Your very own usergroup

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Your very own usergroup

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Now, you can have your very own usergroup. Post in this thread the name that you'd like. I'll make sure the name conforms to the standards of this site and deduct 2500 tokens from you. Then, you'll be the owner and member of that usergroup. By default, people will be able to freely join your group. Or you can choose to confirm membership requests.

To request your personal usergroup, provide the following:
- Name of usergroup (40 character limit)
- Description (255 character limit)
- Note if you want to confirm membership from others (default will be no)

For an additional charge of 10,000 tokens, you can also have your own subforum for your usergroup. Please provide the following info:
- Name of usergroup (40 character limit)
- Description (80 character limit)

Subforum activity requirement:
- Subforums must maintain some activity in it. Subforums that do not have any activity for six months can get removed (posts made to simply bump threads do not count). There will be no refunds given for any subforums removed.

Additional restrictions:
- Do not add people to your group without their permission. Otherwise I will delete your group.
- Descriptions cannot point to personal websites. If a link is found to point to inappropriate and/or offensive material, the group will be deleted.

1/3/2011 Modification:
- Changed group price from 500 to 1000 tokens
- Changed subforum price from 2000 to 5000 tokens

1/12/2013 Modification:
- Added subforum activity requirement

12/31/2016 Modification:
- Changed group price from 1000 to 2500 tokens
- Changed subforum price from 5000 to 10,000 tokens
Last edited by otseng on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Post #761

Post by OpenYourEyes »

otseng wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote: I know you have a subforum for debate but whyare others able to create custom subforums to both debate and discuss but I cant? Seems unfair. I want a discussion free f propagada.
One reason is there are no duplicate subforums that cover the same topics. You're requesting a new subforum where one already exists.

If a custom discussion group has debate in it, it's against the rules. Anyone is free to report that to curb any debates in the discussion subforums.
I want the subforum tailored to Christians. You have a subforum on homosexuality tailored for the LGBT and ithas scientific discussions...delete
Last edited by OpenYourEyes on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Post #762

Post by OpenYourEyes »

otseng wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote: I know you have a subforum for debate but whyare others able to create custom subforums to both debate and discuss but I cant? Seems unfair. I want a discussion free f propagada.
One reason is there are no duplicate subforums that cover the same topics. You're requesting a new subforum where one already exists.

If a custom discussion group has debate in it, it's against the rules. Anyone is free to report that to curb any debates in the discussion subforums.
I want the subforum tailored to Christians that deals with effective rebuttals. You have a subforum on homosexuality tailored for the LGBT and ithas scientific discussions...
For example .. Hers is one... What does science really say about homosexuality
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=28175

This is in the custom subforum

This couldnt havebeen posted elsewhere??¿????

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

New User Group

Post #763

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

I would like to create a user group called "Supports The Golden Rule."

The "Supports The Golden Rule" user group is for those who feel that almost all of the world's interpersonal problems would be solved if we all just treated each other in the way we would like to be treated ourselves.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Re: New User Group

Post #764

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 762 by Tired of the Nonsense]

But maybe the way you treat yourself might not be the way others wish to be treated? :D

otseng
Savant

Re: New User Group

Post #765

Post by otseng »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote: I would like to create a user group called "Supports The Golden Rule."

The "Supports The Golden Rule" user group is for those who feel that almost all of the world's interpersonal problems would be solved if we all just treated each other in the way we would like to be treated ourselves.
Done. 1000 tokens charged.

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Post #766

Post by OpenYourEyes »

Subforum request
Title: Historical Jesus
Description: Debate on Jesus from a Historical Level

Closed membership. Members must be part of the subgroup below.

Subgroup
Title: Historical Jesus Club
Description: Members of the Historical Jesus subforum [hyperlink to subforum]. For members who enjoy the topic of the historical Jesus.

Open membership.

otseng
Savant

Post #767

Post by otseng »

[Replying to post 765 by OpenYourEyes]

Done. 6000 tokens charged.

Elijah John
Savant

New usergroup.

Post #768

Post by Elijah John »

Request for new usergroup..."unitarian Christian" Small "u" to distinguish from the Unitarian Universalist church, but monotheistic UU's would be welcome to join too.

For those who understand God to be singular in unity, and not a "compound unity", unitarian as opposed to trinitarian.

Open group.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

otseng
Savant

Re: New usergroup.

Post #769

Post by otseng »

Elijah John wrote: Request for new usergroup..."unitarian Christian" Small "u" to distinguish from the Unitarian Universalist church, but monotheistic UU's would be welcome to join too.

For those who understand God to be singular in unity, and not a "compound unity", unitarian as opposed to trinitarian.

Open group.
Done. 1000 tokens deducted.

Talishi
Guru

Re: New usergroup.

Post #770

Post by Talishi »

[Replying to post 768 by otseng]

I'd like to start a public sub-forum that focuses exclusively on the Christian Bible, the contradictions therein, how we know we have the right books, the applicability of the OT to Christians, questions of dates and authorship, possible interpolations, which parts are clearly symbolic and which are to be taken literally. Right now this is carried out over several forums in a scattershot manner.

Title: Sacred Scripture
Description: The Bible: When, how, and who wrote it, what it means & why

I have my requisite 6000 tokens available for deduction.

Thank you!
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!