What purpose would a system of government have in heaven?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

What purpose would a system of government have in heaven?

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

What purpose would a system of government have when God is both omnipotent and omniscient? Why would an omnipotent God need to delegate in order to effectively rule? Can you perhaps give a few examples of what these rulers would be tasked to do? What purpose would rulers have in a paradise society? There is no economy to take care of, no resource distribution, no justice system as all members at this point will be free of sin... what is left for the rulers to do?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What purpose would a system of government have in heaven

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Justin108 wrote:After the 1000 years, will resources still be finite? Will disease still exist? Will people still need food to survive?
JehovahsWitness wrote:
What needs would these masses have in paradise?

There will be millions maybe billions of people living in their territory (the entire planet earth) that will need adequate food, clothing and housing, fulfilling work, a good clean environment in which to raise their families. Ensuring this is available for millions of people without exception with complete equality for all would be impossible without some kind of administration (thus "The Kingdom"). [...] Thanks to the powers given them, these rulerw will guide mankind back to perfection, perfect health. Death as a result of old age, deprivation or disease will eventually be a things of the past (see Rev 21:3, 4)

For a clearer explanation of governmental structure and purpose see the video below

[youtube][/youtube]

Replying to post 115 by JehovahsWitness
Justin108 wrote:After the 1000 years, will resources still be finite?
JehovahsWitness wrote:Does earth have limited resources?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: Okay, well let me put it clearer ...

God lives in heaven. God (using Jesus and 144,000 others) will destroy all the governments that are currently ruling.

The day after this event nothing has changed except there is a new (world) government.

- the trees are all the same; the mountains are the same, the animals are the same...
- I am the same (I don't start glowing and hovering above the ground)
Are you exactly the same? Are you still mortal?
Mortal refers to "a living human being... subjet to death." I just said, I am still the same, so yes I will still be a flesh and blood human that needs to eat to stay alive. Everybody else will also be human and if they decide to jump of a high building they will probably die.
I see you snipped out the part of me asking if you still visibly age over time.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #13

Justin108 wrote:I see you snipped out the part of me asking if you still visibly age over time.
JehovahsWitness wrote:Thanks to the powers given them, these rulers will guide mankind back to perfection, perfect health. Death as a result of old age [...] will eventually be a things of the past (see Rev 21:3, 4)

The bible promises
JOB 33:25
Let his flesh become fresher than in youth,
Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor - NASV
So we can expect at some point the ravages of old age to eventually stop and even go into reversee; so that old people will regain their youthful appearance. As mankind reaches physical perfection children will grow normally to reach a healthy, happy adulthood but once at physical maturity nobody on earth will visibly age (as in experiencing the ravages of old age) ever again.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote:I see you snipped out the part of me asking if you still visibly age over time.
JehovahsWitness wrote:Thanks to the powers given them, these rulers will guide mankind back to perfection, perfect health. Death as a result of old age [...] will eventually be a things of the past (see Rev 21:3, 4)

The bible promises
JOB 33:25
Let his flesh become fresher than in youth,
Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor - NASV
So we can expect at some point the ravages of old age to eventually stop and even go into reversee; so that old people will regain their youthful appearance. As mankind reaches physical perfection children will grow normally to reach a healthy, happy adulthood but once at physical maturity nobody on earth will visibly age (as in experiencing the ravages of old age) ever again.

Good. Now as for post 11.

[Replying to post 11 by JehovahsWitness]

I asked
After the 1000 years, will resources still be finite? Will disease still exist? Will people still need food to survive?
This was a simple yes or no question, but instead you decided for reasons unknown to post an entire paragraph. From what I gather in the given paragraph, the answer is "yes - the earth will still have finite resources, disease will still exist (though it will be dealt with) and hunger will still exist (though with careful resource management of the finite resources, everyone will be fed).

In post 8, you claimed that in a thousand years, paradise will be perfect. Please explain how paradise is perfect when resources are still finite and hunger and disease still exist?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Justin108 wrote:I gather in the given paragraph, the answer is yes ... hunger will still exist
That is what you gathered from what I posted was it...?
JehovahsWitness wrote: Hunger and poverty will be things of the past.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Things will feel a whole lot better immediately, war will instantly cease, not one more person will go to bed hungry ...
JW

QUESTION: Since the earth can only produce so much (has finite resources), won't that mean that some people will go unsatisfied?

