Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Eastern mysticism

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 3 by Divine Insight]
In fact, you already have all the evidence you need to know that the Eastern Mystical God exists. If you fail to believe in this God it can only be because you don't understand the religion. Because if you did understand the religion you could not deny its God. At least not as the religion defines it.

The tables are turned in Eastern Mysticism. In other words, if you wish to argue for a purely secular materialistic existence, then the burden for that claim is on your shoulders. You'd have to explain how that can be true.
Over to Divine Insight or anyone that can explain it please.

Q1) what is the god of eastern mysticism?

Q2) why is the burden of proof on the materialist?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

jgh7

Post #51

Post by jgh7 »

My definition of a supernatural entity is a conciousness that can still exist without having an active brain. It exists in and of itself immaterially.

Do any of you believe in that definition of supernaturalism as the truth, and under what evidence or reasoning do you believe that.

If you don't believe that, than isn't it better to label your beliefs as philosophies rather than religion.

chevron1
Banned
Banned

Re: Eastern mysticism

Post #52

Post by chevron1 »

Wootah wrote: Q2) why is the burden of proof on the materialist?
is this saying that the proof must be scientific?

chevron1
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by chevron1 »

jgh7 wrote: My definition of a supernatural entity is a conciousness that can still exist without having an active brain.

some eastern mysticism like taoism believe in body consciousness. that is, the body itself has a mind of its own independently of the brain, which is regarded as another organ in the body, although with functions pertaining to interactive consciousness.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Eastern mysticism

Post #54

Post by Wootah »

chevron1 wrote:
Wootah wrote: Q2) why is the burden of proof on the materialist?
is this saying that the proof must be scientific?
When I quoted Divine Insight he the quoted part said, "if you wish to argue for a purely secular materialistic existence, then the burden for that claim is on your shoulders"

My question was questioning that.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."