Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Correcting the Flawed Beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists

Post #1

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

Each flawed Seventh-day Adventist belief falls into one of two categories: repairable or irreparable. I assert that the Fundamental Beliefs of Confessing Millerite Adventists are perfect and that the Seventh-day Adventist Church has a lot of repairable doctrines.

This thread is for the purpose of letting Confessing Millerite Adventists repair the flawed beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Which flawed SDA belief would you like to see repaired first?

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

onewithhim wrote: I do not see why they cling to Sunday as being a strict day of rest, as required under the Law,
Perhaps you mean Saturday (more precisely, from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday). You have already stated why. It is a requirement under Old Testament Law.

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Re: SDAs believe in a literal, geophysical end of the world

Post #12

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

onewithhim wrote: OK...Miss White realizes that the time of judgment of "ungodly men" is soon to come, but if the earth LITERALLY burns and heaves and becomes like "one molten mass," what happens to the RIGHTEOUS people?
According to Sister White, the righteous will be inside of God's supernaturally protected celestial city, the New Jerusalem, while all the wicked will be burning and suffering outside. When the global, inescapable fire eventually consumes the wicked and purifies the earth, the earth will be transformed into a paradise to be enjoyed by the faithful forever.

http://www.whiteestate.org/books/gc/gc.asp

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

SDAs are right about Christ's physical return from heaven

Post #13

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

onewithhim wrote: ... apparently they feel that Jesus will come back physically, which I do not believe that the Bible teaches.
They are right. The physical return of Jesus happens to be a clearly stated Scriptural promise.

John 14
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

Acts 1
9 When he had said this, as they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 While he was going and they were gazing up toward heaven, suddenly two men in white robes stood by them. 11 They said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.