Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus on hell

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Luke 12

4 I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell.

That sounds like Jesus believed in Hell. Anyone disagree?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by Benoni »

Gehenna is for believer. No where does it say that the loss will go though Gehenna. But it does say "brother". How can a brother be the loss? First you would have to show me where God’s Word declares Gehenna is a place for sinners of the world/heathen/gentiles/non believers etc; SOMETHING? I do not care the fire is or where it comes from; or what ever fire God pours out on mankind; what I am saying to it is not literal, totally figuratively. Yes the fires in the OT toward the disobedient or misinformed people who did not do the right thing; there earthy body was gone, burnt up; but always their spirit returns to God who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

What I am saying to you is figuratively, or by using the scriptural symbolic language found in both NT and OT. Or another word examples point to what God’s Word is declaring about Gehenna or the Lake of Fire; (I cannot link these two places in scripture) let us not ask believe and trust the established; but reached out to what God’s Word is saying.

1 Corin 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell (Gehenna) fire.

This would also line up with the teachings of Matt 25 with the sheep and the goats,

Left Site
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by Left Site »

Benoni wrote: Gehenna is for believer. No where does it say that the loss will go though Gehenna. But it does say "brother". How can a brother be the loss? First you would have to show me where God’s Word declares Gehenna is a place for sinners of the world/heathen/gentiles/non believers etc; SOMETHING? I do not care the fire is or where it comes from; or what ever fire God pours out on mankind; what I am saying to it is not literal, totally figuratively. Yes the fires in the OT toward the disobedient or misinformed people who did not do the right thing; there earthy body was gone, burnt up; but always their spirit returns to God who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

What I am saying to you is figuratively, or by using the scriptural symbolic language found in both NT and OT. Or another word examples point to what God’s Word is declaring about Gehenna or the Lake of Fire; (I cannot link these two places in scripture) let us not ask believe and trust the established; but reached out to what God’s Word is saying.

1 Corin 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell (Gehenna) fire.

This would also line up with the teachings of Matt 25 with the sheep and the goats,
Based upon the fact that Gehenna was a garbage dump located outside the walls of Jerusalem and that the bodies of criminals were disposed of there, I think it safe to assume that Gehenna is for unrepentant willful sinners.

But let us assume I am wrong. It does represent a place we would yet want to avoid, doesn't it?

If so, how do we avoid it?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Benoni »

Spiritual Symbolism is what there the key is in this mystery (Greek) Sacred Secret. The word mystery is written nearly 20 times in the NT. Jerusalem is the chosen city of God where Mt Zion is which is place of glory and the tabernacle of David. If the city was Sodom and Gomorrah, maybe Babylon or maybe Rome I would agree. But Jerusalem is not a place of sinners but of believers. Goat believers eat plenty of garbage religious food.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Benoni »

Avoid it? We are saved by grace not willfully seeking God. Billions have heard the message of the the gospel of truth but blindly follow the creeds dogmas and reject the revelation of the spirit and this makes them goats for they will eat anything religious like a goat will eat anything. This is not a bad thing for a goat like a sheep is a clean animal by the law of Moses. But my sheep KNOW my voice and a goat may know him but they have the wrong diet. Gehenna is a place where God will burn all the wood hay and stubble but not the goat. In the end All will know or see Him.

Luke 3:6: And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
See: (Gk) with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable

See: Strong’s NT:3700

God's fire is spiritual be it Gehenna or the Spiritual Lake of Fire.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #35

Post by myth-one.com »

Benoni wrote:Billions have heard the message of the the gospel of truth . . .
What is your evidence for that statement?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to myth-one.com]

So do you have a more accurate estimation? If so please pass it on.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #37

Post by myth-one.com »

Benoni wrote: [Replying to myth-one.com]

So do you have a more accurate estimation? If so please pass it on.
I've never heard the true gospel preached in any church.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to myth-one.com]

There all levels some 30, 60 and 100 fold. God uses all religious systems for babylon is a golden cup in the hands of the Lord.

Left Site
Apprentice

Post #39

Post by Left Site »

Benoni wrote: Spiritual Symbolism is what there the key is in this mystery (Greek) Sacred Secret. The word mystery is written nearly 20 times in the NT. Jerusalem is the chosen city of God where Mt Zion is which is place of glory and the tabernacle of David. If the city was Sodom and Gomorrah, maybe Babylon or maybe Rome I would agree. But Jerusalem is not a place of sinners but of believers. Goat believers eat plenty of garbage religious food.
So none ever broke God's Law and had to be punished by the Law's keepers?
Don't you think that view to be a bit unrealistic?

I know that there is also a symbolic aspect where law breakers are spiritually subjected to that fire. That is not a mystery. As Paul said, it was given to us to understand the mysteries of God. Just search the words, "the mystery", and you will find numerous places that show the mystery is no longer a mystery to God's people.

Speaking of that symbolic aspect, there at Luke 16 that is a symbolic application concerning the Rich Man and Lazarus. I have been contemplating sharing what I have learned concerning that but have hesitated as so many seem to already have their minds made up.

The Rich Man and his loss and suffering is about the spiritual death and debasement of the irresponsible rulers of God's people, Israel. Thus the end of that Old Covenant with that Rich Man and the bringing in of the New Covenant with the meeker Lazarus class.

I personally don't want to miss the spiritual nourishment that parable supplies.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to BusB]

So are you saying Jesus need to die again because his death did not cover the sin of Adam? Perhaps we need to start killing sheep and goats that to is the law of Moses? Maybe stoning which is more law?

God hides his deepness and most believers see very little of the mysteries because they are to busy defending their bias then seek the truth.

God id not calling the whole world now so he has no need to torture those he never called.