Absolutely not, no! This planets capacity to produce is amazing, as long as the seasons keep turning, the human family will have enough for all their needs. Earths resources do not need to be infinite to be sufficient

The earth, even now can actually produce more than enough to feed all its inhabitants. An earth blessed by God, restored to peak condition and managed to perfection by a perfect government, will produce a super abundance*. There will be no hunger, no famine, no malnutrion, nobody in want in the paradise. These things exist today because of war, pestilence, pollution greed and mismanagement. All things that will be eliminated by God's government!

* Of course Jesus miraculously made five loaves and two fishes go a long way when on earth but there is no reason to believe we will need to rely on miraculous multiplictation of the food since God's beautiful earth is more than capable of feeding us all.

QUESTION: Will there be sickness and disease on the paradise earth?

No, nobody will get sick and all diseases will be eliminated.

Although the road to perfection will take some time (1000 years) we can expect the bible promises to eliminate sickness, handicap and disease to be immediate.

click on the picture to enlarge to read the bible passages.

Jesus instantly healed people of their ailments when he was on earth; while they were not restored to perfection (they did not become perfect men and women that never thereafter made a mistake) , their handicaps or ailments instantly disappeared. This was a demonstration on a small scale of what he plans to do on a global scale; so we can expect that from the start of Jesus' reign ALL those that survive will be freed of any ailments, sickness or handicaps they might have. Disease (contageous illnesses) will immediately disappear forever.

.RELATED POSTS

Will people work in paradise?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 34#p796534

Will people build and live in houses in paradise?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 71#p915971

Will people suffer from hunger on the paradise EARTH?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 75#p878675
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

THE KINGDOM, THE MILLENIUM and ...THE EARTHLY PARADISE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote:I gather in the given paragraph, the answer is yes ... hunger will still exist
That is what you gathered from what I posted was it...?
JehovahsWitness wrote: Hunger and poverty will be things of the past.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Things will feel a whole lot better immediately, war will instantly cease, not one more person will go to bed hungry ...
JW
The only reason hunger will be "a thing of the past" according to your description of paradise is because people will be regularly fed, but hunger will still exist in the sense that if we do not eat, we will go hungry. In other words, we will still need food in order to survive.
JehovahsWitness wrote: QUESTION: Since the earth can only produce so much (has finite resources), won't that mean that some people will go unsatisfied?
Who asked this question? I certainly didn't. My actual question was that you explain how paradise is perfect when resources are still finite?

Furthermore, will the resources be the same kind of resources we have today? Do we still need to work in the fields for vegetables? Do we still need to kill defenseless animals for food? If so, can you explain how paradise is perfect when animals need to suffer for us to survive?
JehovahsWitness wrote: Although the road to perfection will take some time (1000 years) we can expect the bible promises to eliminate sickness, handicap and disease to be immediate.
In post 4, you mentioned a health plan that will be governed by this 144,000. Once sickness is eliminated, can we expect this health plan to become obsolete?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Justin108 wrote:In post 4, you mentioned a health plan that will be governed by this 144,000. Once sickness is eliminated, can we expect this health plan to become obsolete?
If we think of the kingdom's "health plan" as being the means by which citizens will be guided back to perfect health, then yes; one doesn't need to be lead (guided back) somewhere after one has arrived. After the millenium, all humans will have attained perfection, and this will never again be allowed to be lost, so that "plan" will have achieved its purpose. All obedient humans will enjoy perfect health forever.

JW

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: After the millenium, all humans will have attained perfection,
Please explain how humans would be considered perfect when they still have the need to eat in order to survive. Also, please address my earlier question regarding the means of which resources are gathered. Do we still need to work in the field to grow vegetables and do we still need to kill animals to get meat? How can you consider paradise perfect when we still need to kill innocent animals in order to survive?
Last edited by Justin108 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

Justin108 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: After the millenium, all humans will have attained perfection,
Please explain how humans would be considered perfect when they still have the need to eat.
Please explain what you mean when you say the word "perfect". Why in your opinion is eating incompatible with perfection?

JW

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Please explain how humans would be considered perfect when they still have the need to eat.
Please explain what you mean when you say the word "perfect". Why in your opinion is eating incompatible with perfection?

JW
perfect
adjective
ˈpə�fɪkt/
having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

Eating is not incompatible with perfection. The need to eat is.

Again, please address my earlier question regarding the means of which resources are gathered. Do we still need to work in the field to grow vegetables and do we still need to kill animals to get meat? How can you consider paradise perfect when we still need to kill innocent animals in order to survive?