"Likes" & "Unlikes"

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

"Likes" & "Unlikes"

Post #1

Post by ThePainefulTruth »

Could you make the like and unlike buttons more prominent (I just don't notice them and nobody else seems to use them), and maybe promote their use? I think feedback is important.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Yes, I can do this. I'll try to implement something in the beginning of next year.

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #3

otseng wrote: Yes, I can do this. I'll try to implement something in the beginning of next year.

Thx.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

I wish they could update dynamically like on Face book rather than having to hit the back button.

But yes, I think having them be more obvious would be good.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #5

Also, shouldn't it be "dislike"? I mean, isn't "unlike", like undoing a "like".....or something. Just sayin'.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #6

Post by OnceConvinced »

I guess having "Dislike" will deter people from posting, because there will be some who post here who would get masses of "dislikes" and then be put off posting here. So I think it's kind of supposed to be a positive thing rather than a negative.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Paprika
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Paprika »

Some of my posts have been liked, but alas I can't reciprocate. Is there some reason why (eg. settings, some requirement to be fulfilled)?

AdHoc
Guru

Post #8

Post by AdHoc »

ThePainefulTruth wrote: Also, shouldn't it be "dislike"? I mean, isn't "unlike", like undoing a "like".....or something. Just sayin'.
But then some people might inadvertently hit the dislike button because they're all like "dis i like".

Hey can we add a "I-have-no comment-on-my-feelings-about-this post" button?

And of course obviously we need to add a "this-post-made-me-feel-awkward" button as evidenced by a recent TMI post that I read yesterday.

You KNOW who you are...

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #9

Post by OnceConvinced »

Hi Paprika. This might be a question for Otseng, but I would think you would be able to because you've been here a while now and done plenty of posts. You can't see the text in blue just below each post "Like this post"?

Hamsaka
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Hamsaka »

OnceConvinced wrote: I guess having "Dislike" will deter people from posting, because there will be some who post here who would get masses of "dislikes" and then be put off posting here. So I think it's kind of supposed to be a positive thing rather than a negative.
I know your post is 'old' OC, but it brought to mind my knitting/crocheting/spinning forum I belong to. It has a multitude of 'like'-like buttons; like, dislike, interesting, educational, and "love" (we like to 'love' each others magnificent creations).

There's been ongoing problems with folks who want more personal attention hunting members down just to 'dislike' each and every one of their posts. Even middle aged biddies like me forget we have left junior high school.

If you give humans an opportunity to vent their vitriol anonymously -- like, say, the internet, or a 'dislike' button, they'll blow your mind with all the creative ways to vent it and get away with it.