try to unlock
the truth, separate the truth from evil influence.

I don't have all the Truth, I'm only one, with a limited college education, none of it specializing in theology but I feel I can trust the work of the J.W.s organization to dig for the truth, debunk the falsehoods, false doctrines.
I don't wonder why there are so many in the "great falling away" how have
discovered the pomp, power hungry clergy, the contradictions that are flat
out lies.
The J.W. organization has done a great job of debunking lies, setting the truth right and spreading the truth in just about 100 years.
When the organization find they have been mislead themselve they admit it and put it right without reservation.
I once again agree with you. Your approach sounds similar to my own.

"They" are actually various denominations which are common to different of my relatives. Though there is a good side to it and that is that where they used to argue among themselves they now found something they can unite on. That being demonizing me because what I believe is so different from what they have been taught. What happens is that when I would stump them they would each run back to their preferred church leaders for answers. Then when they returned those answers and realized those answers did not hold any more water than the first thing they were trying to convince me of, they would run back again to their church leaders who all eventually just began using the fear tactic on them that my teachings are of the devil and powerful by the devil, so they need to avoid me altogether. Not even a middle road but altogether.

I agree with what you said about JWs for they get treated just like I do. And even when we disagree in places they remain civil and still show love toward me.

Am I allowed to start a thread about general discussion of Christian beliefs?

I am concerned that we ought to stick to the OP in already existing threads and feel I have allowed myself to get too far away from that too many times already.
But I would love to have more in depth discussion with you and with arius and ttrustscot, as well as others whose comments I have found fascinating.

jeager106
Scholar

Post #60

Post by jeager106 »

I must freel admit that I find little in the J.W. doctrines to question.
For something like 15/16 years I have been digging up all I can on the contradictions I find in the Christian Bible(s).
I have concluded that the trinity, the notion of a real hell of everlasting torment is
pagan in origins, the meaning of the word "hell" ha been lost too tradition in the beliefe of hell as commonlly accepted by most all of Christendom.
Same with "heaven" as a place where good guys/gals go floating off someplace else to sing praises to "god" 24/7 is all wrong and sounds more like hell to me.
But we have drifted way of topic with respect to the sick practice of allowing
animals to like sex parts for personal gratification.
Rationalising such practices as being disgusting but "o.k." is almost as awful to me
as committing the doggie sex act.
Why don't you start a thread on J.W. doctrine vs. the rest of Christendom?